ADVERTISEMENT

Jaemyn Brakefield Season Preview

BlueDevilStop

Starter
Jun 8, 2020
I think he is being overlooked a bit. He offers an element off the bench nobody else on the team can replicate. What are you expecting from Brakefield as a Freshman?

Reactions: christophero
Brakefield is fascinating. Almost any other year he would get playing time. But this year, with how deep we are at the 3 and 4, barring injury, he may not play much. Also with the staff raving about Coleman he is seemingly behind him as well right now. I hope he is able to wait as there is no doubt he is very good.

Whats happened to his production? He was playing so well and confidently early in year....OFC

Jaemyn has the potential to be a special player in the future. My hope is we see him return to some semblance of what we saw early on at some point. Are freshmen are inconsistent, because they're, well, freshmen. We've been spoiled by the Stanley, Jah, Justice, Carey, Marvin, Wendell, RJ, Tyus, and especially Zion. Not every freshman player is the same. I've seen flashes of brilliance from Jalen, Steward, and Roach this season. Nothing consistent though. I think all of these kids would be great with another year in the system. However, we know Jalen is gone. I think this team next season bringing all these kids back would be a tough out. Just don't think it's in the cards for this group in 20-21 though. I'll keep pulling hard for them though.

I have no doubt Brakefield will be good. It will just take a year or two. I posted a while back that he could possibly be one and done; but he was trending upwards at the time. He's a talented player he just needs to get his confidence back.

I agree. He has so much potential. I truly believe he will be a force to be reckoned with in the future, it just might not be the immediate future.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT