ADVERTISEMENT

I just witnessed Roy Williams call a timeout

I believe the heels are going to lose this one. Buzz acts like he's not playing with a full deck. Hope he don't fall over with dehydration.

Yeah they're starting to show their weaknesses. I see them finishing the regular season with 10 losses.

I can't believe Bilas just gave UVA the ACC crown. Dang Jay you know they will lose to some nobody.
I’m hoping that Clemson can pull off the win against Virginia tomorrow night then our game against them on Saturday could be for a tie for first place in the ACC.

Reactions: skysdad
I can't believe Bilas just gave UVA the ACC crown. Dang Jay you know they will lose to some nobody.

I was surprised he stated it so matter-of-factly....like it’s already a done deal.

That said, if you asked me who I think will win the ACC regular season, right now, I’d probably say Virginia, too. My reasoning is that I think it’s likely we lose a couple more games in conference play. By losing a couple, that would mean four losses. I just don’t see UVA losing four conference games or going just 7-4 or 6-5 in their last 11. I also don’t think we’ll see Clemson or Louisville maintain their current pace.

I was surprised he stated it so matter-of-factly....like it’s already a done deal.

That said, if you asked me who I think will win the ACC regular season, right now, I’d probably say Virginia, too. My reasoning is that I think it’s likely we lose a couple more games in conference play. By losing a couple, that would mean four losses. I just don’t see UVA losing four conference games or going just 7-4 or 6-5 in their last 11. I also don’t think we’ll see Clemson or Louisville maintain their current pace.

Starting Saturday Virginia's remaining schedule gets a lot tougher.

I may be dead wrong, but I really don't think we lose another one, and looking at Va, they have to still have to play at Duke, at Miami, and at Fla state. I think we have a "chance" to catch them. We may lose again, but I can't find the game on the schedule that I am very concerned about.

I may be dead wrong, but I really don't think we lose another one, and looking at Va, they have to still have to play at Duke, at Miami, and at Fla state. I think we have a "chance" to catch them. We may lose again, but I can't find the game on the schedule that I am very concerned about.

We’re going to be favored in every one of our last 11 games in conference play. Every single one. So the oddsmakers would likely agree that they can’t find a loss. And sitting here right now, I couldn’t tell you where one comes from, either. But I also didn’t think we’d lose to BC or State. We could go 16-2, but I think the odds would be better for 14-4. However, I hope I’m wrong and you’re right.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I think we have improved defensively, problem is, we haven't seen it against much tough competition yet. We'll see how it goes.

I feel like this team has kind of turned a corner in that our outside shooting seems to have picked up, and when Grayson gets it back, watch out. I also feel like we are at least trying to play better defense. I really don't look for any more surprises. I believe they are ready to lock in and get real serious. We'll see.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Been waiting awhile on Sportscenter for UNC highlights. Not exactly their top story. Wanted to see Big Luke Maye, NPOY candidate,tear em up.

I think you are probably right. However, there is a good chance that by the end of the week we will be sitting in second place, one game behind UVA, with the tiebreaker. Just one minor stumble by UVA is all it takes.

If we have truly turned the corner, then we don't lose two more games in conference, maybe not even one. But I think we stumble somewhere along the line. One of the games to UNC and/or the game @VT while looking ahead to senior night. I believe 4 is the magic number----head to the Big Dance with 4 or less losses and it will look a lot like 2015.

One other thing: we are leaps and bounds ahead of last year's team where twice we lost 3 out 4. Assuming we are relatively healthy come March, our floor is the sweet 16, maybe even the elite 8

It's not that UNX lost at Va Tech, anyone can do that (Duke has), but UNX looked like they gave up. Pinson did nothing the last 5 minutes, Berry with the air ball that wasn't even close, the big guys giving them nothing.

I think they're playing dead until they play Duke.

I wonder if he's considered their schedule. Only 2 of their 7 conference wins were against teams projected to make the tournament (both home games). In their final 11 games, UVA plays 8 games against projected NCAA teams (5 on the road). UVA certainly has a leg up on us and the rest of the field, but they will certainly lose a few games in the next 6 weeks.

I think you are probably right. However, there is a good chance that by the end of the week we will be sitting in second place, one game behind UVA, with the tiebreaker. Just one minor stumble by UVA is all it takes.

If we have truly turned the corner, then we don't lose two more games in conference, maybe not even one. But I think we stumble somewhere along the line. One of the games to UNC and/or the game @VT while looking ahead to senior night. I believe 4 is the magic number----head to the Big Dance with 4 or less losses and it will look a lot like 2015.

We are not losing to Carolina this year, no way. We are far more talented and match up with them nicely. We are far more likely to lose a game @ VT or somewhere where motivation is lower and our opponent is playing their super bowl. Not Carolina, not this year.

I wonder if he's considered their schedule. Only 2 of their 7 conference wins were against teams projected to make the tournament (both home games). In their final 11 games, UVA plays 8 games against projected NCAA teams (5 on the road). UVA certainly has a leg up on us and the rest of the field, but they will certainly lose a few games in the next 6 weeks.

Dont think into it that much. Bilas has a knack for seizing opportunities to prove he is objective and a non homer. This is exactly one of those situations. He knows they have a conference lead, they are a solid team and will win a lot of games they should win. That is it in a nutshell. Analysts have too much homework to do on the 2 teams they are calling and as soon as that is done they are moving in to the next 2 teams. They have a general understanding of the landscape of college hoops as a whole but not nearly to the extent of knowing the remaining conference schedule of a particular team.

It’s been so quiet and peaceful lately here in the Carolinas. The tarhole fans have gone into hibernation here. Bless their hearts.

We are not losing to Carolina this year, no way. We are far more talented and match up with them nicely. We are far more likely to lose a game @ VT or somewhere where motivation is lower and our opponent is playing their super bowl. Not Carolina, not this year.
No way I am counting any UNC games as a win until I see Roy pull his starters with 0.9 seconds left. Too many crazy things can happen in this rivalry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT