ADVERTISEMENT

How old are you?

37. Joined in 2005, but was forced to switch my handle at some point in 2010 after getting banned from the Gamecock forum. I’m much less likely to get fired up these days.
I need to change mine also, haven't belonged to that site in many years.

Reactions: skysdad
Oct. 18th. A great day to celebrate a birthday. Same date I celebrate mine.
Oh wow, awesome Dukeman. It's also my sister-in-law's birthdate. We are planning a big birthday bash next year in New Orleans. You're welcome to come join us lol.

76. Started following Duke in the 60's. Went to my first game in '62. First football game the next year. Covered them for years after I started working for one of the NC papers in '69. Nothing like shooting photos from the sidelines to really get a feel for the games. Sometimes more feel than you really wanted.
I also was born in 43 and my father worked for The Durham Herald and The Durham Sun. Did you work for this paper?

Reactions: hpnole and skysdad
56. grew up in the dmv and was a rabid terp fan. parents retired to the pinehurst area just as i was starting high school. stuck with them till the bias fiasco. i had to give up on them and already hated unc so i went duke and have never looked back.

56. grew up in the dmv and was a rabid terp fan. parents retired to the pinehurst area just as i was starting high school. stuck with them till the bias fiasco. i had to give up on them and already hated unc so i went duke and have never looked back.

Hey what's up surfdevil? It's only a few steps from Wallace Wade to Cameron. Thats just one more thing that makes Duke so special Whether you go to a football game or basketball game it's so easy to spend a little time in such great venues the same day. Thank you very much for your dedication to Duke football. What I would love is for the football board to return along with maybe a baseball bosrd. What do you think? OFC

Reactions: JohnstonCDevil
Hey what's up surfdevil? It's only a few steps from Wallace Wade to Cameron. Thats just one more thing that makes Duke so special Whether you go to a football game or basketball game it's so easy to spend a little time in such great venues the same day. Thank you very much for your dedication to Duke football. What I would love is for the football board to return along with maybe a baseball bosrd. What do you think? OFC
Is the football boats still being bombarded by spammers?

they never wanted to restart the football board. i reached out long ago to the football board mods and they responded that the traffick level was so slow in comparison to the bball board that they saw no need to reboot it. hate it but it makes sense. i know 50 duke bball fans here in wilmington but probably on 4 or 5 of them follow any other duke sports. bball drives our chariot.

they never wanted to restart the football board. i reached out long ago to the football board mods and they responded that the traffick level was so slow in comparison to the bball board that they saw no need to reboot it. hate it but it makes sense. i know 50 duke bball fans here in wilmington but probably on 4 or 5 of them follow any other duke sports. bball drives our chariot.

See new thread. OFC

So far it looks like 55 years between our youngest and oldest poster. I that is AWESOME! OFC

The football thread has 25 pages and 981 replies on it. I think there is a lot of interst. OFC

I also was born in 43 and my father worked for The Durham Herald and The Durham Sun. Did you work for this paper?
no high point enterprise. they are now owned by the same company, or were. Actually , you are older than I am. I was born in Jan.
44. Spent 3 years in the USA went to work for the paper in '69/

37, but if it is worth anything I feel much older (and not in any of the good ways). First post was in January of 2005, probably defending JJ Redick's honor.

41. Just started on this site this year. I have been a Duke fan since the late '80's when I really started following college basketball.

Turned 29 last week. Been on this board since I found out about it around 2016-2017. From Ohio, most of my family is UK fans. Those who aren’t are UNC fans. Then there is me, who at the age of 8 or 9 was Jay Williams every time I took a jump shot in my drive way.
I'm 63, and even though I didn't become a Duke fan until 1980 (both mine and K's first year at Duke), at age 8 I was also Jay Williams every time I took a shot in my driveway. Of course, that's my actual name . . .

Reactions: Duke937 and skysdad
@skysdad and @OldasdirtDevil remember rooting for Trinity and fought hard against the name change. :D

You dang tootin' we did, 'cause it took Sky and me a week or two to come up with 'Trinity', and we didn't like those young'uns changing our vision! But after many, many decades we've finally gotten over the name change.

OFC

Well Dirt that’s a thing we develop when we become weathered. It’s called CRS and I have it pretty bad.

Yeah, I constantly think something happened 3 or 4 years ago, and it was closer to 10. Time seems to go a little quicker nowadays.

OFC

Where in the DMV did you grow up? I'm still here and currently live in Howard County

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT