ADVERTISEMENT

How old are you?

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Post only if you want to. It's just for my curiosity. I've always wondered our age range. You guys know I'm old but I would like to know who is the yoingest , oldest and if you know what year you started pulling for Duke.

Me. I'm 67. 1960. OFC

31. Started getting into basketball when I was 8 years old. Then started following Duke 96-97 season. It was Tim Duncan’s senior year and Dean Smith’s last year as a head coach.

Reactions: skysdad
I started posting here the 2015-16 season. Didn’t really know about Devils Illustrated until my friend who is a uk fan was always talking about being on Cats Illustrated. He told me that Duke has a similar message board. I signed up immediately because I wanted to talk Duke with other Duke fans.

33.. been a member here since I was 19.

I’ve been a Duke fan my whole life but this site has really helped me understand the behind the scenes aspects of Duke basketball as well as got me interested in incoming recruits.

Well today is my birthday 74 years young where has the time gone.

Happy birthday you old geezer. I know you had to be around 7 or so but can you remember Dick Groat? Thank you for posting. You have seen it all. You are a very valuable poster. OFC

Reactions: RHFD and Fourteen44
76. Started following Duke in the 60's. Went to my first game in '62. First football game the next year. Covered them for years after I started working for one of the NC papers in '69. Nothing like shooting photos from the sidelines to really get a feel for the games. Sometimes more feel than you really wanted.

46 this coming Friday... been a Duke fan since I was 5 or 6 had an aunt that went to Duke and had some classes with Mike Gminski and she would bring me down some

Reactions: Fourteen44
76. Started following Duke in the 60's. Went to my first game in '62. First football game the next year. Covered them for years after I started working for one of the NC papers in '69. Nothing like shooting photos from the sidelines to really get a feel for the games. Sometimes more feel than you really wanted.

We have a lot of guys in their 60's and 70's. Right now you are our oldest and I say that with respect and admiration. OFC

Turned 29 last week. Been on this board since I found out about it around 2016-2017. From Ohio, most of my family is UK fans. Those who aren’t are UNC fans. Then there is me, who at the age of 8 or 9 was Jay Williams every time I took a jump shot in my drive way.

Post only if you want to. It's just for my curiosity. I've always wondered our age range. You guys know I'm old but I would like to know who is the yoingest , oldest and if you know what year you started pulling for Duke.

Me. I'm 67. 1960. OFC

I just turned 43 in December, a week before Christmas. I’ve been a Duke fan since the early to mid 80’s when guys like Danny Ferry and Johnny Dawkins were at Duke. This coming Tuesday will make 9 years that I’ve been a member of this board.

45 and I know this sounds weird but I can't wait when I turn 46 because around that time I'll be retiring!!! Been a Duke fan since the Danny Ferry days and just began posting a couple months ago

Turned 67 in December. My Duke fandom started during the Art Heyman years. I feel like a young'un compared to some of you old geezers:)...might have to change my handle to 'youngastopsoildevil'.

Im 69 but wife says I’m about 12. Been a member 6 years I think.

And time flies by faster than we think, Gotta, 'cause by looking at your 'joined by year' it was 2010 when you first joined.:D

Well today is my birthday 74 years young where has the time gone.

Happy Birthday, RHFD, and many more good ones to come!

This thread now makes it official, OFC RULEZ!!!:D:D

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT