ADVERTISEMENT

How old are you?

Turned 67 in December. My Duke fandom started during the Art Heyman years. I feel like a young'un compared to some of you old geezers:)...might have to change my handle to 'youngastopsoildevil'.

And time flies by faster than we think, Gotta, 'cause by looking at your 'joined by year' it was 2010 when you first joined.:D

Happy Birthday, RHFD, and many more good ones to come!

This thread now makes it official, OFC RULEZ!!!:D:D

OFC

I'm 6 months older than you dirt. I already had a couple of teeth in when you were born.OFC

55. Huge Duke fan since Nov. 85. Home on break my senior year in college and just happened to catch Duke in the Pre Season...shit now I cant remember the name...NIT Tipoff Challenge? Duke, St John's, Michigan, and ?? Great games. Watching that team, especially Alarie and a 6'10 Ferry throwing alley oops to a 6'2 Dawkins totally got me hooked.

Reactions: skysdad
Dukefanky and retired soldier are 72 and 71 respectively. They were duke fans when tv was black and white.

Me too. I can't remember the 1st Duke game I saw in color but remember lots of games in black and white. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Been a true Duke fan since 91.
I remember liking the team that had Geminski and Banks, but didn't become hooked until I attended a game in Cameron.

45 and I know this sounds weird but I can't wait when I turn 46 because around that time I'll be retiring!!! Been a Duke fan since the Danny Ferry days and just began posting a couple months ago

Wow! That’s an early retirement!
I plan to retire at 60, and I know you’re not supposed to wish your life away, but I’m kind of ready for that Birthday to get here

Skysdad I have been around & have seen many players at Duke Mike Lewis,Jeff Mullins were two of the best years ago & thanks for the kind words right now the wife has a sexy night gown on so I better take care of some things.

Skysdad I have been around & have seen many players at Duke Mike Lewis,Jeff Mullins were two of the best years ago & thanks for the kind words right now the wife has a sexy night gown on so I better take care of some things.

You mean you can still take care of things? Wow, I'm not worthy. OFC

42. Joined here in 2002 under the username dukiej....then became dukiejay in 2005, I believe.

My uncle and a cousin graduated from Duke. My cousin was in 1992....let's just say she had four pretty good years at Duke. I've been a fan as long as I can remember....kind of a family thing.

Reactions: kingbluedevil

Bragging that you can still take care of things is just not right. You’re going to hurt @QC Dukie feelings!! There’s a rumor around the board that he has “issues”. Shhhhhhhh!!!

This is about the time I started watching Duke basketball. It's the game where Art Heyman started whipping larry brown's butt. It was stopped before heyman did a lot of damage. One of my favorite clips ever of a Duke/unc cheater u game. A little grainy but it's clear enough to see Heyman digging in. Enjoy. OFC

Turned 67 in December. My Duke fandom started during the Art Heyman years. I feel like a young'un compared to some of you old geezers:)...might have to change my handle to 'youngastopsoildevil'.

And time flies by faster than we think, Gotta, 'cause by looking at your 'joined by year' it was 2010 when you first joined.:D

Happy Birthday, RHFD, and many more good ones to come!

This thread now makes it official, OFC RULEZ!!!:D:D

OFC
Well Dirt that’s a thing we develop when we become weathered. It’s called CRS and I have it pretty bad.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I’m so old that I remember listening to Duke games on a transistor radio. Weren’t many televised games back then. Only an occasional game on Saturday carried by CD Chesley and sponsored by Pilot Life. Remember “sail with the pilot”?

Wow! That’s an early retirement!
I plan to retire at 60, and I know you’re not supposed to wish your life away, but I’m kind of ready for that Birthday to get here

Haha. You're right around the corner!! If I didn't leave the Police Dept. between 2003-2006, I would have retired at 43. Oh well...just a few months to go.

I will turn 54 on Sept 15th. I think I remember someone else on here has that same birthday?

I started watching Duke starting the 88-89 season.
Welp what do ya know - I’m one day older than you. I started watching Duke I think beginning 87 or 88. Can’t remember for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT