ADVERTISEMENT

How do you see your playing style this season?

Im a UK fan coming in peace haha

But I'm excited for the tip-off in Indy and cannot wait another day for the matchup. I was interested in your views on your own team and roster. I have analyzed my own team's recruits and know about our guys, but I am interested in your guys. You guys are the talk of the upcoming season with your FAB 3 freshman who will be fun to watch, but I haven't really been reading the scouting reports and practice info.

I'd imagine you guys will go:
5- Bolden
4- Williamson
3- Reddish
2- Barrett
1- Jones

I see you all being more of a driving team and will shoot less 3-pointers, which is different from your usual style. How does your rotation look as of right now? 7-8-or 9 guys? Are these guys able to play man-2-man? I know freshman teams vary greatly on their ability to play defense out of the gate...but your guys are very athletic. I just wanted your input on what you guys are thinking before you see them next week.

Look forward to watching your guys next week....and Im ready for the Champions Classic.
He cometh.

Reactions: HoptownCat93
You think you’ll end up starting Montgomery over Reid?
My “Opinion”, by the end of the year. Yes. That’s just a opinion because I think he’s going to be very good.

But who knows, he might be the 9th man.

My “Opinion”, by the end of the year. Yes. That’s just a opinion because I think he’s going to be very good.

But who knows, he might be the 9th man.
That’s very fair. I assume that you believe that is because of the high upside for EJ? I would find it hard to believe that the 5th year would be the one coming off the bench. But again that’s just a guess.

Reactions: jchammock
That’s very fair. I assume that you believe that is because of the high upside for EJ? I would find it hard to believe that the 5th year would be the one coming off the bench. But again that’s just a guess.
I really do believe EJ will be awesome.

My favorite three players going into the season is Hagans, Herro, and Montgomery.

My personal opinion is Hagans and Herro will be like Ulis and Booker. And I think Montgomery will be like a better version of Terrance Jones.

I love PJ Washington and Kendall Johnson. I think that will be our starting five come March.

But like I said, that’s my opinion.

We could have Green, Baker, Quickley, Reid, and Richards starting come March.

You got to admit, just shooting the ish in August is pretty fun wondering who your starters are going to be in March.

The more and more I think about this game this early in the season turns me off. I hate it. You win, most think it would mean nothing, but some would get over excited and say we’re the best blah blah . We lose, it just sucks to start off 0-1. Some try to comfort each other saying it’s just early in the season blah blah. I don’t even like it for the players. If they win they could get too excited/too confident whatever for a game that means not a lot. They lose, its like wow we got to Duke and we’re 0-1. After all you hear about them just wanting to win!! Lol. I don’t like it for either team regardless of the outcome .... I just hate everything about this game (when) it is. It ruins how actually good this game could be later too imo. Maybe I’m wrong and wierd ....Yea I am crazy the way my mind just goes ape crap .
I know what your saying but you have to agree, it’s good for the game.

If Duke wins, We’re pissed. If UK wins, y’all are pissed. But come on, I think this game should happen every year no matter the outcome.

I’m a hardcore UK fan and I would love to see us play Duke, UNC, Kansas, and UCLA every year.

We’re The supposably 5 blue bloods of college basketball. So even if we lose I want to play the best. I know what you mean about playing early but it is what it is.

Either way, if y’all win, I’ll congratulate you. I hope this game actually becomes yearly. I’d much rather play elite teams. If you lose, what the hell. You got beat by a good team.

It’s just my old mind thinking.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
I know what your saying but you have to agree, it’s good for the game.

If Duke wins, We’re pissed. If UK wins, y’all are pissed. But come on, I think this game should happen every year no matter the outcome.

I’m a hardcore UK fan and I would love to see us play Duke, UNC, Kansas, and UCLA every year.

We’re The supposably 5 blue bloods of college basketball. So even if we lose I want to play the best. I know what you mean about playing early but it is what it is.

Either way, if y’all win, I’ll congratulate you. I hope this game actually becomes yearly. I’d much rather play elite teams. If you lose, what the hell. You got beat by a good team.

It’s just my old mind thinking.

I'd happily cancel the champions classic and just do Duke-Ky every year. But prefer neutral court and later in the year. Actually I wouldn't mind a November game and an early February game......lets play two!!

I'd happily cancel the champions classic and just do Duke-Ky every year. But prefer neutral court and later in the year. Actually I wouldn't mind a November game and an early February game......lets play two!!
I’ll go two but it’s got to be home and home dude. Screw the neutral courts. Let’s feel Cameron And Rupp. That’s the way it’s suppose to be. That would be awesome.

I’ll go two but it’s got to be home and home dude. Screw the neutral courts. Let’s feel Cameron And Rupp. That’s the way it’s suppose to be. That would be awesome.

Home and home would be more fun, but I think the neutral courts gives a little better gauge on where each team really is. We both have a huge advantage at home. I'd kind of like to see them play with no extra advantage. But yeah, home and home would be more fun

I honestly think UK wins at the Classic. Especially with our current injury situations. Had Tre and Cam been able to fully workout with the team up til then, I'd choose us, hell even if they had been able to play with the team in Canada I'd choose us, but we will have no flow to our game, will have just thrown Cam and Tre into the mix after a layoff for them, And we definitely won't be clicking on defense yet at that time. If we meet again in the dance, I think we win that matchup. I know we are forming a little chemistry by hanging out together, but we REALLY need these preseason openers to be played by our starting 5 to prepare, we've lost that already.

I honestly think UK wins at the Classic. Especially with our current injury situations. Had Tre and Cam been able to fully workout with the team up til then, I'd choose us, hell even if they had been able to play with the team in Canada I'd choose us, but we will have no flow to our game, will have just thrown Cam and Tre into the mix after a layoff for them, And we definitely won't be clicking on defense yet at that time. If we meet again in the dance, I think we win that matchup. I know we are forming a little chemistry by hanging out together, but we REALLY need these preseason openers to be played by our starting 5 to prepare, we've lost that already.
I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

You think you’ll end up starting Montgomery over Reid?

The word is that EJ is for real. 6'-10" athlete and has a sweet jump shot for his size. Keldon Johnson is generating all the buzz from the NBA/ESPN guys who have been in practice. He has a serious mean streak and a shut down defender. Talks alot of smack too. Ashten Hagans is turning alot of heads, and I think the biggest shocker is how good Tyler Herro is. Zion Williamson said at the Mcdonalds All American game that Tyler Herro was bay far the most underrated player in the country. And he showed it in the Bahamas. Even though it was only 4 games, he is a pure scorer with a very nice shot. He is a true freshman played against foreign pro players and lit them up. He is gonna be good. Reid Travis is a big due, lol. My gosh he looks like a football player. Cats looked great going 4-0. Excited to see Duke play this week and especially excited to see Kentucky v Duke to start the season. EASILY the 2 top teams this year

There are no superstars on Kentucky this year. They are deeper than we are because a few of their players like PJ Washington and Reid Travis are not NBA caliber players so they came back to school. They have three point guards none of whom are better than Tre Jones. One or two may be equal at best. They don’t have a true center that can protect the rim and they have no go to guy.

Zion, Cam and RJ superior to anyone on Kentucky’s team. AOC, Baker and Javen are equvialant to anyone they bring off the bench.

K rarely if ever goes nine or ten deep especially in key games so who cares if their 9 th and 10th man is better than ours.

To put it in perspective none of their players are as talented as Kevin Knox was last year.

There are no superstars on Kentucky this year. They are deeper than we are because a few of their players like PJ Washington and Reid Travis are not NBA caliber players so they came back to school. They have three point guards none of whom are better than Tre Jones. One or two may be equal at best. They don’t have a true center that can protect the rim and they have no go to guy.

To put it in perspective none of their players are as talented as Kevin Knox was last year.

I would like some reasoning behind why none of them are better than Tre Jones? I mean you really haven't seen Jones or the Kentucky guys play that much and you can only base it on high school tape and rankings. The 247 Composite Rankings say Ashton Hagans was the #1 PG and Tre Jones was the #3...maybe Jones is better, but there really isn't evidence when you're talking about freshman. Not saying who is better...but I just want to know why its just clear that none of them are better?

Nick Richards will be a rim protector. From what I saw last week, he's a much more confident player. He's 7'0 and athletic...just wasn't ready for D1 ball last year and I think he's broken through a wall. And unlike last year, he doesn't have to carry a big burden in the post...all he has to do is just come in and rim protect.

Kevin Knox was talented...yes...but inconsistent and was awful on the defensive end. I'd say a Sophomore PJ Washington, a 5th year Reid Travis, and Keldon Johnson will be as good if not better and provide more consistent production than Kevin Knox.

The only thing I know for sure is that RJ Barrett will be a superstar in college and the NBA...the clear cut best player on the floor. Hopefully Reddish is healthy too, he has the making of an all-star NBA wing.

I think our match up will be about depth/experience vs. talent/coaching. But as we all know, in basketball anything can happen in a 1 game scenario and the best team doesn't always win. Would really love a Duke/UK title game because it would be the ultimate game for the sport on its biggest stage.

Reactions: Tyblue22

Zion, Cam and RJ superior to anyone on Kentucky’s team. AOC, Baker and Javen are equvialant to anyone they bring off the bench.

K rarely if ever goes nine or ten deep especially in key games so who cares if their 9 th and 10th man is better than ours.

I respect your opinion but I beg to differ my friend. Both Duke and UK have outstanding talent. To say we don’t have NBA talent is not sensible. NBA scouts say we could have atleast 3 lottery picks.

Now if you’re questioning who could win our game. To me it’s a toss up. I think both of our teams are great. Either could win. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Mac9192
I respect your opinion but I beg to differ my friend. Both Duke and UK have outstanding talent. To say we don’t have NBA talent is not sensible. NBA scouts say we could have atleast 3 lottery picks.

Now if you’re questioning who could win our game. To me it’s a toss up. I think both of our teams are great. Either could win. We’ll just have to wait and see.
http://www.nbadraft.net/

Yo dog. Updated 4 days ago, not a single CAYUT in the 1st round of the 2019 mock draft. But yep, keep chirpin about how you have 3 lottery picks. You will be lucky to have a single 1st rounder lol.

Oh and by the way, having the projected #1, 2, and 4th pick ain't bad at all. Beat that.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Yo dog. Updated 4 days ago, not a single CAYUT in the 1st round of the 2019 mock draft. But yep, keep chirpin about how you have 3 lottery picks. You will be lucky to have a single 1st rounder lol.

Oh and by the way, having the projected #1, 2, and 4th pick ain't bad at all. Beat that.
Johnson has been a lock for a year now in the lottery. Look him up. Since Hagans reclassified he was considered a lock. Everybody is praising Herro now. And you still got Travis, Washington, Green, Quickly, Montgomery, Richards, Baker, etc...

I’ll tell you what, let’s make a friendly wager. If UK gets three players drafted in the first round, which you say they want. You do a UK avatar for a year.

If they don’t, I’ll give you $100.

You in?

Reactions: Mac9192
Johnson has been a lock for a year now in the lottery. Look him up. Since Hagans reclassified he was considered a lock. Everybody is praising Herro now. And you still got Travis, Washington, Green, Quickly, Montgomery, Richards, Baker, etc...

I’ll tell you what, let’s make a friendly wager. If UK gets three players drafted in the first round, which you say they want. You do a UK avatar for a year.

You in?
Yeah but...currently they aren't even projected first rounders. So sounds like they got a lot of work to do. Good luck. I'll take it. Do you use US dollar currency in Kentucky or still rockin' the barter system?

You in?

Lottery picks, or first round?
Yeah but...currently they aren't even projected first rounders. So sounds like they got a lot of work to do. Good luck. I'll take it. Do you use US dollar currency in Kentucky or still rockin' the barter system?

Betting first rounders or lottery picks? Because his first post said 3 lottery picks.....then it turned into first rounders!....read the fine print buddy!!

And no, I don't want in. I wouldn't risk a uk avitar on whether or not it ever rains again....

LMFAO.

Betting first rounders or lottery picks? Because his first post said 3 lottery picks.....then it turned into first rounders!....read the fine print buddy!!

And no, I don't want in. I wouldn't risk a uk avitar on whether or not it ever rains again....
He said there wouldn’t be three first rounders. And took the bet.

I think everyone that’s been around here for ten years knows I’m good.

I’ll get ahold of the mods to confirm and make sure I’ll hold up my $100 bet.

But if there’s 3 first round draft picks at UK, he either has to change his avatar or be banned.

I’m good on the $100. Let’s get this party started.

No, he didn’t say lottery picks. He said first rounders.

I’m the one that said, from what everyone’s saying now, that we’ll have 3 lottery picks.

He already agreed. I’m good with $100. And I want crawfish. Let’s see if he keeps up his end.

We’ll go through any moderator to get info and I’ll send you a cashiers check to cash at your local Wal Mart.

From this day forward until the next NBA draft, jwill133 and jchammock has a bet. Jwill133 says there want be 3 UK players taken in the first round. Jchammock says there will.

Jwill133 says he will use a UK avatar for a year if 3 UK players are drafted in the first round. Jchammock says if 3 UK players aren’t drafted in the first round he’ll give jwill133 $100.

I wish a moderator would step up and say if any party does not go by these rules they’ll be banned from posting here for a year.

And to jwill133, I’ll raise the money to $125 if I get to pick your avatar that you’ll rock for a year.

@jchammock, you've been a solid poster, imo. I think you've been respectful on this board.
And you seem to be putting your money where your mouth is. I think there's someone up in the Cleveland area sweatin' just a wee bit.

From this day forward until the next NBA draft, jwill133 and jchammock has a bet. Jwill133 says there want be 3 UK players taken in the first round. Jchammock says there will.

Jwill133 says he will use a UK avatar for a year if 3 UK players are drafted in the first round. Jchammock says if 3 UK players aren’t drafted in the first round he’ll give jwill133 $100.

I wish a moderator would step up and say if any party does not go by these rules they’ll be banned from posting here for a year.

And to jwill133, I’ll raise the money to $125 if I get to pick your avatar that you’ll rock for a year.
I'd say this will be the easiest money I'll ever make in my life, but that would be a lie.
The easiest money I've ever made happened in the 2015 Final Four when some crying UK fans (anyone have any idea why they were crying??) handed over their lowest level tickets after the Wisconsin game for free, that turnaround profit was much easier and definitely exceeded $125.

@jchammock, you've been a solid poster, imo. I think you've been respectful on this board.
And you seem to be putting your money where your mouth is. I think there's someone up in the Cleveland area sweatin' just a wee bit.
I appreciate the kind words my friend. I try. But C’mon, you know as well as I do they’ll be 3 UK players drafted in the first round.

Duke and UK are loaded this year. I think it comes down to one of us come March. And I’m not worried about our first true game. Y’all could win, we could win. But both of our teams will be different and much improved come tournament time.

But Duke and Uk have a lot of first rounders. And I’m willing to bet on 3 going in the first round.

You noticed I bet money and not a year long avatar. I respect Duke but I’m not rocking a Duke avatar for a year.

But I’ll be more than happy to lose $100 to see a Duke fan sporting a UK avatar for a year. Lmao

I'd say this will be the easiest money I'll ever make in my life, but that would be a lie.
The easiest money I've ever made happened in the 2015 Final Four when some crying UK fans (anyone have any idea why they were crying??) handed over their lowest level tickets after the Wisconsin game for free, that turnaround profit was much easier and definitely exceeded $125.
Awesome dude, bets on. Let’s get Kville and the other mods to chime in.

We both agree to be banned for a year if we don’t live up to our agreement.

Our agreement is if 3 players arent selected in the first round from UK, I owe you $100. If 3 UK players are selected in the first round, you use a UK avatar for a year. Not some UK sucks BS. But a true UK avatar. Just UK will be fine.

Like I said, I’ll up it to $125 if you rock a Calipari avatar.

So, we’re good? You’re not going to crawfish on me?

Our agreement is if 3 players arent selected in the first round from UK, I owe you $100. If 3 UK players are selected in the first round, you use a UK avatar for a year. Not some UK sucks BS. But a true UK avatar. Just UK will be fine.

Not my bet but i don’t think anyone should be banned here. Sounds like it’s $100 or a UK avatar for a year.

------------------------------------------------------------
LOL....come on man,
you can be bias but you make it sound like Kentucky has no one. Kentucky has the #2 class.

1) PJ came back because he will be a lottery pick instead of a late 1st rounder. Reid Travis will be a 1st rounder after getting coached by Cal and playing better competition. He was 2 time All Pac 12.

2) Ashton Hagans was the #1 guard in 2019, he reclassed to 2018 and is now the #1 pg in this class and still ranked higher than Tre Jones.

3) EJ Montgomery is Kevin Knox. Same size same type player. Just as good.

4) Have you not seen Keldon Johnson play? He's a star. RJ Barrett had 26 in the McDonalds game, no one could stop him. And then they put KJ in to guard him the last 3 minutes and KJ shut him down. Drawing a charge and blocking him twice.

5) Yes our bench is deeper. Agree there.

Last year, Shai Gilgeous Alexander was ranked 34th in the class. 34th......He got drafted in the lottery, higher than:
Grayson Allen (21st)
Gary Trent Jr (18th in class drafted 37th)
Trevan Duval (5th in class, went undrafted).

Point is, your not giving any credit at all. ANd as UK and Duke have both seen, you cant win with just 3 players. Its hard to win with 5 or 6. Best 2 teams for sure, gonna be a fun game.

Tyler Herro (will be = to Grayson and Luke and Rex Chapman and Jeff Sheppard) Dude was ranked 30th, its crazy. He will be that "guy" from this class that everyone says how did we miss that.

LOL....come on man,
you can be bias but you make it sound like Kentucky has no one. Kentucky has the #2 class.

1) PJ came back because he will be a lottery pick instead of a late 1st rounder. Reid Travis will be a 1st rounder after getting coached by Cal and playing better competition. He was 2 time All Pac 12.

2) Ashton Hagans was the #1 guard in 2019, he reclassed to 2018 and is now the #1 pg in this class and still ranked higher than Tre Jones.

4) Have you not seen Keldon Johnson play? He's a star. RJ Barrett had 26 in the McDonalds game, no one could stop him. And then they put KJ in to guard him the last 3 minutes and KJ shut him down. Drawing a charge and blocking him twice.

Last year, Shai Gilgeous Alexander was ranked 34th in the class. 34th......He got drafted in the lottery, higher than:
Grayson Allen (21st)

Point is, your not giving any credit at all. ANd as UK and Duke have both seen, you cant win with just 3 players. Its hard to win with 5 or 6. Best 2 teams for sure, gonna be a fun game.

Tyler Herro (will be = to Grayson and Luke and Rex Chapman and Jeff Sheppard) Dude was ranked 30th, its crazy. He will be that "guy" from this class that everyone says how did we miss that.
Thanks for showing that video, I’ve never seen it.

And for any UK fan, which every fan base is guilty of, to say they didn’t want Zion is idiotic. Just like any Duke fan that says they didn’t want UK players.

I just think it’s cool players giving props to their counterparts. Pretty awesome Zion would say that. But then again, I’d liked to have seen him at UK.

Mad respect and good luck to the big guy.

Reactions: Tyblue22

Sure bro, we’re good. Easy bet, UK didn’t even have 3 first rounders this past draft, and this year’s team has no stars, just a lot of depth.

LOL....come on man,

Grayson Allen (21st)

How drunk are you?

Sure bro, we’re good. Easy bet, UK didn’t even have 3 first rounders this past draft, and this year’s team has no stars, just a lot of depth.
So, do you want to go for $100 or the $125 where I can pick your avatar?

Thanks for showing that video, I’ve never seen it.

And for any UK fan, which every fan base is guilty of, to say they didn’t want Zion is idiotic. Just like any Duke fan that says they didn’t want UK players.

I just think it’s cool players giving props to their counterparts. Pretty awesome Zion would say that. But then again, I’d liked to have seen him at UK.

Mad respect and good luck to the big guy.

I definitely wanted him. No doubt.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT