ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone else heard anything about nasar little and his playing time.

I just don’t think Little will be back. He’s different than some of these kids they’ve had in the past. He’s going to be a top 10 pick whether he plays another minute or not. He’s be stupid to return.
I don’t know man, if it continues down this path, and i can’t believe I’m saying this but he might have to return to unc. Best case scenario as we’ve talked about is that it continues to go this way and Little still leaves and gets drafted mid to late first round. Coby leaves and it just leaves Anthony with their current roster.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I don’t know man, if it continues down this path, and i can’t believe I’m saying this but he might have to return to unc. Best case scenario as we’ve talked about is that it continues to go this way and Little still leaves and gets drafted mid to late first round. Coby leaves and it just leaves Anthony with their current roster.
Honestly, UNC can’t afford him coming back. It will look BAD, really bad. If he comes back Coach Williams and the program suffer blowback.

Honestly, UNC can’t afford him coming back. It will look BAD, really bad. If he comes back Coach Williams and the program suffer blowback.
I just hope it's not '09 & '17 "blowback." :oops:

If Little doesn’t play a lot better, and he still leaves, then that scenario isn’t much better than if he stays.
White seems to be as much of a talking piece as Little. He’s projected 1st round and starting.
Ol Roy’s in a bind unless Little starts playing well.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think Little is gone, gone, gone. He’ll still be a high draft pick and gets paid a lot of money.

It would not make much sense for him to stay unless he gets feedback that he is not a first rounder. IMHO

No matter what happens with the rest of the year with little he has to declare. Even if he is a late 1st rounder he has to come out. He didn't come to unc to sit. He was one of the prettiest season front runners for ACC ROY simply for the reason Duke's freshman would divide their votes. It even seems to me that he was named to a pretty season 3rd team All American. It's bull crap about he having to wait his turn. You can't tell me he should behind williams or brooks. Something else is the reason he's not playng. I know hof coach roy williams is loyal to upper class man but he over kills it. I'm surprised white is still starting. Just a question here. What if little announced that he is not coming back to chapel hill after the break and will declare the draft asap. Can he do that and would it hurt his draft position. If his playing time does not increase will it even matter? Is hof coach roy williams right. Is little not ready to play regularly? Am I asking too many questons for this board or is this something only guru gary - 7 has the ability to answer? OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
No matter what happens with the rest of the year with little he has to declare. Even if he is a late 1st rounder he has to come out. He didn't come to unc to sit. He was one of the prettiest season front runners for ACC ROY simply for the reason Duke's freshman would divide their votes. It even seems to me that he was named to a pretty season 3rd team All American. It's bull crap about he having to wait his turn. You can't tell me he should behind williams or brooks. Something else is the reason he's not playng. I know hof coach roy williams is loyal to upper class man but he over kills it. I'm surprised white is still starting. OFC
Agree Sky. White wouldn’t probably be starting if Seven Woods were a little better, or a senior.

Agree Sky. White wouldn’t probably be starting if Seven Woods were a little better, or a senior.

Or hadn't gotten hurt. That's why White started from the beginning. Little's confidence is shot right now.

I just can't see a scenario where he would return, unless Roy was able to somehow talk him out of attending pre-draft workouts/camps....which is possible, I guess. His measureables and athletic ability will still make GMs and personnel guys drool. He tested out incredibly high on the all-star circuit and can still do all those things. Him coming back wouldn't make a lot of sense, IMO.

Reactions: skysdad
Or hadn't gotten hurt. That's why White started from the beginning. Little's confidence is shot right now.

I just can't see a scenario where he would return, unless Roy was able to somehow talk him out of attending pre-draft workouts/camps....which is possible, I guess. His measureables and athletic ability will still make GMs and personnel guys drool. He tested out incredibly high on the all-star circuit and can still do all those things. Him coming back wouldn't make a lot of sense, IMO.

But can anyone tell me if he can say screw it I ain't going back to chapel hill and not hurt his draft status. OFC

I don’t disagree with any of that. Having said that i can’t believe he didn’t start a single game, his numbers continue to go south and so do his minutes. I’m happy to see it and logic would suggest that he still leaves As he should but I’ve been dumbfounded to this point so i am not nearly as confident in that happening than i was just a week or two ago. But of course if he stays it’s just bc he loves unc and the experience.

I am betting he is pretty frustrated. And maybe that frustration is not going well with Roy.

Roy needs to adapt a bit and know that these super talented freshmen are not going to do everything perfect but their overall talent will make up for it if you let them be themselves.

Here's the thing: How do we KNOW Little is good? What textev have we seen with our own two eyes? The McD's game? Sure. He looked good there. He was a lot more average looking in the other All star games. Still good, but not as good/elite as in the McD's game.
Serious question, what has anyone else here SEEN, IN PERSON, that supports the conclusion that he's a "good, bordering on GREAT," player? I've inhaled online recruiting reports, sure. Many on here have. I based all my fawning (and somewhat fearful) predictions on his play this year mostly based on reports I read on line.
What if the reports were wrong? There is no D played at any AAu event, and many HS teams are simply unable to contend with a guy who has Little's measurables. Remember, Matt Jones was a deadeye shooter in HS, and Lance Thomas was a scoring machine. They were never stars at Duke. Solid players, sure, but not stars. Further remember that Bolden had a great week of practice at the McD's game and got a big bump in the ratings. It hasn't translated into him being a star in college.
We are all throwing rocks at Roy because he's "holding Little back." Little looked awful when he was in yesterday. He's looked bad in most of the (admittedly limited) instances I've seen him play this year.
We were told that Little was an elite player. He sure looks like one in warmups. He had a very good week at the McD's game in practices (again, reportedly), and looked very good in the game itself. He looked good, but by no means great, in other HS all star events. Outside of that, I've just been told he was great, without ever having personally seen ample evidence of same. In competitive games this year, he's been mediocre. Not garbage, but serviceable.
Everyone said he was great. But maybe they were wrong. Maybe the emperor has no clothes.

hof coach roy williams addressed the lack of playing time for little during the post game presser. I don't have the link but to sum it up in layman's terms little just isn't getting up. Sounded like he's fed up with reporters asking him about little. LOL.OFC

I think Little is gone, gone, gone. He’ll still be a high draft pick and gets paid a lot of money.

It would not make much sense for him to stay unless he gets feedback that he is not a first rounder. IMHO

Roy will tell Little hes "talked to his people in the NBA" and they said Nasir needs at least another year in college.

#OlRoyPloy

OFC

Reactions: Dukeman
It's crazy to me that Roy will routinely roll 10-11 deep but still manages to stiff one of his most talented players.

I guess he's a salesman. I think he's a very good coach but just think of driving into an auto dealership and there he is breaking out in front of all the other sales people and opening the door for you. He has a 8 pound ID bracelet on , no tie but a really nice open collar shirt on with a gold chain necklace on and a half a bottle of Brute cologne on.
I'm Roy. What's your name . It's Phil. Look at that Corvette convertable over there. That's you my man. Tell you what I'm gonna do for you Paul. It's Phil. That's right says Roy. I'm gonna let you have that beauty for the same price I would sell it to my mom. Now Pat how do you want to finance this vehiclevehicle Pat? It's Phil Yeah your are right. Let me get the paper work started. Come on over to my office Pete. The whole time he hasn't stopped grinning. Finally you get the chance to speak and you tell him that the reason you came in is because the used car you bought from him the day before blew up and you say to him Ray I want to talk to the owner of this dealership. Yeah he's the basketball coach at one of the most successful college basketball programs in the country. And one more thing. #Royknew he sold a clunker just like he knew about the cheating. Sorry dat I used your post to make this marathon reply but it just fell in. LOL OFC

Last edited:
I guess he's a salesman. I think he's a very good coach but just think of driving into an auto dealership and there he is breaking out in front of all the other sales people and opening the door for you. He has a 8 pound ID bracelet on , no tie but a really nice open collar shirt on with a gold chain necklace on and a half a bottle of Brute cologne on.
I'm Roy. What's your name . It's Phil. Look at that Corvette convertable over there. That's you my man. Tell you what I'm gonna do for you Paul. It's Phil. That's right says Roy. I'm gonna let you have that beauty for the same price I would sell it to my mom. Now Pat how do you want to finance this vehiclevehicle Pat? It's Phil Yeah your are right. Let me get the paper work started. Come on over to my office Pete. The whole time he hasn't stopped grinning. Finally you get the chance to speak and you tell him that the reason you came in is because the used car you bought from him the day before blew up and you say to him Ray I want to talk to the owner of this dealership. Yeah he's the basketball coach at one of the most successful college basketball programs in the country. And one more thing. #Royknew he sold me a clunker just like he knew about the cheating. Sorry dat I used your post to make this marathon reply but it just fell in. LOL OFC

You're speaking the truth Preston!!

I mean Pedro!!

It's crazy to me that Roy will routinely roll 10-11 deep but still manages to stiff one of his most talented players.

He finds minutes for guys like platek and Robinson ast the expense of a guy as talented as little. Also in past years it was Hubert stealing minutes from macadoo

I made this exact point in one of the podcasts. If Little is struggling this much why wouldn’t he want to do whatever he could to help him gain experience now? We are often reminded Roy tinkers with his lineups early in the year at the expense of winning for that very reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT