ADVERTISEMENT

Hank Gathers - Looking Back 25 Years Later

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
I know some on this board are too young to remember Hank Gathers and that amazing Loyola Marymount team. If you're one of those people....read this story. It's good.

The reality for me is that I'm getting old. I just remember as a teen how they played (fast) and how two great players like Gathers and Kimble wound up there.

Lastly, I remember the news breaking about Gathers collapsing on the court like it was yesterday. The run that ensued from LM was a thing of beauty. They had the entire country cheering them on.

Enjoy!

Hank Gathers

You know I'm old enough. Even then I was older than a lot of posters now. Hank was an amazing player and they were fun to watch. Good guy hank was and it would have been interesting to see how his career would have been. Thanks for the thread. OFC

I watched the documentary Guru of Go to get an idea of what that Loyola team was about. They looked really fun to watch, and I'm curious how they would have fared against UNLV with Hank Gathers. Such a sad story.

LM guards were like race horses, SG(Jeff .....) could let if fly from anywhere on the run.

Bo Kimble and Hank Gathers went to the same high school. If anyone has the SEC Network they aired the LSU-LMU game which went well into the 100's. Shaq was a freshman on the LSU team as well as Chris Jackson who was a great player

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT