ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at Duke - Keys to the Game

You're convinced that was a psyche job? Maybe Roy was being genuine, ever thought of that?

Yeah I have and honestly I dont think its possible for the man to be genuine

1/"I would leave my grandkids in hands of any player I ever coached."(McCants, Graves,
Hairston, etc-Genuine??? NOT!l)
2/"I knew nothing about fake classes"
Genuine??? Not!!

Roy will have his kids trash talking Allen all nite....You can tell by his demeanor this year he's absolutely possessed by some of his sideline antics.I think he'll do almost anything to win after last year's disappointment.

OFC

Why we won't play Tatum at the 3 is beyond me, I say start Jackson, Allen, Tatum, Amile, and Bolden and take advantage of rebounding. Bring Giles and Kennard off the bench to give Duke that spark and relentless pressure! If Justin Jackson is guarded by our 6'5 guys, we lose and K made a bad choice IMO. Hopefully, I am wrong, but we haven't had the luxury of playing a big lineup this year, when it's a clear advantage IMO.

I would love to see this happen but we all know K will not do this.

Right back at Ya! Man I hope Berry doesn't score a point in this game:mad: unfortunately that won't be the case though.

It's hatred for Duke. That's the top notch education right there.

I believe the real key to the game will be whether or not the cheaters can find any potable water to bring with them.

Sorry I kinda over looked the other post lol. Should have known. My apologies

GTHC
No worries, happened to me earlier when someone stated who would guard Luke May and I basically responded same way. I was like Hee Haw Hee Haw! Haha

Yeah I have and honestly I dont think its possible for the man to be genuine

1/"I would leave my grandkids in hands of any player I ever coached."(McCants, Graves,
Hairston, etc-Genuine??? NOT!l)
2/"I knew nothing about fake classes"
Genuine??? Not!!

Roy will have his kids trash talking Allen all nite....You can tell by his demeanor this year he's absolutely possessed by some of his sideline antics.I think he'll do almost anything to win after last year's disappointment.

OFC

Look, we all think our own coach is the greatest while the other is a snake in the grass. No point in trying to debate this. But you're just hypothesizing with the trash talk and antics and all that. A little too close to THR.

I mean, we feel the same about K, so go figure.

carolinablue34 you don't seriously think that Roy is the greatest do you? He's a good coach but there are at least 3 better in the ACC than dadgum Roy.

Look, we all think our own coach is the greatest while the other is a snake in the grass. No point in trying to debate this. But you're just hypothesizing with the trash talk and antics and all that. A little too close to THR.

You asked the question if I thought Roy "was being genuine?" I give an honest answer and you call it "trash talk." I am sorry to hurt your feelings. I dont think Ol Roy has a genuine bone in his body....

OFC

A 1-3 record against said team and also watching them win a national championship will do that. I hope he really hates after tomorrow night.
leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

You asked the question if I thought Roy "was being genuine?" I give an honest answer and you call it "trash talk." I am sorry to hurt your feelings. I dont think Ol Roy has a genuine bone in his body....

OFC

You didn't hurt my feelings lol. And you also misunderstood my statement. I know you weren't "trash talking", I said you saying Roy telling his players to deliberately trash talk Allen is just hypothesizing and has no basis in fact.

I'm interested to see how we handle the minutes when Amile needs a break. Last few games have had Harry in the game as the lone big when Amile needs a breather, but I don't think that's possible against the front court of UNC.

You didn't hurt my feelings lol. And you also misunderstood my statement. I know you weren't "trash talking", I said you saying Roy telling his players to deliberately trash talk Allen is just hypothesizing and has no basis in fact.

For that matter, NOTHING that comes out of Roy's mouth has any "basis in fact." His legacy is tarnished forever by lies and deceit. For every recruit he PROMISED a "world class education" at UNC he did a grave disservice if they ended up clustered in AFAM....

OFC

I believe if Duke contains Berry and keeps rebounding difference fairly close, we win. The Holes get so much from rebounds. In their loss to Miami, they were outrebounded by 5 plus Berry stuck up the joint.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I believe if Duke contains Berry and keeps rebounding difference fairly close, we win. The Holes get so much from rebounds. In their loss to Miami, they were outrebounded by 5 plus Berry stuck up the joint.

Mac you are on it....

For that matter, NOTHING that comes out of Roy's mouth has any "basis in fact." His legacy is tarnished forever by lies and deceit. For every recruit he PROMISED a "world class education" at UNC he did a grave disservice if they ended up clustered in AFAM....

OFC

I am well aware of your thoughts on this matter. You've made all that painstakingly clear.

However, there is also a game to be played tonight. Who do you think wins?

But will you? That is the question. We will find out tonight.

I have a hard time believing Berry doesn't show up tonight. He's usually very consistent in big games.

One of my main concerns is obviously our freshman. The bright lights can get to you....especially in your first Duke/Carolina game. Two years ago we didn't have to worry about that as much because our freshmen were light years ahead of most freshmen....mentally, that is.

I still believe if we play within ourselves, make shots from the outside and stay competitive on the glass there's a good chance we get out with a win. Something just tells me Luke and Grayson are going to have really good games. Hope I'm right.

Call me crazy and I probably am. I see bolden playing a huge role tonight sort of like the Miami game...

Something just tells me Luke and Grayson are going to have really good games. Hope I'm right.

I have that gut feeling as well, but rather I hope you're wrong haha.

I think Berry and Jackson have big games. But someone unexpected will make a play and tip the scales to which ever side makes that play.

I have that gut feeling as well, but rather I hope you're wrong haha.

I think Berry and Jackson have big games. But someone unexpected will make a play and tip the scales to which ever side makes that play.

The key for us will be trying to get Tatum going, but him doing it within the offensive flow. He's a nightmare matchup for you guys, IMO. A lot of our fans want to see us go bigger, and while I understand that philosophy, it also weakens us on the perimeter....and I've been preaching that if we win it's going that's where it must come from.

I would think UNC wouldn't have any qualms if we slid Tatum to the wing...because now you make him more guardable (with Jackson likely flanking him) and we go less offensive overall. Trust me, I know UNC's size will be formidable, but I don't simply think the answer is to attack with our weakness and leave ourselves more open to exposure. Having three of Luke, Matt, Frank and Grayson on the floor at most times plays to our strengths.

My mind tells me that Berry and Jackson, along with Luke and Grayson, play well. Then it comes down to who is the third guy for each team, and like you said, who makes the unexpected or little game-winning plays in crunch time that get taken for granted.

Should be fun!

I am well aware of your thoughts on this matter. You've made all that painstakingly clear.

However, there is also a game to be played tonight. Who do you think wins?

I'll tell who I think wins. It will be the fan base that gets the most cash to the refs on time. You won't be able to tell during the game because they are not going yo make it obvious but at the end of the game watch and see how fast the refs leave the court. I can tell you this. I'm not making the drop this year but it more than triples what we had to pay last year. These officials are getting greedy and have no integrity or sense of honesty. They hire themselves out to the highest bidder and I'm tired of them draining our good intentions. I wish we and the unc money folks would get together and say it stops and the game is decided by the team that plays best but I've heard through the grapevine that our rivals aren't on board because there is no way Duke nation can outbid them. ;) OFC

I think we have to play to our strengths which means Tatum plays the 4.
We shoot the 3 ball good, we win. I'll take 3 vs 2 points any day. I just hope we make shots early and keep the crowd cranked up.

I wonder when the crazies start yelling Luuuuukkkkeee if big luke maye will give them a shout out. I hope hof coach williams has explained that they mean Luke Kennard so he will not be embarrassed. OFC

Reactions: Dukesince90
I'll tell who I think wins. It will be the fan base that gets the most cash to the refs on time. You won't be able to tell during the game because they are not going yo make it obvious but at the end of the game watch and see how fast the refs leave the court. I can tell you this. I'm not making the drop this year but it more than triples what we had to pay last year. These officials are getting greedy and have no integrity or sense of honesty. They hire themselves out to the highest bidder and I'm tired of them draining our good intentions. I wish we and the unc money folks would get together and say it stops and the game is decided by the team that plays best but I've heard through the grapevine that our rivals aren't on board because there is no way Duke nation can outbid them. ;) OFC

Lol Duke is wealthier than UNC, really skysdad I'm disappointed. You can't outbid us for control of the refs?

The key for us will be trying to get Tatum going, but him doing it within the offensive flow. He's a nightmare matchup for you guys, IMO. A lot of our fans want to see us go bigger, and while I understand that philosophy, it also weakens us on the perimeter....and I've been preaching that if we win it's going that's where it must come from.

I would think UNC wouldn't have any qualms if we slid Tatum to the wing...because now you make him more guardable (with Jackson likely flanking him) and we go less offensive overall. Trust me, I know UNC's size will be formidable, but I don't simply think the answer is to attack with our weakness and leave ourselves more open to exposure. Having three of Luke, Matt, Frank and Grayson on the floor at most times plays to our strengths.

My mind tells me that Berry and Jackson, along with Luke and Grayson, play well. Then it comes down to who is the third guy for each team, and like you said, who makes the unexpected or little game-winning plays in crunch time that get taken for granted.

Should be fun!

Indeed it should be fun. Always is.

Everyone's analyzing this to death, but no way to know until it happens.

Lol Duke is wealthier than UNC, really skysdad I'm disappointed. You can't outbid us for control of the refs?

My goodness you really think Duke has more money than unc. My taxes go to support unc and it's programs. I'm disappointed. Look at the alumni base. Of course as you well know none of us Duke fans are alumni. We're all just band wagon fans because of Coach K. and when he leaves this board will not exist. Now unc fans are indeed different. They all are alumni and total about gazillion and just think how much money comes out of that. I shouldn't even have responded but since I went to the trouble it's posted. OFC

I've observed that each fanbase believes the other team is ESPN's darling. How interesting.

And what's more, I'm surprised you think we will win.

Well the N&O today gives you the edge at 4 of 5 positions and says you have more productive bench. Dont believe everything I read, but conceding it could be true, I was going with logic...Everyone knows you will want to come over and discuss it tomorrow if you win, so will be prepared...Heels fans quite predictable...

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192 and skysdad
2 more hours until all the talk is over and the ball is tipped.... as some people have already said... throw out all records and rankings... it's about who wants it more... who will dive for lose balls, who will make the plays to go to the winners circle!

Let's go Duke!!!! Oh and here's a lil video courtesy of Dukeblueplanet

My goodness you really think Duke has more money than unc. My taxes go to support unc and it's programs. I'm disappointed. Look at the alumni base. Of course as you well know none of us Duke fans are alumni. We're all just band wagon fans because of Coach K. and when he leaves this board will not exist. Now unc fans are indeed different. They all are alumni and total about gazillion and just think how much money comes out of that. I shouldn't even have responded but since I went to the trouble it's posted. OFC

Sky you know I was just joking around right?

Well the N&O today gives you the edge at 4 of 5 positions and says you have more productive bench. Dont believe everything I read, but conceding it could be true, I was going with logic...Everyone knows you will want to come over and discuss it tomorrow if you win, so will be prepared...Heels fans quite predictable...

OFC

I'll discuss it with you either way. I don't crawl into a hole just because my team might not win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT