ADVERTISEMENT

Great Derryck Thornton Article

Good find DJ. I for one sure am glad he's our point guard. I don't know where we would be withut him and he's a big key if we are to make a good run at #6. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101 and dbav
I like the comments about being fearless and ready for the big stage. If there is anything consistent about all of Duke's Championship teams, it is that they had guys that were so good in the clutch and in pressure spots. I am hopeful that Thornton can be that.

I also think it was a pretty incredible thing that Thornton sort of found his role with the team against Kensucky, when many other players struggled. That tells me something. He can raise his level and wants to take on the big boys.

I think Kentucky was a big game for a lot of reasons. It was a slap in the face for some, telling them that they can't get too comfortable with the performances they have had so far this season, and for a guy like Thornton, it was a statement that he belongs here. I'm very excited to keep watching this team grow.

Last edited:
I think this has more or less been stated, but I think it is clear that any struggles Thornton has will never be because of ability or lack thereof. They will always be mental, largely tied to confidence. The last game was a great indicator of that. The light has flickered on quite a bit, and pretty soon it is going to click on and stay lit.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
That Giles thread cracks me up. I love how they call out all the duke fans and ask where are we and why don't we comment on this? Well, your fearless leaders have banned us all so we can't comment.

The article over at THR pretty sums up the Tar Heel mind set as to thy have no clue at all to what is going on. I am ever more grateful everyday that I'm not a Tar Heel fan. I'd rather be a UK fan by far. Just so thankful that many years ago I became a Duke fan. OFC

That Giles thread cracks me up. I love how they call out all the duke fans and ask where are we and why don't we comment on this? Well, your fearless leaders have banned us all so we can't comment.
I replied in that thread 3 times a while back and all three messages were erased. So I decided if that was how it was going to be, I will not participate on their board anymore. I was not banned and was not out of line at all with my responses. I think maybe the truth of my posts were not conforming to the home fans theme. So be it.

I replied in that thread 3 times a while back and all three messages were erased. So I decided if that was how it was going to be, I will not participate on their board anymore. I was not banned and was not out of line at all with my responses. I think maybe the truth of my posts were not conforming to the home fans theme. So be it.
I'm sure you're losing a lot of sleep.

I'm amazed, considering his late start at Duke, at DT's progress. The pieces are beginning to come together.

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Announcers (and even some posters) use the "he should be a senior in high school" thing when they shouldn't. DT spent four years in high school and is the age of every college freshmen in the country. He is older than two of his fellow Duke freshmen.

But what OAD is referencing is a big deal, and discussed in the article. Not having that preseason summer with his teammates definitely made his transition way more difficult I think.

What was in the posts?
If this was asking what I said, it had to do with gary-7 and his constant accusations levied at Duke and Coach K. (some regarding Giles.) I asked for proof of all these baseless accusations. He tried to prove it with a trust me type response. That does't ;t cut it, especially given his track record of not having the most reliable "sources." I kept it clean though. Dsouthr and others chimed in and tried to bait me in to an argument (kind of), but I didn't bite. No worries though. I just wanted to know why coach K and Duke are so crooked and other things they were accused of, especially with nothing to prove any bit of it.

As far as Thornton goes, he is going to have ups and downs this year. One thing you will not see is him resting on his laurels. He is a driven kid and has a ton of potential. Imagine him playing with Tatum, Giles, Jeter, Kennard, ect....Jackson too....? It is going to be awesome and may be that way at some point this year as well. At this point Ingram may be back if he doesn't improve. (not counting on that happening though as I believe it clicks for him soon and he goes in to the draft after this year)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT