ADVERTISEMENT

Garrison Brooks returning for senior season

Well in this case he wasn’t a highly ranked player coming in. But surprised he didn’t go after the season he had

They’re top 5 and if their guards even perform well, they’re top 3.

Those 4 against Williams and maybe Hurt? Yikes.

Ugh. And their secondary break! We should just give up!

Brooks was never leaving so not sure why this is a story. Secondly, this Will be interesting bc it will be a juggling match for Roy. Five players will have to play in the 4/5.

Brooks was never leaving so not sure why this is a story. Secondly, this Will be interesting bc it will be a juggling match for Roy. Five players will have to play in the 4/5.

I agree. He wouldn't have gone second round so why not come back. OFC

It’s not like Brooks really had many options. We all knew he was coming back. Has Bacot officially made his decision? Their front court will be pretty good....but what’s new?

They will be young(er) on the perimeter. Plus, their three best players out there — Anthony, Keeling and Robinson — are all gone.

Lots of talent, lots of question marks. If Moore and Hurt both return, then I don’t see a stark contrast between the two teams. UNC will be good....but I think we all expect that.

It’s not like Brooks really had many options. We all knew he was coming back. Has Bacot officially made his decision? Their front court will be pretty good....but what’s new?

They will be young(er) on the perimeter. Plus, their three best players out there — Anthony, Keeling and Robinson — are all gone.

Lots of talent, lots of question marks. If Moore and Hurt both return, then I don’t see a stark contrast between the two teams. UNC will be good....but I think we all expect that.

Are you saying Brooks wasn’t one of their best three players? Or are you being specific to the perimeter? Overall Brooks was arguably their best player last year, IMO.

Damn Walker Kessler went to UNC to get buried on the bench instead of playing for a coach that plays freshmen and don’t mind if they leave early. Welp!

Kessler could find himself in a "Tony Bradley" like role. Surprised Brooks returned, he was THE BIG in the UNC system last year. He will face more competition up front in line-up this year. OFC

Damn Walker Kessler went to UNC to get buried on the bench instead of playing for a coach that plays freshmen and don’t mind if they leave early. Welp!

Apparently he was more impressed with being compared to Luke Maye than Christian Laettner, regarding part of the sales pitches of the coaches.

I may be wrong about this but I kinda felt like Roy seduced him and his father a bit with his 'Ol Roy folksy charm. They're from Georgia, southern guys, etc. Maybe they felt like they could relate to Roy a little better than K.

Disappointing, I thought he'd have been a really good fit with next year's team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
Apparently he was more impressed with bring compared to Luke Maye than Christian Laettner, regarding part of the sales pitches of the coaches.

I may be wrong about this but I kinda felt like Roy seduced him and his father a bit with his 'Ol Roy folksy charm. They're from Georgia, southern guys, etc. Maybe they felt like they could relate to Roy a little better than K.

Disappointing, I thought he'd have been a really good fit with next year's team.

Agreed. I think the down home "Sheriff Andy Taylor" bs of Huckleberry was the difference.

OFC

Isn't Kessler considered more of an outside big? I'd rather have Hurt back than Kessler.

Kessler and hurt have similar skills. Think Kessler is a little taller. They are big but the game doesn’t always lend itself to big teams and you can really only play two at a time. They will need guards ready to play at a high level. No question they have some pretty good guards on paper but they are all young.

I'm beginning to think we need at least Hurt back to have a decent season. UNC will be loaded up front. Roach looks like he will be good eventually. But nothing about his game screamed "NBA point guard." from the videos I have watched. He could develop into one but I'm afraid we have been spoiled by the Jones brothers.

Reactions: hart2chesson
hof coach roy williams just doesn't throw his players into the NBA. He prepares his family to all be in the top 50 NBA players of all time and if not top 50 of all time in the G-league. Look at the heels in the G-league right now. OFC

Isn't Kessler considered more of an outside big? I'd rather have Hurt back than Kessler.

I can’t think of an “outside BIG” that has played in Roy’s system. He wants his BIGS downlow rebounding and getting stickbacks. That simplifies the system for the younger players. Kessler would fit in better in Duke’s offense, but maybe Kessler wants to play downlow some. Or, he thought Garrison and Bacot were leaving. Welp!

Reactions: hart2chesson
I can’t think of an “outside BIG” that has played in Roy’s system. He wants his BIGS downlow rebounding and getting stickbacks. That simplifies the system for the younger players. Kessler would fit in better in Duke’s offense, but maybe Kessler wants to play downlow some. Or, he thought Garrison and Bacot were leaving. Welp!

Q I think he probably did think Bacot was leaving. OFC

Reactions: Quavarius
Q I think he probably did think Bacot was leaving. OFC

If he is as good as they say he is bacot or brooks may be the 6th man. Of course I know hof coach roy williams is loyal to upper classman . manley and huffman are upper classman to. I wonder how kessler would handle it if he were the fourth big man option. He couldn't transfer and if he don't play how can he prove he's a lottery pick? He may just say stick it and be in Europe come the Christmas break. OFC

Has Bacot said for sure that he's coming back? I know he alluded to that when their season ended, but a lot of players go that route when emotions are high.

Has Bacot said for sure that he's coming back? I know he alluded to that when their season ended, but a lot of players go that route when emotions are high.

Shoot Roy is prob selling Bacot on being a combo guard at this point....

Reactions: skysdad
Shoot Roy is prob selling Bacot on being a combo guard at this point....

That has to be what he has in mind.
PF sharpe 6'10"
SF kessler 7'0"
C brooks 6'10"
SG bacot 6' 9"
PG love 6'3"

All positions except pg are interchangeable. Then you have black that can play all positions. That also gives manley, huffman, harris frances,platek and smith into the twelve man rotation. Everybody will be happy except the 6 walk ons. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Fourteen44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT