ADVERTISEMENT

Gameball: Duke vs. Texas Tech

Who do ya got?

• Jack White - 8 pts./5 rebs./2 ast./2 stls./2 blks

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • RJ Barrett - 16 pts./3 rebs./1 ast./2 stls.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Tre Jones - 13 pts./5 rebs./5 ast./6 stls

Votes: 71 89.9%
  • Zion Williamson - 17 pts./13 rebs.

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
I wouldn't have voted for him, but I completely get where you are coming from. The fact that he kept playing as hard as he did really impressed me. Kid has zero quit. I remember there being a lot of talk about him disappearing a lot during games. I was really happy with how hard he fought considering the slump he's been in. I do fully expect him to come out of it though and have plenty of games where he lights it up
It’s a good point. His knock coming in was his effort and lack of engagement. His offensive struggles but yet he keeps with it on the other end is a testament to him.

While proud of how Cam hung in there and didn’t let missed shots, getting knocked in the face or being pulled from the game for long stretches completely derail his whole game, he wouldn’t deserve the “game” ball but he does deserve a lot of props. And i hope his perseverance leads to game balls in the near future.

Fair enough, but I was coming at it with a different view I guess. Tre was great all game. In particular, he was fantastic on defense. However, even while he was dominating on defense, we weren't able to grab or hold a lead. It wasn't until Cam started scoring that we really pushed ahead and stayed there. That was more my thought than his perseverance. I know it's not a popular opinion in this thread, haha, and I likely would have still voted for Tre, but we don't with that game without Cam. In my opinion, giving a contribution that we absolutely needed could have been game ball worthy.

Zion was on the list and barely played during crunch time. I don't believe RJ scored much in the last 10 minutes. Tre, Jack, and Cam won that game and I thought that it was a closer race due to the fact that all the defense in the world wouldn't score us the points we needed, haha. Cam did.

My only point was I weigh Cam's points in crunch time as determinative for me. That said, in have no qualms with Tre winning the poll. I voted for him, haha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT