ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

How about ol Charlie ! He kept chugging along!! Chugga chuga chuga chuga. Chuga chuga chuga chuga
FKlfabR.jpg

Harris signed for eight years and $72 million. I hope that his agent is good and has a good relationship with Atlanta. If he's as good as it appears, it's a horrible deal for the player. Eight year deals should not be allowed. I'm glad that he gets a ton of money, but he'll probably be worth much more

ETA: when I first wrote this, I thought that it was nine years. The next four years were probably locked in at virtually nothing so really only paying for the final four years.

Last edited:
Mike Soroka pitched very well in his first assignment recovering from 3 Achilles surgeries. Four shutout innings for class A Rome Georgia. He said that he was surprised by how well he pitched, that his stuff last night was good enough to succeed against major leaguers. His fastball was 91-92

Harris signed for eight years and $72 million. I hope that his agent is good and has a good relationship with Atlanta. If he's as good as it appears, it's a horrible deal for the player. Eight year deals should not be allowed. I'm glad that he gets a ton of money, but he'll probably be worth much more

ETA: when I first wrote this, I thought that it was nine years. The next four years were probably locked in at virtually nothing so really only paying for the final four years.
Win win. Keeps from heading to arbitration and gets Money Mike some extra ka-ching. Lock up those youngsters AA.

2 months in the league and 21 I’m not crazy about that deal. I understand the mindset of pay now save later tho. But does he stay motivated at 21 . We shall see .

Reactions: hart2chesson
Doesn't look promising at this juncture tonite. Scherzer in command 4-1 in 6th. Why we started this "prize" pitcher we got for Will Smith is beyond me.

OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Fried vs DeGrom- not much else needs to be said.
2-1, 3-2 game very possible. Braves need win to TAKE SERIES and remain just 3.5 games back.

OFC

Last night was a waste. I was shocked by how bad Odorrizi was. A great job to cut the lead to 6-5 and at least force Diaz to pitch two innings but the Braves didn't show up for the 8th and Diaz is available tonight

Last night was a waste. I was shocked by how bad Odorrizi was. A great job to cut the lead to 6-5 and at least force Diaz to pitch two innings but the Braves didn't show up for the 8th and Diaz is available tonight
Odorizzi was pitiful. I was really disappointed. Of course we couldn't expect much in return for a Will Smith trade. Our bullpen is upgraded, addition by subtraction of Smith.

OFC

I kicked myself for wasting too much time watching baseball recently. It was worth it last night. I couldn't believe that the mets pulled deGrom and I was stunned when Grissom scored from first. He's awfully fast and an even better base runner

I kicked myself for wasting too much time watching baseball recently. It was worth it last night. I couldn't believe that the mets pulled deGrom and I was stunned when Grissom scored from first. He's awfully fast and an even better base runner
Grissom and Harris have been nothing short of amazing as young prospects. We are fortunate to have them. Grissom scoring from 1st was phenomenal!
Gonna have to DFA him. Nobody gonna take him off the Braves hands.
Correct. Ozuna is only in the 2nd year of a 4 year $65 mil deal. He's been largely a strikeout/pop out machine this year hitting .215. A cancer on this team I am afraid we're stuck with for now.

OFC

The Mets won't lose and they play nothing but bad teams in September. Looking forward to playing the Astros on Fox tonight . Unless the mets go on a shocking losing streak, it will be a good idea to give Riley, Swanson and Olson some off days

The Mets won't lose and they play nothing but bad teams in September. Looking forward to playing the Astros on Fox tonight . Unless the mets go on a shocking losing streak, it will be a good idea to give Riley, Swanson and Olson some off days
Probably little chance of catching NY considering their weak schedule in final month. Only hope would be 1-2 games back when they return to Braves Country final week.

For now I say day-to-day, keep the all out fight on 'em. Hope they lose to Philly and we take care of our business. OFC

The Astros pitcher, Javier, has interesting stats. He either pitches six innings with one run or three innings and three runs. No in between. 70 percent really good games and he's pitching well tonight. 1-1 after six

A kunt believe them Ragity ass Mets came back and won . When we meet in the playoffs it’s gonna be fun
That was a bummer!! Phillies were up 4-0 and blew it, knocking us 4 back. Oh well, on to Pittsburgh. OFC

Odorrizi earned a standing ovation tonight. We only hoped that he would eat some innings and maybe beat the bad teams. As I type, he completed six innings giving up one run on four hits and zero walks. Fabulous!

Odorrizi earned a standing ovation tonight. We only hoped that he would eat some innings and maybe beat the bad teams. As I type, he completed six innings giving up one run on four hits and zero walks. Fabulous!
Honestly didn't expect it from Odorrizzi. But I will take it!!!! 2-1 win plus a Mets loss. Mets lead cut back to 3 games Hope to see us get our bats going tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT