ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Braves hold on.... 4-3. You can't bring Will Smith in with runners on base. Gave up two quick hits . Minter was sensational in the 9th. Acuna fell asleep on what should have been the final out
Normally I am pretty much in lockstep with Snit's decisions.However I was surprised Wright started the 8th. Sure enough he issued a walk.

As you mentioned, a runner already on for Will Smith?? That's merely throwing gas on the fire. He PROMPTLY accelerated the trouble, then somehow did pull a "Houdini" to leave us with a one run lead.

Hopefully we can get the broom out today.Mets tomorrow nite, but first things first. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
They've pulled 2 or 3 out like that this week.....oh well, we're fine for now.

OFC
Ronald is starting to put a sour taste in my mouth . Forget the hitting aspect . It has very little to do with that. OR EVERYTHING? But to start with the “little “ he’s trying to do too much at the lead off spot. I see a selfish approach to get out of his little slump trying to hit everything hard. But what gets me is his lazy, as they say in football “business decisions” selfish? approach, letting his hitting affect his fielding? in right field. He also took a bad angle the other night ….idk I’m sour right now with him.

Great relief pitching from Matzek, chavez and McHugh. I would not have walked Olson to create the force with Riley at the plate. Riley is hitting the ball too well.

Glad it worked out. Braves are still only 3-6 in extra innings, most of them at home. I would think that the home team would win 60% of the time in extras, but it's only 50 or 51%.

Marlins got another spectacular start from Sandy Alcantara to win at the mets in extra innings, 2-0

Great relief pitching from Matzek, chavez and McHugh. I would not have walked Olson to create the force with Riley at the plate. Riley is hitting the ball too well.

Glad it worked out. Braves are still only 3-6 in extra innings, most of them at home. I would think that the home team would win 60% of the time in extras, but it's only 50 or 51%.

Marlins got another spectacular start from Sandy Alcantara to win at the mets in extra innings, 2-0
I said the same thing!! Immediately . I said you got to be a dumbass to walk Olson and go heads up with Riley…but I guess that’s why they suck 😂 Works for us!

I said the same thing!! Immediately . I said you got to be a dumbass to walk Olson and go heads up with Riley…but I guess that’s why they suck 😂 Works for us!
Indeed. I was just hoping for Olson to move the runner to third . Then I was certain that Riley would be walked. He spent the weekend on base . Crushed a HR yesterday and tied the game today with a HR.

I was shocked that Riley tried to score from second with two outs in the tenth. Almost worked

The relief pitching you mentioned ged was huge!!! It's really a shame Chavez (my fave Braves pitcher),Matzek and McHugh couldn't all be credited with wins.Matzek/Chavez get "Holds???" IDK. Those guys will be tired, so Minter, O'Day, Smith would be available tomorrow nite.

HUGE win. L would have been bitter PILL and a tired team tomorrow nite. We're riding an adrenaline high now. Snit will keep em grounded and have em ready. Fried vs Scherzer between the top two NL EAST contenders. Wonder what the over/under would be on total runs scored??? 5 at most?????

Walking Olson to get to Riley to force DP???? I guess in theory it works, but to BYPASS Matt for Austin???? No way. Riley was too hot, made 'em pay!!!!

Enjoy this one rest of nite, tomorrow we go to war! Big shout out to the Fish for winning today!!! OFC

AA walks into the room, flips off the Mets and trades for Robinson Cano...while the Mets are paying his salary. Low risk high reward.

CHOP ON!
Love it smash!!!!! Lol!!! OFC
Ronald is starting to put a sour taste in my mouth . Forget the hitting aspect . It has very little to do with that. OR EVERYTHING? But to start with the “little “ he’s trying to do too much at the lead off spot. I see a selfish approach to get out of his little slump trying to hit everything hard. But what gets me is his lazy, as they say in football “business decisions” selfish? approach, letting his hitting affect his fielding? in right field. He also took a bad angle the other night ….idk I’m sour right now with him.
My patience is starting to wear a little thin too. He does seem intent on knocking everything out of the yard. He's not coming out of a slump like that.

Popped out to catcher at critical time today, and WTH was that complicated approach he took on a fly ball he should have had yesterday? He played it on the hop????!!! Oh well, hope Ronald gets his head right soon. I am having some flashbacks of Reggie's RF antics w/the Yankees 40 years ago.

OFC

Love it smash!!!!! Lol!!! OFC

My patience is starting to wear a little thin too. He does seem intent on knocking everything out of the yard. He's not coming out of a slump like that.

Popped out to catcher at critical time today, and WTH was that complicated approach he took on a fly ball he should have had yesterday? He played it on the hop????!!! Oh well, hope Ronald gets his head right soon. I am having some flashbacks of Reggie's RF antics w/the Yankees 40 years ago.

OFC
Acuna obviously thought that the ball that landed at his feet was going to the warning track or beyond. It was a big swing and a loud crack of the bat. He was fooled and if the ball had gone left or right, I would understand missing it. But it landed at his feet. Should have been the 27th out

Did you see DJ Lemahieu botch two catches in the 6th tonight?. He raced out to right field and center field yelling MINE. Dropped both. Aroldis Chapman was staring him down

Reactions: hart2chesson
Acuna obviously thought that the ball that landed at his feet was going to the warning track or beyond. It was a big swing and a loud crack of the bat. He was fooled and if the ball had gone left or right, I would understand missing it. But it landed at his feet. Should have been the 27th out

Did you see DJ Lemahieu botch two catches in the 6th tonight?. He raced out to right field and center field yelling MINE. Dropped both. Aroldis Chapman was staring him down
I sure did see it. If looks could kill, Lemahieu would be buried beneath the Fenway outfield!!! The INFIELDER MUST be sure on that play. Typically you give outfielder chance to make play on ball first, as he has better angle.

OFC

We got to sweep them to get 1st place right. Gonna be tough . If Ronald gets going I think we will. We got to!! I made a bet a month ago we would be in 1st after this series!! Lol 🙏

We got to sweep them to get 1st place right. Gonna be tough . If Ronald gets going I think we will. We got to!! I made a bet a month ago we would be in 1st after this series!! Lol 🙏
Pulling for you and Braves Ipster!!!!!BTW it's ironic Braves just picked ex-Met 2nd baseman Robinson Cano as this HUGE series starts!!

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Pulling for you and Braves Ipster!!!!!BTW it's ironic Braves just picked ex-Met 2nd baseman Robinson Cano as this HUGE series starts!!

OFC
I saw. I don’t know what to think about it. This sorta stuffs not like football ..so idk what to think

So the internet says he’s supposed to start at 2nd base….I can’t tell you how much I don’t like it but hey we will see.

We’re on a helluva run to be picking up a 40 year old and starting him at 2nd base. We got a whole lot of continuity chemistry whatever. you know what I’m tryna to say. Risky

I
We’re on a helluva run to be picking up a 40 year old and starting him at 2nd base. We got a whole lot of continuity chemistry whatever. you know what I’m tryna to say. Risky
I wasn't sure why you chaps were even mentioning the Cano signing. I figured it was just a cheap lottery ticket. Maybe bring him up in August if he's playing well and Arcia sprains a finger. I'm shocked that he's starting tonight

I

I wasn't sure why you chaps were even mentioning the Cano signing. I figured it was just a cheap lottery ticket. Maybe bring him up in August if he's playing well and Arcia sprains a finger. I'm shocked that he's starting tonight
I don’t get it at all. It seems like somebody’s trying to be cute at a crucial time because we hit the lottery last year . But hey we shall see .

I don’t get it at all. It seems like somebody’s trying to be cute at a crucial time because we hit the lottery last year . But hey we shall see .
It's like a guy on a hot streak at the blackjack table doubling down on an 8 against a 4 because he has a feeling

Reactions: IFaZe
A privilege to watch Fried and Scherzer tonight
Unfortunately Fried obviously didn't have his best stuff, and got "MAXED" out by Scherzer. (Had to say it, a little levity doesn't hurt to swallow with a loss). The veteran was nearly flawless, and one can only tip the hat and say Mets were better team last nite.

I

I wasn't sure why you chaps were even mentioning the Cano signing.
Needed another left hand bat in the line-up vs rightys. Cano will platoon with Arcea at 2b.

Also like Brian Jordan said on the telecast,it was pretty clever bringing Cano in for the Mets, his former club. He obviously wants to do well, and responded nicely with two hits.

OFC

Great win last night. As far as Cano signing...as was said, needed a left handed bat. He was playing really well at AAA for Padres. The Braves are basically paying 1 dollar for him. Arcia has slowed some with his bat so you platoon those 2 and hope ones has a hot bat till Ozzie is back. I see this much like the Sadoval move last year. A vet that you can plug in and then AA flipped for Rosario.

Anothe moves the Braves have made. Drew Waters is no longer a Brave as he was moved to the Royals in a package deal for the 35th pick in draft. Unusual to see picks moved in MLB but this increases the money the Braves have to sign rookies. Harris has pretty much blocked Waters to the big club and his progression has slowed and he's become pretty injury proned. Maybe new scenery will do him some good. I also could see the Braves moving Vaughn Grissom to the OF. He's playing well at AA.

CHOP ON BRAVOS!

Last edited:
Bummer to lose the series 2 games to 1 today, but not all bad. We only lost a game in the standings to Mets (now 2.5 games back), and still have half season left. Plus still play the Mets a dozen more games.

Onto Washington now and a 4 game set.All-Star break next week. Need to hit better, as only scored EIGHT RUNS TOTAL in the three Mets games. OFC

The braves
Bummer to lose the series 2 games to 1 today, but not all bad. We only lost a game in the standings to Mets (now 2.5 games back), and still have half season left. Plus still play the Mets a dozen more games.

Onto Washington now and a 4 game set.All-Star break next week. Need to hit better, as only scored EIGHT RUNS TOTAL in the three Mets games. OFC
odk if it was fatigue or our guys have fell in love with the long ball. There was a whole lot of chasing which I haven’t seen in a month. Or are the Mets pitchers that good . Idk .probably a combination of all 3. Our guys didn’t play playoff baseball and the Mets did. They wanted it more .

The braves

odk if it was fatigue or our guys have fell in love with the long ball. There was a whole lot of chasing which I haven’t seen in a month. Or are the Mets pitchers that good . Idk .probably a combination of all 3. Our guys didn’t play playoff baseball and the Mets did. They wanted it more .
My friend you nailed it! I have to admit Mets (gosh I hate 'em!),DID "play playoff baseball." Our Braves did not! Judging from Mets reactions to outcome yesterday, they did "want it more." OH well, next game!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT