ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

It's getting late awfully early. Another horrible loss. Led the entire game, gave up the tying run when Milwaukee was down to the final strike. Braves went back on top in the 10th and 11th, but lost on a two-run walkoff
And I heard today, not exactly breaking news I just don’t watch the sports channels much news wise, that de Grom coming back soon for Mets

And I heard today, not exactly breaking news I just don’t watch the sports channels much news wise, that de Grom coming back soon for Mets
That's fine. deGrom seems okay. Glad that he is recovering. It appears that the mets will win the division and the Braves need to battle for the Wildcard

Reactions: hart2chesson
It's getting late awfully early. Another horrible loss. Led the entire game, gave up the tying run when Milwaukee was down to the final strike. Braves went back on top in the 10th and 11th, but lost on a two-run walkoff
Bitter defeat ged. Frustrating. A GOOD TEAM doesn't lose a game like the Braves did today.

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
This is what happens when you let the heart of the franchise walk.
Were they asking for too much based on his age and statistics? Probably. But he’s Mr Intangible and could have brought the Braves another ring in the next few yrs I see infighting, lack of hustle, and lack of focus so far this year Hopefully they prove me wrong but the pitching will keep them competitive but this team ain’t winnng a playoff series

This is what happens when you let the heart of the franchise walk.
Were they asking for too much based on his age and statistics? Probably. But he’s Mr Intangible and could have brought the Braves another ring in the next few yrs I see infighting, lack of hustle, and lack of focus so far this year Hopefully they prove me wrong but the pitching will keep them competitive but this team ain’t winnng a playoff series
Plenty of talent, but as both of you guys inferred NO LEADER!! He left for the LEFT COAST, and will likely get another ring this year w/LA...

OFC

Braves grabbed an early lead and hung on 5-3 @ Marlins. Gained half game, 7.5 behind Mets. Atlanta, Phils and Marlins all jockeying for 2nd around 7-8 back. I would like to at least get to 5 back by mid June or so...

OFC

Braves have clinched the Marlins series after a 4-3 win last nite. Chopped another half game off Mets lead to 7. Go for their first three game winning streak OF THE YEAR today.

OFC

Well the Braves bottomed out last nite, getting romped by a ragtag Phillies team at home. Our defending champs have now fallen NINE games back of the Mets, and minus FF are a shell of last year's squad.

When fly balls start falling between fielders (twice last nite) because no one calls for the ball, you have major problems. Freeman's replacement Matt Olsen (earmarked for stardom), continues to look as if he's learning the game. Acuna is striking out way too much, runners are being stranded far too often, etc.

Three more at home w/the Phillies. Need all three. Don't expect it....OFC

Well the Braves bottomed out last nite, getting romped by a ragtag Phillies team at home. Our defending champs have now fallen NINE games back of the Mets, and minus FF are a shell of last year's squad.

When fly balls start falling between fielders (twice last nite) because no one calls for the ball, you have major problems. Freeman's replacement Matt Olsen (earmarked for stardom), continues to look as if he's learning the game. Acuna is striking out way too much, runners are being stranded far too often, etc.

Good post. It’s always been concerning, almost frightening, really that one man (FF) can influence a club house to this extent. Adult professionals are falling apart right before our eyes bc their leader is not here. Ozuna should have never been resigned, Acuna is too busy preening in front of the nearest camera. Olson was never gonna be that guy intangible wise, but he’s gotta produce.

Classic. Up 4 3 top of ninth Hanley walks lead off on 4 pitches then Harper hits one a country mile. Down 5 to 4 going to bottom of ninth.

6. 5!! Contreras gw rbi walk off. Acuna on second, on easy fly ball cf and rf botched Swanson, first base runner on double. Acunas error drove him in.
KD I loved it! Thought Harper had ended it. Mets lost as well, 8 games back. Need to win next two also and take series! Of course that is asking for 3 W's in a row, lol!

OFC

A solid win by Braves over the Phillies last nite, coupled with a Mets loss. 7 games back now. Yet another chance tonite to take our FIRST
three game winning streak of the year. HUGE GAME for CONFIDENCE!!! OFC
Need to cut into that lead with marlins d backs coming up

Amazing what one or two men can mean to a baseball team. Buck Showalter wears on his players after a couple of years, but he always improves his new team in his first year

Max Scherzer wont tolerate any nonsense. The Mets' concentration is so much better this season

Amazing what one or two men can mean to a baseball team. Buck Showalter wears on his players after a couple of years, but he always improves his new team in his first year

Max Scherzer wont tolerate any nonsense. The Mets' concentration is so much better this season
Agree ged. Much respect and admiration. He's like Bobby Jones who played for UNC early 70s. There's NO WAY YOU CANNOT LIKE AND ADMIRE HIM for his approach to their respective sport. OFC

A very nice late win for the Braves. 6-4 over the Marlins. Win every series against the bad teams and play .500 against the good teams
That's it ged! Won the Phillies series 3-1, and great to open home series with Fish with a win. Finally showing some signs of life with a comeback last nite resembling last year's exciting late inning wins!!! OFC

That's it ged! Won the Phillies series 3-1, and great to open home series with Fish with a win. Finally showing some signs of life with a comeback last nite resembling last year's exciting late inning wins!!! OFC
Hart2chesson, remind your friends that the Duke softball team is on ESPN2 tonight, Saturday, at 830. Can flip from the Carolina Hurricanes on ESPN. Good luck

Harris called up by the Bravos. Really excited to see this kid in the majors.
He played well yesterday, and I see a lot of upside. Looked good in CF, and went 1-3 at the plate. Unfortunately the run Harris scored was our lone one. Marlins ace pitcher Cantalara shut us down like a sofa-bed 4-1. Now 8.5 back of the Mets....Must win today to take the series... OFC

A very nice late win for the Braves. 6-4 over the Marlins. Win every series against the bad teams and play .500 against the good teams
That game yesterday made me think of your post and why it’s so hard to pull off. Even teams like Miami have one stud pitcher like yest and that leaves no margin for error in the other games. I’ve thought that same type thing over the years but it’s so damn hard to actually pull off. That Cant dude is a beast

I was surprised to see that the Braves won four games in a row before losing today
Sorry that I didn't proofread. I meant that the Reds won four in a row. Nice game from Fried today

Last edited:
I don't watch many games on TV. Contreras is having an incredible year at the plate. Two more doubles today. How is he behind the plate?

I was surprised to see that the Braves won four games in a row before losing today
Braves beat Marlins 6-1 today to take two of three in the series. I wish the Braves could take four in a row. They haven't been able to even put a THREE game win streak this year.

Now it's on to the west @ Arizona and Colorado this week. We cannot afford to drop many more games behind the 1st place Mets.

OFC

Braves beat Marlins 6-1 today to take two of three in the series. I wish the Braves could take four in a row. They haven't been able to even put a THREE game win streak this year.

Now it's on to the west @ Arizona and Colorado this week. We cannot afford to drop many more games behind the 1st place Mets.

OFC
Thanks, hart2chesson!. I've been intrigued all season by your posts that the Braves can't win 3 in a row. I was shocked to see that the Reds won 4 in a row despite being a dreadful team. I apparently typed Braves by mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT