ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

I get that it's a business, but Freddie was the face of the franchise. Liberty Media dropped the ball here. It's clear from AA's reaction today that this was the hardest decision he's ever made. The raw emotion on display. I wish Freddie the best though. I just hate the ****ing Dodgers so damn much and this only intensifies that hatred. Because it looks like that is where he's going :(

Reactions: KDSTONE
It was time to make a decision. This was dragging on to long. Gonna miss Freddie but AA made a great move to fill the hole. Now go get a CF and bring back Soler. Line-up is loaded.

And the Bravos are still world champs! Chop on!

Was looking at Olsen's spray chart since 2018. When it is overlayed with Truist Park you can see him easily being a 40 homer guy and he's going to get better line-up protection than he did in Oakland.

You all see that Ronald dented the centerfield scoreboard in his last swing of BP yesterday? He turned and said, "I'm back". Welcome back big Ron!
So let's see....
These guys can hit
Acuna 30-40 homers
Olson 30-40 homers
Duvall 30-40 homers
Riley 30-40 homers
Ozuna 20-30 homers
Albies 20-30 homers
Swanson 20-30 homers
d'Arnaud 20-30 homers

and that is without making anymore moves which I don't think they are done.

Chicks dig the long ball.

Braves have signed Olson to an 8 year extension. Will keep him in Atl till he's 35. 8 years 168 mil.

In Alex A I trust. Best GM in baseball. Would hate to play poker with the man.

Just saw this stat on twitter...

The Braves have Matt Olson, Ronald Acuna Jr, and Ozzie Albies on long term deals for a lower AAV than the Mets gave Max Scherzer.

Olson is a great move w/ Freddie leaving...happy trails MVFree!!!...sign Soler and that's a great 5 man outfield for 4 spots (DH)

Reactions: smashmouth5
The Yankees or the Dodgers? And you’re “fine with it”. You’ve gotta be sh—n me
I spoke too soon. Bad look for Freddie, there will be some boo's when he returns.

Screenshot-20220318-151437-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20220318-151459-Chrome.jpg

image-790.png

With the pick up of Jansen and Soroka being good to in May this is turning into an interesting time. Braves/Dodgers NLCS? Also, I'm pretty sure the Braves picked up that cat from the Rays too, right?

Reactions: smashmouth5
With the pick up of Jansen and Soroka being good to in May this is turning into an interesting time. Braves/Dodgers NLCS? Also, I'm pretty sure the Braves picked up that cat from the Rays too, right?

They did. AA has done some amazing moves for THE CHAMPS. Take a lead to the fifth and...turn out the lights, the party's over.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Freeman now going around saying AA needs to work on his communication but AA went to Will Smith and discussed the Jensen signing with him before pulling the trigger. Freddie's agent tried to call the Braves bluff and it didn't work. Chipper tried to warn him.

I’m confused about the deal. He wanted another year to the contract and that’s all that kept him from signing right….Why not just give him the extra year and cut him the year before his last year or trade him is how I’m thinking lol if all that was holding this deal back was 1 extra year… I mean the NFL signs deals and uses the final years as void years to stay under the cap with players. nobody really plays out the end of their contract anyway. Maybe the NFLs different I have no idea…I don’t much get it …somebody elaborate

I’m confused about the deal. He wanted another year to the contract and that’s all that kept him from signing right….Why not just give him the extra year and cut him the year before his last year or trade him is how I’m thinking lol if all that was holding this deal back was 1 extra year… I mean the NFL signs deals and uses the final years as void years to stay under the cap with players. nobody really plays out the end of their contract anyway. Maybe the NFLs different I have no idea…I don’t much get it …somebody elaborate

The NFL plays with funny money at times. MLB is a little different which is why the Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla.

Reactions: IFaZe
MLB contracts are guaranteed, so you can't cut someone and quit paying them.

Reactions: IFaZe
I'm a huge Braves fan and possibly bigger Freeman fan. Communication should have been better, but the Braves made the correct business decision. Olson has slightly better power, slightly better fielder, worse average, both great teammates, Olson is just entering his prime

Reactions: KDSTONE
I'm a huge Braves fan and possibly bigger Freeman fan. Communication should have been better, but the Braves made the correct business decision. Olson has slightly better power, slightly better fielder, worse average, both great teammates, Olson is just entering his prime
Yea and the Yankees year in and year out buy the best product in baseball and tumble..(to my pleasure)😂 You can’t replace what Freedy was to the TEAM. You heard them post World Series “bring Freddy back” I’m pissed

Yea and the Yankees year in and year out buy the best product in baseball and tumble..(to my pleasure)😂 You can’t replace what Freedy was to the TEAM. You heard them post World Series “bring Freddy back” I’m pissed
I'm with you ipsy. Freddie was the heart and soul of the franchise. I think we will miss him more than most realize.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I don't see how the Braves could have splurged on Freddie while Acuna earns a fraction moving forward and also surely out performing him on the field.

How does Freddie fit in the Dodgers locker room and more precisely system? LAD players rest, alot. Meanwhile on the Braves players had to go thru Freddie for a day off.

Big picture of what happened - Freddie forgot the agent works for him. AA became nervous his employer would be left without a 1st base option and had to act. Freddie's hardball back fired. Surely egged on by his wife which seems in love with the LA lifestyle (spends the season in California) and is clearly a big voice in his ear.

I think Freddie has more to lose and it will play out that way unless the prospects the Braves dealt in the deal really pan out. Shea will be a good maybe even great everyday Catcher but you don't need an elite C in today's MLB. Freddie is now just another great athlete in Los Angeles while giving up his stature as one of the greatest in Atlanta history.

Dodgers could very well reach a new level offensively and eliminate the Braves a few times along the way. But the clock is already ticking on that aging roster. Braves will get the last laugh in the rivalry and this ordeal with Freeman.

Just another example of why it's getting harder to love the name on the back of the jersey. Gotta be all about the name on the front. Gonna be like seeing Murphy in a Phillies jersey, Glavine in a Mets jersey or Smoltzie in a Red Sox jersey.

How about Carlos Correa to the Braves next year. Talked going into this season. His contract with the Twins has an opt out clause and Dansby will be a FA.

How about Carlos Correa to the Braves next year. Talked going into this season. His contract with the Twins has an opt out clause and Dansby will be a FA.
Doesn't seem a AA move but we don't have a hot prospect that is classic SS. Grissom from the farm but will likely outgrow the position and move to the corner IF.

Dansby needs to take a somewhat hometown discount to stay. Portion of his value to us is his hometown roots and connection to the fan base (especially female).

Just another example of why it's getting harder to love the name on the back of the jersey. Gotta be all about the name on the front. Gonna be like seeing Murphy in a Phillies jersey, Glavine in a Mets jersey or Smoltzie in a Red Sox jersey.
I think this changed in part because of player freedom in terms of financial mobility. We are still really fortunate as Braves fans in this regard. 'Team of the South' reels in players such as Olson that grew up watching the older product. We can't really complain and as a whole it's better than NFL and especially NBA.

Was reading some stuff by people that cover the Braves said Freddie was not a hang out with the guys kind of person. Work at the park and gone. Nothing wrong with that but maybe everything wasn't always roses. Speaks to how the Braves keep things in house.

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT