ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN3

df64

Cameron Crazy
Feb 2, 2006
Is it possible to get ESPN3 on a TV? My cable provider doesn't include it, so I can't get it on my home computer. I was hoping to go out somewhere to watch the Bryant game.

I don't think ESPN3 is available on tv in any way but I believe you can watch the Duke games that aren't televised through BDN

Another related question if someone will humor me: Saturday's game is on espn3. Is it also available on BDN+ like the exhibition games? And if so, is it available to watch after the fact, like the exhibitions? I won't be home at the time and I would like to watch it later if possible.

DiehardDukeFan & Huffy, BDN doesn't carry anymore of the games...except for 'live audio'. You can listen to the games on BDN, but not watch them. You'll have to find another source for video.

OFC

Thanks OAD. Does anyone know if ESPN3 "archives" games, or do you have to watch them live or not at all?

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I get it through my Amazon Fire stick.

Thanks OAD. Does anyone know if ESPN3 "archives" games, or do you have to watch them live or not at all?
Pretty sure everything on ESPN3 can be replayed after the fact. Not sure how far back you can go, but I've watched several of our men's lacrosse games the next day after being on the road during the live broadcast.

@df64, do you have a Google Chromecast? Might be worth investing in. Costs about $30, and you can set it up to broadcast a livestream from your computer or tablet onto your tv. I even streamed a game from my phone onto my tv last year. Science!

Pretty sure everything on ESPN3 can be replayed after the fact. Not sure how far back you can go, but I've watched several of our men's lacrosse games the next day after being on the road during the live broadcast.

@df64, do you have a Google Chromecast? Might be worth investing in. Costs about $30, and you can set it up to broadcast a livestream from your computer or tablet onto your tv. I even streamed a game from my phone onto my tv last year. Science!

You know...now that you mention this, I think BDN has a replay of the games available...just not live. Seems like I cut a couple of 'gifs' out of them last year.

OFC

When I was a kid my hair was almost orange. It's gotten more brown as I got older. I currently have a bright red beard though. That part obviously didn't fade.

Is it possible to get ESPN3 on a TV? My cable provider doesn't include it, so I can't get it on my home computer. I was hoping to go out somewhere to watch the Bryant game.

Duke is on ESPN U this evening. TOMORROW IT IS NOT- it is only online on ESPN3.

ESPN3 is available on the tv but only via a media streaming device such as the Roku mentioned above. Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and others all have the ESPN3 app I do believe. To receive ESPN3, you must link your TV subscription (DISH, DirectTV) with your newly downloaded ESPN3 app. Linking the two accounts is as simple as opening the ESPN3 app, and then signing into your TV subscription when prompted. The games will remain available to be streamed for a good bit of time. I just ran through the videos available for replay and I went back as far as March, could have went further. Hope this helps. Go Duke!

Thanks for the info guys. I don't think I can stream it. My cable is through cablevision and they don't do ESPN3. I was hoping to maybe go out and watch it. Kinda hoping places like Buffalo Wild Wings had a history of showing games on ESPN3.

Dbav, you're killing me. First the Firestick. My first thought was, man, I hope he didn't post a pic of that in the GIFS thread. You are in politics, and that can hurt a guy there. Then the Ginger comment. All I could think of was Ginger from Gilligan's Island. Top it off with the H Simpson avatar, and you are creating quite a picture!

DiehardDukeFan & Huffy, BDN doesn't carry anymore of the games...except for 'live audio'. You can listen to the games on BDN, but not watch them. You'll have to find another source for video.

OFC
Good to know...I've never used BDN to stream games...I usually just follow the games through live stats...so I didn't know that they stopped streaming our non televised games.

What can I say? I'm a dork. It's part of my charm. :)

Just curious... How does it differ from just using the TV as the monitor of your laptop? I presume with another relaying device in the middle, the latency only gets worse. Am I missing something?

Dbav I thought of Ginger from Gilligans Island also. I thought you meant you were a female.

I am so effin pumped. Tried ESPN3 just for kicks and it worked. Never has in the past for me. Maybe I had a firestick all along and never knew it! Maybe that's what 14 yrs of marriage does to a guy.

Reactions: dbav
Just curious... How does it differ from just using the TV as the monitor of your laptop? I presume with another relaying device in the middle, the latency only gets worse. Am I missing something?
Never really had an issue with the Chromecast. That said, I ended up just streaming the game on my laptop and didn't connect to my tv.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT