ADVERTISEMENT

Emotional roller coaster

Laettner

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 11, 2002
What a roller coaster last nite emotion wise. Nornmally I have problems going to sleep after big game but last night I absolutely crashed after SportsCenter coverage.

What a game, what a comeback, Ty carried us & Matt Jones offensive rebound was such a huge play.

Get Oak some rest & Marshall its time to step up on Saturday vs Clemson.

My kids(9 &7&5) were up at 530am checking ESPN for score & highlights. Doesn't get better than that.

Speaking of Sportscenter, did anyone else notice that Neil Everett could not keep his composure after the game? He was downright giddy. It was his first time at Cameron and every chance he got he gushed about the game, the atmosphere and the crazies. He couldn't hide his amazement. He thanked his bosses on national tv and couldn't even put together logical sentences in the beginning. It was really fun to watch a polished anchor's face completely melt after his first Cameron experience.

Dave, I was giddy laughing with my Dad(Duke Alum and former track athlete)watching Neil literally fumble over his words the entire first segment he did. He basically said there's no other place that could ever possibly compare to how amazing Cameron was, and how he assumed it couldn't match the hype and how it actually tremendously it exceeded the hype!

Man, I've been to prob 25-30 games there from Dad getting Tix and stuff, and even in regular ol games you can't even hear the person next to you without yelling(literally no exaggeration). I can't even fathom how loud these UNC/Duke games are, still haven't made it to one:(.

I recall a few years back Erin Andrews being speechless after we beat UNC in CIS.

SC hosts looked like kids in DisneyWorld last nite. Was waiting for them to take selfies.

An emotional roller coaster is a great way to describe it Laettner. I thought Carolina came to play and should great toughness that they haven't shown since coming back to beat Louisville. I said it in another thread, but, the game was like a heavyweight fight. Each fighter throwing and landing most of their punches. We just landed a few more, thankfully. I was mentally, emotionally, and somewhat physically drained. I felt like I had played. Just an amazing game to win and for the rivalry.

That was the most mentally draining game that I've watched in awhile. My nerves were completely shot by the end of the game and for about an hour or two after the game. I finally fell asleep around 5:30 or so this morning.

I guess I'm just nuts, or too old to know better, but I never thought the game was over, and I wasn't a bit tired after it.. I was exhilarated. Now if we had lost, I probably would have dropped over. Winning a game like that is so satisfying imo. I love to see the Heels get their collective hearts ripped out of their bodies like that!!!
Oh, and I slept like a baby...for about 4 hours (I don't sleep much.)

OFC
l
This post was edited on 2/19 1:53 PM by OldasdirtDevil

I just finished watching the game again on ESPNU, and I have to tell you, that I was cool as a cucumber during the whole game!! No roller coaster ride, no ups and downs, just me and hot cup of tea, watching this fantastic team pull out a great victory.
Now, last night, I suffered multiple "mini" heart attacks during the game, but I survived. After I got off this forum (about 1 a.m.) I slept like a baby!!
I don't know about anyone else, but the early games this year have spoiled me. The 9 p.m. games are killers. I love those early games, gives me a chance to wind down.
How do you guys feel about the game times? I think(?) this is the first year in a long time that Duke has gotten to play earlier games? Your thoughts?
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT