ADVERTISEMENT

Duke program tabbed as one of the cleanest in the country

DiehardDukeFan4Life

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 21, 2011
I saw this article shared on Facebook. In the article it talks about how Christian Dawkins was a guest on a podcast on Barstool Sports called Pardon my take and the 2 hosts jokingly asked him how much Coach K was paying him to keep Duke our of the scandal and he basically said Coach hasn’t paid him anything or done anything against the rules regarding the scandal.

https://balldurham.com/2020/04/18/duke-basketball-program-tabbed-one-cleanest-country/

I love the Tony Kornheiser Show Podcasts. Every day on my run, I listen to a show from years ago. Jay Williams was on the show in March, 2017. He explained that he used to work for an agency that donated to AAU programs. They are set up as 501(c) charitable organizations. Williams said that it was impossible to know if the money was funnelled to coaches, players or parents

Hopefully nothing comes out as people would jump all over us. I mean they would anyway but especially after this.

Believe it or don’t believe it, it’s out there. My best guess is whatever agreement, if any, between Duke and Nike was worked out a long long time ago and nothing is or can be connected to K. I think it would be pretty naive to think Duke is completely 100% clean. But I would be beyond shocked to ever hear of a wire tap or anything that is a direct connection between Nike’s money, recruits and K. And I also know that nothing goes on at Duke basketball related without K knowing about it.

It is kind of funny to not see this posted anywhere on THR or RR. They are normally so hungry for Duke related news and unbiased with their opinions.

Believe it or don’t believe it, it’s out there. My best guess is whatever agreement, if any, between Duke and Nike was worked out a long long time ago and nothing is or can be connected to K. I think it would be pretty naive to think Duke is completely 100% clean. But I would be beyond shocked to ever hear of a wire tap or anything that is a direct connection between Nike’s money, recruits and K. And I also know that nothing goes on at Duke basketball related without K knowing about it.

It is kind of funny to not see this posted anywhere on THR or RR. They are normally so hungry for Duke related news and unbiased with their opinions.
If an article like this was posted on THR or RR my first thought would be that those sites were hacked because that’s the only way that anything positive about Duke would ever be posted on those sites.

Reactions: dbav
Good recognition for our janitors, they work very hard

TjRFFgz.jpg

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT