ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

It’s no secret that Jahlil has had a rough start to his NBA career.. But the last 4 games he has been a starter and has played 30+ minutes a game.. his averages in those 4 games are:

20ppg , 11rpg , 3bpg

With last night being his best game (24pts & 15rbs) against the Spurs..

Let’s hope this is a turning point for Jahlil and he can continue this success.. he was great in his 1 year at Duke.. I loved having a big true-center like him.. it made life so much easier for the players around him.

It’s no secret that Jahlil has had a rough start to his NBA career.. But the last 4 games he has been a starter and has played 30+ minutes a game.. his averages in those 4 games are:

20ppg , 11rpg , 3bpg

Let’s hope this is a turning point for Jahlil and he can continue this success.. he was great in his 1 year at Duke.. I loved having a big true-center like him.. it made life so much easier for the players around him.
Hell yeah!! Glad to hear he's finally getting back to the player we knew he was. Thanks for posting!!

I think Jahs career going to take a trajectory like that of jj's, but with the potential to be even more impactful .

Anyone who has followed jah knows the work he has put in, specially this past summer to not only change his game but to change his body. He is slimmer and still strong as an ox. He knows he is a ancient dinosaur in today's NBA in terms of style. But he hasn't laid down and died but instead has used his time to work on being a modern day big but with old-school talent .

I love Jah and am rooting for him hard. There is alot of work to be done, specially on the defensive end of the floor. But Jahs talent continues to shine in moments and I am excited for him to break loose. P

He’s running his own race. He’s battled maturity issues along with finding himself within the NBA game. Hopefully this is his breakthrough that will lead to great things.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22

20ppg , 11rpg , 3bpg

That’s great! I’ve always hoped he would find a role and catch on somewhere. Just seemed too skilled not to, and maybe he was just in the wrong era of basketball or something.

Jah has had some opportunities this season with injuries to Mirotec and A. Davis....and he’s taken advantage of it. I’ve watched NO a lot the last few weeks. Jah is actually playing defense now too. :)

Reactions: skysdad
I have always enjoyed Jah and his dad chuckie, (took a pic with him at the 2015 Final Four and 2016 champions classic, he is jah’s biggest supporter and fan, very cool and cordial guy). Jah is an Illinois guy so it makes me cheer for him a lil harder, glad to see his hard work is paying off for him

Last edited:
Reactions: jwill133
I think Jahs career going to take a trajectory like that of jj's, but with the potential to be even more impactful .

Anyone who has followed jah knows the work he has put in, specially this past summer to not only change his game but to change his body. He is slimmer and still strong as an ox. He knows he is a ancient dinosaur in today's NBA in terms of style. But he hasn't laid down and died but instead has used his time to work on being a modern day big but with old-school talent .

I love Jah and am rooting for him hard. There is alot of work to be done, specially on the defensive end of the floor. But Jahs talent continues to shine in moments and I am excited for him to break loose. P

I'm not sure he'll ever be a top notch defender. But so long as he'll keep rebounding like this, there will be a spot in the NBA for him. The points are certainly nice, as well, but NBA bigs have to defend and rebound. If the defense is "OK" and he rebounds at a high level, he's an NBA starter for the next decade. Maybe not an all star or max contract guy, but I think he'll be OK "settling" for getting 8-12 million a year for 10 or so years.

I hope Jabari Parker notices and finds the same motivation to play at the other end of the court.

Wellll it's looking like AD's days in New Orleans are numbered, maybe Big Jah will keep that starting spot for good.
I've also been watching a lot of Pelicans basketball lately, and am stunned that Jah is no longer a defensive liability out there. Great for him.

Dude, go ahead and start a new account and add '15 (or wait a few months and add '15 and '19).
Yea I have no clue how to change the name there is a lock next to it. I've been lurking for past couple of years and decided to create an account, only to realize I already had one

Ask cropper( insert number). He’s not too busy these days trolling Big 10 team boards.

OmWieBe.jpg

Okafor with 18 points and 8 rebounds already in the 3rd quarter. Hope he can continue to show his value and be a consistent contributer in the NBA
He ended the game with 27pts, 12rbs, 2ast, 2blks.. 11/15 shooting and 5/5 free throws.. great night..

Also tonight, Luke Kennard had 19 points.. and Jabari Parker had 22 points in 23 minutes.

Jah deserves it. Philly treated him like shit... God knows what happened in Brooklyn... But finally in New Orleans he's getting consistent playing time and putting up numbers. Say what you will about his defense. He's automatic on offense.

JJ Redick scored 13 points in a 121-105 win over the LA Lakers. Brandon Ingram led the Lakers with a career-high 36 points and was 16-of-20 from the field.

Last edited:
Jah deserves it. Philly treated him like shit... God knows what happened in Brooklyn... But finally in New Orleans he's getting consistent playing time and putting up numbers. Say what you will about his defense. He's automatic on offense.

The blame isn’t on Philly. It’s not on Brooklyn, either. Jah didn’t have the smoothest first couple seasons off the court. He’s finally turning things around.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT