ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Football: Us VS Them

Why get crazy there? Just pound it. Worst case a FG and OT.

Just gave them the game. We needed those 4 points. OFC

Don’t despair. UNC football is like a free scratch off lottery ticket; it’s great if you win, but it’s ok if you don’t...
Basketball is right around the corner. We’re both better at that.

It wouldnt be do bad if it would bring the firing about of our offensive coordinator. However Zach Roper has called bad plays for 4 straight years. He moved from special teams coach to TE's coach to OC in a very short time, and sadly isnt going anywhere...Cut loves him.....OFC

Once again Duke manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory(I think that is the way it goes) in this series.

Seen it so many times over the years. Missed chipshot field goal in a Barry Wilson year. Fifty yard field goal in 2004 by Cheats on last play for win. Can’t remember year but I remember center(Ted Million), late in game Duke setting up for go ahead fg and Million snaps ball over holder and ball ends up about midfield ending game. In Goldsmith years in a shootout Duke takes lead late in game and on Cheats possession someone missed an assignment and short pass goes 80 plus yards for Cheat victory.

Three plays in this game really bothered me. Inside the one yd line and we get an offside penalty and end up settling for a fg.

The other ended up not hurting us because of face mask penalty on Cheats. What bothered me was that with less than a yard on fourth down the qb lines up in shotgun about five yards behind line of scrimmage and runs up middle and is stopped short. Why not line up under center? If not for penalty the game would have been over then.

Last but not least of course the halfback jump pass. I’m going to assume that this play has been practiced numerous times for a situation like tonight. If not someone should be fired. Moral of this let qb pass and rb run when game is on the line. Not vice versa.

Just venting. It’s very late and I’m still upset.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Once again Duke manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory(I think that is the way it goes) in this series.

Seen it so many times over the years. Missed chipshot field goal in a Barry Wilson year. Fifty yard field goal in 2004 by Cheats on last play for win. Can’t remember year but I remember center(Ted Million), late in game Duke setting up for go ahead fg and Million snaps ball over holder and ball ends up about midfield ending game. In Goldsmith years in a shootout Duke takes lead late in game and on Cheats possession someone missed an assignment and short pass goes 80 plus yards for Cheat victory.

Three plays in this game really bothered me. Inside the one yd line and we get an offside penalty and end up settling for a fg.

The other ended up not hurting us because of face mask penalty on Cheats. What bothered me was that with less than a yard on fourth down the qb lines up in shotgun about five yards behind line of scrimmage and runs up middle and is stopped short. Why not line up under center? If not for penalty the game would have been over then.

Last but not least of course the halfback jump pass. I’m going to assume that this play has been practiced numerous times for a situation like tonight. If not someone should be fired. Moral of this let qb pass and rb run when game is on the line. Not vice versa.

Just venting. It’s very late and I’m still upset.

Dukeman you nailed it- we have given them a half dozen or more away at the end since the 70s. Mike McGee's final season ('78) we handed them a 16-15 win, blowing a 15-3 lead last few minutes. There's more, but obviously these gifts to your arch rival shouldnt happen.

Duke will continue to struggle offensively and compete in the ACC, at least until they hire a new Offensive Coordinator. I dont care what anyone says about Cut turning Duke around, we peaked in '13-'14, and Duke has by and large been mediocre since...I don't see Cut coaching thru the end of his contract (2023), the football program will need an injection of young blood prior to that time.

OFC

Reactions: Dukeman
Seems one of those fine "student" athletes decided to taunt the Duke players and staff after the game as they were leaving the field. Thankfully Cutt got up in his face about it. Typical of douche bag U.

Tucker shouldn’t have been over there taunting. Word is that when Tucker was running his mouth a Duke player took his helmet and was heading into the locker room. AJ Blue had to go and get the helmet. Cutcliffe only saw Tucker yapping and that is when he felt the need to put his hands on opposing player.

This player will not be disciplined
And how. I’ve seen plenty of outrage for cut “putting his hands” on that UNC player. Lord knows the media crapstorm that would have ensued had it been me. I’d have done a lot more than pointing him in the right direction, I can guarantee you that.

Reactions: skysdad
That's who they. It doesn't matter who's coaching. It;s the type of player they recruit. federoa,brown davis. They permit it. This player will not be disciplined. brown probably turned the other way. Good job Coach Cut. OFC

I echo Sky.....They will ALWAYS tolerate it, and so will the league as long as Swofford rules.....OFC

And how. I’ve seen plenty of outrage for cut “putting his hands” on that UNC player. Lord knows the media crapstorm that would have ensued had it been me. I’d have done a lot more than pointing him in the right direction, I can guarantee you that.

Don't be surprised if johnny " tar heel " swofford gets involved and suspends Coach Cut. OFC

Lord knows the media crapstorm that would have ensued had it been me. I’d have done a lot more than pointing him in the right direction, I can guarantee you that.
Lol! Tucker is 6’7” 335. I highly doubt you would have done much more, if anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT