okay here are some highlight stats
daniel jones was 19-25 for 213 and 2 tds. also 4-19 rushing and 1 td
britton brown 10 for 120 yds also looked good in pass blocking
aaron young 5 for 89 and 1 td breakout for him i hope
joe giles-harris 8 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 sack
dylan singleton 6 tackles, 1 for loss
tre hornbuckle 6 tackles, 3.5 for loss, 2 qb hurries, 1 forced fumble
victor dimukeje 4 tackles, 1.5 for loss, 1.5 sacks
so anybody else notice the youth here? we are going to be so much younger than the teams we play but these last couple of recruiting classes are showing up big time.

Need that consistently from Tre and Victor! Next week may be the biggest week in Duke football this year. Lets face it we gifted Wake that one in game 2 last year and THAT was a tone setter for the year!!! We are good enough to beat Northwestern, AND SHOULD IMO!

OFC

I've found UNC on three radio stations and ECU on three also. The Duke game on DRN's normal station here in eastern NC must be blacked out. Dead quiet on 103.7. I'm pissed!

I like this kid Hayes. Reminds me of another excellent safety we've had.

really really good day for duke. dominated a P5 opponent. to me what is scary is that i thought we still left a lot on the table. think the specials teams play was very good. our punt and kickoff coverage was impressive. the d played great. 2 end of the half td drives was all they gave up. they just beat the northwestern offense up. our offense to me was good not great yet. missed a couple of scoring strikes but loved that in the fourth quarter we were able to start running the ball right at them. i think between wilson, brown and jackson we are as talented as i can remember in the backfield. this game was a HUGE step in the right direction.

just a few stats
daniel jones 29/45 305 2td 1 int 16 rushes 108 2td
t j rahming 12 for 127
chris taylor 3 for 75
aaron young 3 for 43
quay chambers 3 for 22
huge day dor the d
4 sacks
5 tackles for loss
2 interceptions

Reactions: hart2chesson
Ben Humphreys solo 3 and out to start the game set the tone for our D. They kept that intensity all day. The O sputtered at the start but found their rhythm. A GREAT start to the season. We have to keep the young guys fresh to avoid hitting the "wall".

Didn't see the game but we must have played pretty well. I was concerned and wasn't certain about this one. Did catch the UL/unc game. Boy did the heels get screwed by the refs. If Fedora doesn't file a complaint he should be fired and that's all I have to say about that. OFC

really really good day for duke. dominated a P5 opponent. to me what is scary is that i thought we still left a lot on the table. think the specials teams play was very good. our punt and kickoff coverage was impressive. the d played great. 2 end of the half td drives was all they gave up. they just beat the northwestern offense up. our offense to me was good not great yet. missed a couple of scoring strikes but loved that in the fourth quarter we were able to start running the ball right at them. i think between wilson, brown and jackson we are as talented as i can remember in the backfield. this game was a HUGE step in the right direction.

Punting was subpar.

agree that the punting was not good. i am giving him a pass because he was so improved in the place kicking aspect that i feel they focused on that this week in practice. i can only hope that he will improve in the following weeks and that both types of kicking will be solid.
ps heard there is a tweet out on a new commit.

Didn't see the game but we must have played pretty well. I was concerned and wasn't certain about this one. Did catch the UL/unc game. Boy did the heels get screwed by the refs. If Fedora doesn't file a complaint he should be fired and that's all I have to say about that. OFC

I have no tears for Holes getting screwed by refs. I say about time. How many times over the years have we seen the their opponents get screwed by the refs? Case closed.

I was there today and honestly it was as good a Duke football team has looked vs a P5 TEAM IN A WHILE! These guys LOVE to play, they love to hit and they are TENACIOUS!!!! Jones is proving his freshman year was no flash in the pan!
#LoveMeSomeDukeFootball

Reactions: smashmouth5
I have no tears for Holes getting screwed by refs. I say about time. How many times over the years have we seen the their opponents get screwed by the refs? Case closed.

Oh they were just horrible. Lamar Jackson got away with murder. His O-line held every play, UL players were giving cheap shots on every play and should have been called for at least 15 personal fouls. unc's fine freshman qb chaze surratt was injured by a low cheap shot hit at the end of the first half and didn't return. If you remember he had committed to Duke but decided to go to unc. If he had stayed with Duke Jones would be riding the pine. unc put 35 points on the board and earned every point. UL put up 47 and were given at least 40 of them by the refs. If I were an unc fan I would be irate. OFC

Oh they were just horrible. Lamar Jackson got away with murder. His O-line held every play, UL players were giving cheap shots on every play and should have been called for at least 15 personal fouls. unc's fine freshman qb chaze surratt was injured by a low cheap shot hit at the end of the first half and didn't return. If you remember he had committed to Duke but decided to go to unc. If he had stayed with Duke Jones would be riding the pine. unc put 35 points on the board and earned every point. UL put up 47 and were given at least 40 of them by the refs. If I were an unc fan I would be irate. OFC

I guess the world is upside down. I go over to IC and I can't find any posts over there complaining about officiating. I come over to Duke board and there are a couple posts by supposed Duke poster distressed that some calls may have went against Holes.

I guess the world is upside down. I go over to IC and I can't find any posts over there complaining about officiating. I come over to Duke board and there are a couple posts by supposed Duke poster distressed that some calls may have went against Holes.

You should have seen the game. I have a feeling it's going to be like this for unc all year. ;) OFC

Sky your sarcasm drippeth...lol OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Sky your sarcasm drippeth...lol OFC

I shouldn't have did that. Dukeman who is probably a great Duke fan doesn't know me I guess and I apologize to him. I may have missed it but haven't seen him on the basketball board any. If not I personally would like for him to check it out and become a football and basketball poster. But I bet if you go to the blitz you may see some whining. I can't go there because of my eternal banishment. I'm looking forward the playing the heels in a couple of weeks and get to keep the color of The Victory Bell the right color and I wouldn't mind a little help from the refs. OFC

I shouldn't have did that. Dukeman who is probably a great Duke fan doesn't know me I guess and I apologize to him. I may have missed it but haven't seen him on the basketball board any. If not I personally would like for him to check it out and become a football and basketball poster. But I bet if you go to the blitz you may see some whining. I can't go there because of my eternal banishment. I'm looking forward the playing the heels in a couple of weeks and get to keep the color of The Victory Bell the right color and I wouldn't mind a little help from the refs. OFC

You got me Sky. Joke is on me.

You got me Sky. Joke is on me.

Sorry. I just couldn't resist. To tell the truth I watched the game with unc fans and they didn't complain about the refs. They sure did give the heel d a hard time though. OFC

I've been a Nebraska husker fan my whole life, and have gotten to the point that I envy the Duke football program. I like how Duke played today, and the program they have become! You Qb is a tough runner, something I miss with my team!

I have them with 5 losses in last 6 games. Lone win being against The Citadel. This was the program that was last season's Pre-season Dark Horse National Champion. A whole lot of Holes not feelin Fedora.

boom just announced. elijah brown dt from providence day in the queen city. really good get for us. 6'4'' 290. nothing but upside here.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbav

lulz...

so the visitor lists have been impressive for the first 2 games and this game against baylor wont be any different. we have a returning 2019 instate og canidate who visited last weekend and there is a rumor that we get our first 2019 commit. would love to see us get a few hogs to start the class.
so most think we will go to 20 this year so here are who i think we run the race with
OLINE think we go 2 more
i think our dream pair would be nicholas petit-frere ot 6'6'' 272
jovaughn gwyn og 6'3'' 290
next two james ohonba ot 6'5'' 320
blaine scott og 6'4'' 310 (yep he is back)
DB only one
keidron smith 6'2'' 180 only guy we seem to be talking to. if not him think we stop
DLINE think one but if two quality jump who knows
alim mcneil dt 6'2'' 272
jordan redmond dt 6'0'' 290
marcellus earlington de 6'4'' 260

WILD CARD ( i think he is a take no matter what)
kevin austin wr 6'2'' he is committed to ND for now but if....
MY HMMMM MAYBE GUY
james mitchell te 6'4'' 230

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT