ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Steward

There was no game this year none where he looked like an nba player This is a farce Can’t shoot can’t play point shaky defense. I’m speechless

I was one who had a feeling he was gone but wanted to be wrong. Your spot on though that’s what’s got me lost. He’ll go second round but the gleague is where he’ll develop.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Head scratcher for sure, but wish the kid good luck as he pursues his dreams

Does G League even pay that much?Not trying to flame genuine question
It depends . But highest you can make is 500,000 . If your sent by a team depends on your contract with them.

It’s sad when Duke could possibly only have four returning players when it’s all said and done.

So Roach, Moore. and Williams give us 3 returning starters plus 2 top 10 guys. Unless we lose more guys.

Reactions: sheyduke
I have 0 interest in college basketball. Wouldn’t be surprised to see K follow Roy after the tourneys over lol. If not THIS will be his last year bet!

When did getting drafted in the second round praying you make the team become the dream?

Reactions: christophero
50-70k a year for a teenager is good money doing what you love playing basketball lol. All while developing to get that set for life payday. I can’t blame them foreal. College is a waste of time for most.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
This will help with Keels. Best case scenario Keels is an upgrade. But Steward really would have shone this next year. Our superteam is vanishing. The assistants will need to earn their salary in the transfer market. This is not going to help my one and done stance ha. The frustrating thing to me is other than Johnson it seemed this freshman class was building for the future.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Wow. Seems like dark days to be a Duke fan. But the entire landscape of college basketball is a giant cluster.

We will field a team next year. I am so curious to see what we look like. I really really want to trust the staff. They know a lot more than I do.

I posted a month ago that we needed Williams back more than Steward. This is still true. But if Keels goes to Nova, man that is going to sting. I would put us at 75 percent for Keels after today. I had a sinking feeling Steward was going to declare. I figured he'd test though.

50-70k a year for a teenager is good money doing what you love playing basketball lol. All while developing to get that set for life payday. I can’t blame them foreal. College is a waste of time for most.

With hundreds of teenagers vying for limited G League spots the majority of kids will be left to head overseas if they can even make it there. There are dozens of former college players working out at gyms where my kids play ball with no future. It’s quite sad to see.

When did getting drafted in the second round praying you make the team become the dream?

Dude I was just talking to my dad about this

it used to be you only went if you were definitely atop 5 pick
Then it was lottery
Then it was first rounder
Now it’s well you’ll develop more in the g league and you also can’t develop your game supposedly in college so you might as well leave like Vernon carey and trevon duval

The hiring an agent thing is what gets me. At least test the waters. That I would have understood. You realize an agent would get a cut of your G league money...

This will help with Keels. Best case scenario Keels is an upgrade. But Steward really would have shone this next year. Our superteam is vanishing. The assistants will need to earn their salary in the transfer market. This is not going to help my one and done stance ha. The frustrating thing to me is other than Johnson it seemed this freshman class was building for the future.

I don't understand kids these days. I feel like the old man screaming at the moon in his yard right now. The logic of this decision is clearly lost on a fella like me. I was excited for the future. Then we lose Brakefield, Goldwire, Tape, and now DJ. Keels must be joining a different "super team".

Is that less than the normal 12 or more than the 3.
Keels is probably asking himself why is DJ so anxious to leave. May say something about the Duke program which may worry him. Don't see multiple quitters at Gonzaga, Villanova, UVA, Baylor, Michigan, and a number of other schools, except UK. Something is going on here. All of this is BS. Why not try building a team with players who project as staying around for awhile, even though they are not 5 stars? It can be done. Witness those other teams. Well that's all for this 6-pack. Nite, fellas.

OFC

Keels is probably asking himself why is DJ so anxious to leave. May say something about the Duke program which may worry him. Don't see multiple quitters at Gonzaga, Villanova, UVA, Baylor, Michigan, and a number of other schools, except UK. Something is going on here. All of this is BS. Why not try building a team with players who project as staying around for awhile, even though they are not 5 stars? It can be done. Witness those other teams. Well that's all for this 6-pack. Nite, fellas.

OFC

Wait......what? Not being a smart-ass here, I don't quite understand how this would give Keels pause.

We've lost 2 of our 3 guards so agreed. But I think we get Keels.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? Isn't this the one and done model? Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Can we please start getting guys who want to be a Blue Devil now? More JJs, Zions, Graysons, even Goldys and fewer Johnson's, DJs, Tatums and the like. Don't care if their OAD or 4 years, just get guys who are gonna fight like hell every game, not guys who don't care and bolt at the first opportunity.

What a horrific decision. Hope it works out for him, but I won’t feel bad for him if it doesn’t.

College basketball is a bad product and only getting worse.

Go after Boogie Ellis. Kid almost came to Duke, is a junior with a ton of experience. Let bygones be bygones. kid just scored 27 points in the NIT championship.

Last edited:
Until they change this ridiculous OAD rule and let kids go pro or come and spend 2-3 years in college like they do in baseball this sport will follow the NBA in being a terrible product. Stuff like this is a joke. Enjoy the Israeli league DJ.

Reactions: wcu1113
Can we please start getting guys who want to be a Blue Devil now? More JJs, Zions, Graysons, even Goldys and fewer Johnson's, DJs, Tatums and the like. Don't care if their OAD or 4 years, just get guys who are gonna fight like hell every game, not guys who don't care and bolt at the first opportunity.
I miss those guys. Trust me Dawkins and laettner are not happy. Nor are the iron dukes

Remove Tatum from this post. That's asanine to include him in there. Especially for someone so instrumental in winning an ACC Title.

This year makes it clear just how hard it is to get guys good enough to play at Duke and willing to stay there for four years. A guy like Steward would seem to be that candidate and yet look what happens. And when we get a guy like Brakefield, he does not want to wait his turn and books. I don't know how K keeps his sanity in all of this, quite frankly.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT