ADVERTISEMENT

Cremo to Nova

Yea saw this on Twitter. Nova will be good again. I live in Louisville and know they had high hopes for getting Cremo.

He will fit in well there. Wright loves experienced older players and there will definitely be some openings in the lineup for him. I never saw Cremo coming to Duke and competing for PT with young players straight out of high school.

He will fit in well there. Wright loves experienced older players and there will definitely be some openings in the lineup for him. I never saw Cremo coming to Duke and competing for PT with young players straight out of high school.

This comment made me think about the instant maturity of our OAD players. The really mature ones were Tatum and Tyus. The next tier was Jabari, Justise and Gary. I hope the latest crop of young guns includes 'a few good men.' Tre Jones is going to be so important. We go as he goes.

This comment made me think about the instant maturity of our OAD players. The really mature ones were Tatum and Tyus. The next tier was Jabari, Justise and Gary. I hope the latest crop of young guns includes 'a few good men.' Tre Jones is going to be so important. We go as he goes.
Good point. I would add Okafor to the top of the list. We know he's not having a successful pro career, but his play at Duke was top notch. He was such a good team player, especially considering he was the focal point of the offense. His unselfish play benefited the rest of the team. I have no idea how mature he was off the court, but he was as poised for Duke as any freshmen we've had on the court.

Reactions: Lavar5150
Jah gets forgot about a lot because his NBA career hasn't panned out as many have hoped. I think the same could be said about Jabari....partly because of his knee injuries and also because of how that 2014 season finished. One of the two was the ACC POY while the other probably should have been and was forced to play out of position his lone season at Duke.

Reactions: skysdad
Deng, Ingram, Irving, and Rivers should be included in the really mature group.

Last edited:
I think Austin talks very strong for someone who comes off the bench for his fathers team. It is almost like he feels empowered to say silly sh*t to NBA starters and stars because his father is the coach.

Reactions: sgrooms
Still wish we had pursued Cremo more aggressively. He provides 2 things we need; experience and shooting. Not sure he will find much more time at Nova than Duke, but they are the champs. Maybe he thought the minutes wouldn't be there for us.

I think Austin talks very strong for someone who comes off the bench for his fathers team. It is almost like he feels empowered to say silly sh*t to NBA starters and stars because his father is the coach.
He started all but two games this year before having a season ending injury. Actually played pretty well this year.

Reactions: sheyduke
lol where do our 2 best OAD’s fit in?

Good list except I’d add Deng as really mature and also Wendell in the next tier.

Probably would throw Taylor King in the top tier too.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Deng, Ingram, Irving, and Rivers should be included in the really mature group.

We’ve had incredibly head strong OAD players. We’re very fortunate there.

Still wish we had pursued Cremo more aggressively. He provides 2 things we need; experience and shooting. Not sure he will find much more time at Nova than Duke, but they are the champs. Maybe he thought the minutes wouldn't be there for us.

Cremo was probably never happening. He wasn’t looking to come off the bench as a grad transfer and play 20 minutes/game. There’s also a good chance he knows a little about what’s going on at Villanova....meaning one or two players who have their names in the draft aren’t likely to be coming back.

I think because 1) it’s been so long ago and 2) because OAD wasn’t really a thing in 2004 (like it is today) that Deng is almost disregarded in that manner.

We’ve had incredibly head strong OAD players. We’re very fortunate there.

Cremo was probably never happening. He wasn’t looking to come off the bench as a grad transfer and play 20 minutes/game. There’s also a good chance he knows a little about what’s going on at Villanova....meaning one or two players who have their names in the draft aren’t likely to be coming back.

I definitely think it is a pretty clear indication which way DiVincenzo is leaning.

Reactions: christophero

Think it’s pretty clear that Tre and RJ will be instantly mature mentally and physically (at least RJ). Think Zion is the biggest question on a physical basis and Cam on the mature mentally side (he just seems to still want to be a kid). Zion could kill it in the weight room and get the baby fat off, but I think that he’s been in the spotlight so long that he will have his head on straight.

Reactions: christophero
I like Austin, just not as a starter. If Austin Rivers has to start for any NBA team then that team has a lack of depth at the one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT