ADVERTISEMENT

A peek ahead to Arizona

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
Going to leave all the pregame hoopla and predictions to my man @pisgah101 , but did want to talk a little about Friday's game.

Checking Arizona's front line they go about 7 feet at center, and, 6'-7", 6'-8" @ the 3&4. Top or "key" reserves off bench include 7', 6'-9," and 6'8.

Bottom line I think we'll need more than Ryan Young, and will need more Reeves and Stewart than we saw vs Dartmouth.

OFC

Going to leave all the pregame hoopla and predictions to my man @pisgah101 , but did want to talk a little about Friday's game.

Checking Arizona's front line they go about 7 feet at center, and, 6'-7", 6'-8" @ the 3&4. Top or "key" reserves off bench include 7', 6'-9," and 6'8.

Bottom line I think we'll need more than Ryan Young, and will need more Reeves and Stewart than we saw vs Dartmouth.

OFC
They’re big and athletic, will need to match their size and strength as well as contain Love.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I suspect our offense, especially at Cameron will be fine. Our guards should shoot well from outside and open up some room for Flip to work inside. I loved how Flip and Young played together in our first game, but, yes, I understand it was Dartmouth. I am really interested to see how our defense responds to a team of Kansas' caliber. Can our bigs defend well enough to keep us in the game?

I always want the win, but win or lose, I think its very important that we compete well. Michigan State is on deck, and after an early loss, Izzo is going to have them hungry. Should be fun games to watch!

Dukes defense on the ball will be key . I watched a little of Arizona’s game and they play fast and attack inside .

I agree . Stewart and Reeves will be needed in this game to help control the fouls in the front court .

With this game being at home so early in the season, we really need to win this one, Mitchell or not. Arizona (like most big programs) are incorporating a lot of new guys, we are not outside of the freshman.

No moral victories here, just win. When we travel to Arkansas in a couple weeks that could be a different story.

We could win without Mitchell,, but Young Stewart and Reeves need to step up. Is Mark's injury the same as last year?

Stewart didn’t get in the Dartmouth game until the 2nd half I think? I dont know if he is seen as a key contributor right now?

Mitchell was made for Arizona so need him back. He will be key
Yes, we desperately need Mitchell back. Zona has height and length similar to the last team to beat Duke. Tennessee. Zona may even be taller and longer. One could argue that if Mitchell is able to go in last year’s Sweet 16 game, we pull out a win because we are able to put Mitchell on Awaka who ate our lunch that game.

Mitchell is also key because he’s basically our defensive PG, in regards to his ability to make sure everyone is where they need to be. Him being on the court also allows every other player to actually cover their normal defensive assignment vs having to play someone who is bigger or taller. In games like this one vs Arizona, Mitchell will be the player of the game defensively. His performance and ability to go may be the determining factor to whether Duke wins or loses.

We have built Mitchell up to Superman status so if he plays we better win ha

McCain and Proctor both need to stay out of foul trouble. We will need McCains shooting because it's going to be a war in paint.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT