ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K

Percentage wise, I agree, but that's because the percentages are against everybody using that logic. 5 in 40 years is 12.5%
Izzo has 2 in around 24 years- 8%
Wright has 1 in around 23 years- 4%
Williams has 3 in 30 years- 10%

I don't think that's an accurate way to determine a coaches chances of winning a title. Tony Bennett is at 0%. What coach has a high percentage chance?
None. There is always so much luck involved.

Again, we have a shot. No doubt. Especially the way Grayson is playing. There is also luck involved as well. I'd be willing to say the best team does not usually win the whole thing. If college basketball was determined by best of 3, K might have 12 titles right now.

I agree with everything you just said. I just didn't agree with saying K has likely won his last title. That sounds too much like this team and next years team has no shot

Percentage wise, I agree, but that's because the percentages are against everybody using that logic. 5 in 40 years is 12.5%
Izzo has 2 in around 24 years- 8%
Wright has 1 in around 23 years- 4%
Williams has 3 in 30 years- 10%

I don't think that's an accurate way to determine a coaches chances of winning a title. Tony Bennett is at 0%. What coach has a high percentage chance?
Izzo only has 1 title, right???????????????

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm not sure if you mean active coaches only but we must recognize John Wooden. He has to have the highest. OFC

Yeah I didn't use his because I was trying to point out that no one has a high percentage chance of winning one, this year, next year, or the year after

Reactions: skysdad
Yeah I didn't use his because I was trying to point out that no one has a high percentage chance of winning one, this year, next year, or the year after

Ok, I thought he had two....I guess his percentage of winning another one just dropped!!

Reactions: GillJET
And really, if we are going to talk about % chance of winning a title, I think it would be more accurate to look at how many times a coach has made it to the final game......usually putting them within a few of baskets of winning it

We all love coach K and hope he coaches for at lease another 29 years but when he makes the necessary changes to improve the team would anyone on here really expect anything different? Thats just called having confidence in our coach and I for one wouldn't expect anything different.

Nobody guaranteed another Championship. But when we had a few bad games out come the "lower expectations" comments. That is silly. Why? Cause he's older? Just saying you're right because we won't win another championship is kinda dumb. Tip the odds in your favor if you like but I think K is STILL one of the best in the game. Recruits asked why they came to Duke don't say cause they wanted to play for coach Capel or Scheyer. It's to play for THE MAN.

K makes mistakes, he's hard headed sometimes, it's his way or the highway, he's old school. But how in Gods name could you be a serious fan of this program and not see what a value he is to the game and it's students. Question him? Sure. Disrespect him? Get outta here.

You realize that he has coached over 40 years and has won 5 times right? He has lost in years with much better TEAMS than than this one. I don't know why anyone would think the percentages are in his favor to win another. I sure hope I am wrong but just being realistic.
You might have the percentages technically correct, but why come on here and piss on my rainbow?

Reactions: hart2chesson
When we were giving up 90 pts a game, it was pointed out by guys like me that we sucked at M2M and should go exclusively to zone. But some folks trotted out the GOAT label as an end to that discussion. So when Coach gives up on M2M, now those same folks are praising him for adapting. Can't have it both ways.
No, this is what you said:
I would love for the athletic director to get involved and hire a consultant that could work with the staff to implement an easier and more effective defense.
And it is still, in my opinion, a (perhaps the leading) candidate for worst post of the year. Pretty sure the staff handled this situation on their own without AD intervention, but good call on your part.

Reactions: GAAP
No, this is what you said:

And it is still, in my opinion, a (perhaps the leading) candidate for worst post of the year. Pretty sure the staff handled this situation on their own without AD intervention, but good call on your part.
Find other posts and you'll see more specificity. And btw, even that post you copied makes my point - would you not agree that our zone is both an easier and more effective defense? If not, contact Duke and ask for a refund of your tuition.

Nobody guaranteed another Championship. But when we had a few bad games out come the "lower expectations" comments. That is silly. Why? Cause he's older? Just saying you're right because we won't win another championship is kinda dumb. Tip the odds in your favor if you like but I think K is STILL one of the best in the game. Recruits asked why they came to Duke don't say cause they wanted to play for coach Capel or Scheyer. It's to play for THE MAN.
That was not a prisoner of the moment comment. That was more of a big picture outlook. When I was younger, I expected Duke to win it all every single year. As I have gotten older, I enjoy the games and seasons much better with the understanding that we probably won't win it all. I am in no way saying it cannot happen. I am just a percentages guy.

You might have the percentages technically correct, but why come on here and piss on my rainbow?
Listen man, living in the triangle my entire life and being married to an UNC alumna, there is no one out there that wants Duke to win it all more than me.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Listen man, living in the triangle my entire life and being married to an UNC alumna, there is no one out there that wants Duke to win it all more than me.
My wife is a UNC alum as well now she hates the UNC as much as I do.Causes her a lot of problems when she is around her classmates

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT