ADVERTISEMENT

Cam's struggles

Can will break out of this. He’s too good not to.

Didn’t Sulaimon have a similar stretch and he was sent to the bench and started lighting it up? I may be getting him confused with someone else.
Sophomore year, want to say it was at the garden against UCLA when he broke out of it. Unless I’m thinking of a different time. Bottom line, it happens. You’re right though, he’s too good of a player, he’s got the work ethic and the team is behind him . It’s going to happen.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
I think Cam will get it together. The missed shots have crept into the rest of his game. He was definitely out of sync last game with the obvious fouls.

Cam needs to find some easy offense. The degree of difficulty for a lot of his shots is waaaay too high to try to break out of a slump. He’s coming for FSU though. :D

More and more folks trying to find an explanation for Cam's struggles. Here's one looking at Cam keeping his eyes down:

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/12/30/draft-notes-cam-reddish-importance-eye-level/

Just looking at the stats, Cam is a mess on Offense (10th on team) and more recently his defense is taking a hit (somewhere between 4th and 9th).

We're not seeing much of an impact on the court so far because Jack White is our 2nd or 3rd best player on both sides of the court.

I hope Cam can focus on D and spot up 3s. We're fortunate that we don't need more than that.

88439d87-8768-47d4-b3fa-be503b300b2a.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Reactions: Kobe #1
Does anyone worry about the PR consequences if Cam struggles? I know we might scoff at that, but one of the issues people thought about early on was bringing in three guys who everyone assumed played similar positions... would this work against K and Duke?

Does anyone worry about the PR consequences if Cam struggles? I know we might scoff at that, but one of the issues people thought about early on was bringing in three guys who everyone assumed played similar positions... would this work against K and Duke?
I think the opposite actually, this Duke team is so fun and so popular, we are a positive PR monster. This is mainly due to Zion, but seems like people in the media who could care less about college basketball, are constantly talking about this Duke team.

As far as Cam and his struggles go, it doesn't look great, but he should still be drafted in the top 5 (top 8 at absolute worst), and everything will be fine.
If the 2017 team didn't kill us: tons of hype, a loaded freshman class along with veterans, ending in a disaster tournament loss. Or the 2018 team: Duval seemingly not wanting to be a college athlete, the Mrs. Carter comments (which I think were overblown and fine, but still was a story.) Than I think we can survive a top 3 recruit underachieving.

Look at next year's recruiting class: chances are were gonna land the top 2 big-men. Essentially 1 year after we had both Bagley/Carter.

Reactions: dbav and Showenuff
Cam is inside his own head. He had one or two bad games and now can’t go over it. The more he misses the more it’s bothering him. I seem to remember another player having those same struggles and K told him to keep shooting. He will come out of it. When he does...look out. The ceiling is the roof.

People will try anything. As they should i guess. But that would be a prettttty big reach.

SHOW agree w/your point. AOC needs the reins loosened for extended minutes if Cam continues to falter. Jack's role is defined now, and he really changes the game for the opposition, and I like his insertion off the bench early a GREAT DEAL! Give Alex some extra time is an excellent idea....He can stick the three....OFC

Last edited:
I think if he was slightly underachieving and being o
I think his position masks his struggles because his struggles are not what's being discussed. Plus, he is given plenty of opportunities to perform.

Man I feel bad for Cam. He just doesn’t look like he’s playing with any confidence. I really hope he can turn it around. Not just for the team but for himself as well.

Cam looks taller. He was 6-6 or 6-7 to start his Sr year of HS, and looks closer to 6-9 now. I think a late in life growth spurt has altered his body to the point where it has impacted his game. Longer arms and Legs change shooting motions, and it makes it harder to dribble. I think Cam is adjusting to new body dimensions, and it is hurting his game.

Cam Reddish should come back and he would be the #1 pick after his sophomore year. It won't happen (him returning) but I believe he just needs a year to acclimate to college basketball and the clogging of the lane.

Man I feel bad for Cam. He just doesn’t look like he’s playing with any confidence. I really hope he can turn it around. Not just for the team but for himself as well.

I think he may have turned a corner in positive direction last nite. Lets hope so...
OFC

Reactions: LTDukeFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT