ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is better than K

Mar 13, 2016
John Calipari is a far more talented, genuine, respected coach than Mike "Sha-shef-skee"..

Here's the Facts:

He's the hottest coach in the country. ESPN eats up coverage for the University of Kentucky basketball program, and recruits have noticed.

What makes Calipari the best is that he has built Kentucky into a program that sells itself—in just three short years. Players know what they're getting when they go play in Lexington, and it's hard to pass up.

Don't make this a politics issue, either. Regardless of whether you like Cal or not, you've got to see the great work he is doing for these young athletes.

You can say all you want about how you think we just need to wait for the sanctions to hit the University of Kentucky, that Calipari cheats, that he's not a good coach. Go for it.

While you wait, Calipari keeps winning. And he's not stopping.

Go Wildcats !

Khloe. Seriously? "More talented ,genuine and respected?" No , no and HELL no! "Hottest coach in the country?" "ESPN eats up coverage...?" True but both things could be said about K and Duke too. UK "sells itself?" Yep. It sure does. Duke? Yep. "Players know what they're getting at UK and eat it up?" Pretty much. Yeah. Same thing at Duke though. No idea what the "politics" comment is about so I'll skip it. And it's not hard seeing what Cal does for his kids. Gives 'em a shot at a degree ( if they want one ) and gets 'im to the league. Quickly. No arguments there. Same can be said of K. "Sanctions?" Who knows? UK isn't presently under any type of investigation so I'm not sure why you'd mention it. Duke isn't either , btw. "Cal keeps winning and he's not stopping?" Gotta agree with ya there too. But so is K. Not sure what the point of your post was. Oh...that he's "better than K?" Look , the guy does all you said he does. He's definitely gettin' it done. But he ain't K. No one is.

Just the fact that you felt the need to come here and post that crap proves exactly the opposite of what you posted!

Coach K is the G.O.A.T!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, it's undeniable that Cal has had more talent than K has had since Cal has been at UK, yet K has double the championships in that period. That is undeniable proof that K is the better coach!

Reactions: harttochesson
This person is a bandwagon UK fan. Just prolly started keeping up with them since last year. We all know Coach K's resume compared to Cal and coach K's resume speaks for itself and clearly shows by a landslide who is the better coach. Let's not get entangled with this bandwagoning buffoon. Every UK fan I have come across tell me coach Cal is a good coach, but he is no coach K. She's making the UK fan base look really really bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: harttochesson
I'd like to see Khloe's reaction when Cal bolts for the NBA. Cal is an excellent modern day coach no doubt, but one national title & two rescinded Final Fours does not put him in the same echelon as K, Dean or Knight. Look at the mess Cal left for Umass & Memphis.

I am first and foremost a huge Kentucky fan and I disagree with this completely. Coach K is the best in the business at this time. While I love Coach Cal, if Coach K had coached UK the last six years I believe we have two to three titles instead of one, which I will take any day of the week.

John Calipari is a far more talented, genuine, respected coach than Mike "Sha-shef-skee"..

Here's the Facts:

He's the hottest coach in the country. ESPN eats up coverage for the University of Kentucky basketball program, and recruits have noticed.

What makes Calipari the best is that he has built Kentucky into a program that sells itself—in just three short years. Players know what they're getting when they go play in Lexington, and it's hard to pass up.

Don't make this a politics issue, either. Regardless of whether you like Cal or not, you've got to see the great work he is doing for these young athle

You can say all you want about how you think we just need to wait for the sanctions to hit the University of Kentucky, that Calipari cheats, that he's not a good coach. Go for it.

Go Wildcats !

You are a idiot lol !

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE

Here's the Facts:

Don't make this a politics issue, either. Regardless of whether you like Cal or not, you've got to see the great work he is doing for these young athletes.

Go Wildcats !

WTF. Just a blatant troll. I'm not sure why we even let this kind of trash on this board. Take your Cal trash and post it on rupp ruhtards.

A more respected coach?? I could say so many things about that but I would likely get banned because it would not be in rules with this board at all.

And one last thing. When you speak of the BEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE HOOPS, you show some damn respect and spell his GD name out. It's KRZYZEWSKI or GOAT. Now GTFO you piece of trash.

This is just laughable, Cal is no where close to Coach K in anything, nor has K ever been in any kind of violations and had wins vacated. They are both even when it comes to recruiting and as far as him making Kentucky a name the last three years...that's just idiotic. They have name like UNC, Duke and Kansas that can sell itself without him, that was there long before he was the coach.

This thread is a joke, man. K is the greatest. Cal rolls the ball out and lets his guys figure it out, not always a great idea.

some 12 year old looking to rile up the most intelligent fans in the business.. nice try and thanks for starting my Monday off great.

Here's the Facts:

Go Wildcats !
It's okay, your program has a good coach. There is no need to for you to try and puff up Calipari by taking shots at K. K is clearly the better coach both now and historically. Not much debate in that. Calipari is a good coach, a great recruiter and a good salesman for your program, but coach K he is not, nor will he ever be considered on a very, very short list of the best college coaches.....ever.

This is about not only the dumbest thread I've ever read but one on the dumbest things I've ever read. guess it's something just to pass the time away . OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeDenver and dbav
Calamari is a really good coach and possibly the best recruiter of all time but he cannot fill out Coach K's jock strap. I would say comparing the two would be like UK's Chevrolet to Dukes Lamborghini. I can see why UK fans are glad he's their coach just like we are glad K is ours. They will be in the mix for a National Championship as long as Cal is there just like we are. The OP must be a 6th or 7th grader who just really loves UK but is as dumb as a can of beans.

just a troll, maybe not even a Kentucky fan....Let a dumb thread die

You guys! ESPN talks about cal more! That means he's better!

Can we get this thread wiped?

You forgot to end your sentence in the thread title: "Calipari is better than K...at choking with more talented teams" there, fixed it

Here's the Facts:

Go Wildcats !
you'll wake up in a few minutes and realize that you are just dreaming.

Calipari has 1 title in 30+ years of coaching. I'll stick with Coach k. Nice try though! +1 for effort.
Not to mention, he has had some of the greatest recruiting classes of all time - and still has only managed to win 1 national title.

According to the OP's information, she just joined rivals yesterday, so she's definitely doing nothing more than trolling. lol

Duke was one of the worst programs in the country when K got there. He has built Duke into an household name. Probably the best program in the country, it not based

It's not based on players but the program as a whole. More impressively it's not a state school but private, it's very hard to consistently compete at a high level at private schools like Stanford, Vanderbilt, and NotreDame. Calipari is good coach and extraordinary recruiter. But he has failed a lot too. But also he is a bigger self promoter than anything else. Anyone not named Billy Gillespie can win at Kentucky. Besides it's history of success is almost unmatched unless your UCLA.

Reactions: hpnole
It's not based on players but the program as a whole. More impressively it's not a state school but private, it's very hard to consistently compete at a high level at private schools like Stanford, Vanderbilt, and NotreDame. Calipari is good coach and extraordinary recruiter. But he has failed a lot too. But also he is a bigger self promoter than anything else. Anyone not named Billy Gillespie can win at Kentucky. Besides it's history of success is almost unmatched unless your UCLA.
He also has the luxury of not playing in a conference like the ACC. The SEC makes no bones about being a football conference.

Duke was one of the worst programs in the country when K got there. He has built Duke into an household name. Probably the best program in the country, it not based
"Worst programs in the country", I think not. But I get your point.
OFC

He or she got just what they wanted . Replies. 37 of them so far and two of them are mine. They hit and ran. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT