ADVERTISEMENT

Appreciation thread

jchammock

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2006
I just wanted to say thanks to my friends here.

The majority of you have been very complimentary to us. And some here had to deal with a couple of our knucklehead fans. Sorry about that.

Like I said before the game, this was just a bragging rights game. And trust me, I loved the outcome. But this game didn't mean anything in the big scheme of things.

Duke will be Duke. And UK will be UK. We'll both be a lot better come March. And I feel we'll meet again sooner than later.

Thanks to all of you for the compliments.

jchammock, I don't post here too often, but when I see one of your posts I always read it as I know you are a Cats fan and your post will be insightful and respectful. Great game and I could tell from the first couple of minutes on that you had the better team last night hands down. Good luck the rest of the year and to you as well. Keep posting here. I love reading them! OFC

Neither team is really good right now, but UK is clearly closer than we are to being there. I'm not upset so much that we lost (for the record, it bothers me but I didn't ounce of sleep), I'm more upset with how we played. I expected better.

I never think losses are a good thing. Ever. But you can use them as learning tools and motivation. Last night should have been a bit of a wake up call.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
jchammock, I don't post here too often, but when I see one of your posts I always read it as I know you are a Cats fan and your post will be insightful and respectful. Great game and I could tell from the first couple of minutes on that you had the better team last night hands down. Good luck the rest of the year and to you as well. Keep posting here. I love reading them! OFC
I really don't know what to say other than, Thank you.

I'm just a knucklehead UK fan that loves to hear other fanbases opinions. I love my fanbase but like someone else's opinions. It's more interesting to me.

I know we're all bias about our teams but you really do learn more from someone else. Good or bad.

Thanks again.

Neither team is really good right now, but UK is clearly closer than we are to being there. I'm not upset so much that we lost (for the record, it bothers me but I didn't ounce of sleep), I'm more upset with how we played. I expected better.

I never think losses are a good thing. Ever. But you can use them as learning tools and motivation. Last night should have been a bit of a wake up call.
I hear you DJ

I hate losing too. But to be honest, we're both young teams. Like I said, both of us will get better as the season goes on.

Duke has a lot of talent and you have K. You will be fine;)

We were just playing a little better during the early season. It really doesn't matter come March.

Good luck the rest of the year. I hope we meet again.

;)
I really don't know what to say other than, Thank you.

I'm just a knucklehead UK fan that loves to hear other fanbases opinions. I love my fanbase but like someone else's opinions. It's more interesting to me.

I know we're all bias about our teams but you really do learn more from someone else. Good or bad.

Thanks again.
You are welcome. I went to bed and slept well after the game knowing we are going to be a different team come March. At least I slept better than I did that night in 1978 when I first heard of this Jack Givens dude. That is when I first learned to dislike Kentucky, but respect their basketball team.;) OFC

Last edited:
Tough game to watch, especially because of the new rules (both teams getting hit hard with what I feel are BS calls). I am not surprised of the outcome as I felt it really could go either way. UK came ready to play. Duke? Not so much outside of MP3, Amile, and Matt (more so 10 minutes in and later). Ingram, Jeter, Kennard, and DT have some growing up to do, and once they do, I put Duke in the top 5 teams nationwide by March.

Will be a fun year.

The two people who are projected to be the offensive focal points, Allen and Ingram, can really learn a lot from this game. Neither was on his game last night, and both are capable of much bigger things. From the opening tip, they were both clearly pressing and never had a comfort level. Managing emotions and expectations is as hard as anything in basketball.

Luckily, there are some more quality opponents on the immediate horizon (VCU, Georgetown/Wisconsin, Indiana) and a chance for them to show themselves against high level competition. I remain reasonably optimistic about what they can be and what this team can be. Thornton was definitely a spark, and I was surprised by Plumlee's production. If those types of things maintain, and Allen and Ingram can continue to evolve into what they are capable of being, things will be fine.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Good post JC. Maybe we will meet again. OFC

Agree wholeheartedly with all of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT