ADVERTISEMENT

AOC a little bitter after move to Creighton?

AOC continuing the same states he had at Duke with 2 pts and 8 minutes

You know guys I'm gonna say this and leave it at that. AOC had a disappointing career at Duke for sure. He has left the program. There's been quite a few players that came to Duke where things didn't work out. Some stayed and finished out their career , some transferred. The thing is we welcomed all of them into the Duke family and now they are gone. Why do we insist on still critisizing them? They have moved to other programs , playing overseas snd some have made it to the NBA. Still we find the need to discuss them in a negative way. Tyler Thornton, Josh Hairston are discussed every year and how long has it been since they left Duke? On on this years team will catch the ire of this board and be discussed in a negative way for years. Glad they came to Duke to play for the best basketball program and play for Coach K . All of them had high hopes for themselves. Some such as Josh Hairston came to play for a top program and get one great education knowing his role. Just hope they never did or never will read this board. That's my take and will not post again on this thread. No more replies. Anyone can have the last word. OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
You know guys I'm gonna say this and leave it at that. AOC had a disappointing career at Duke for sure. He has left the program. There's been quite a few players that came to Duke where things didn't work out. Some stayed and finished out their career , some transferred. The thing is we welcomed all of them into the Duke family and now they are gone. Why do we insist on still critisizing them? They have moved to other programs , playing overseas snd some have made it to the NBA. Still we find the need to discuss them in a negative way. Tyler Thornton, Josh Hairston are discussed every year and how long has it been since they left Duke? On on this years team will catch the ire of this board and be discussed in a negative way for years. Glad they came to Duke to play for the best basketball program and play for Coach K . All of them had high hopes for themselves. Some such as Josh Hairston came to play for a top program and get one great education knowing his role. They have moved on why can't we?Just hope they never did or never will read this board. That's my take and will not post again on this thread. No more replies from me on this. Anyone can have the last word. OFC

You know guys I'm gonna say this and leave it at that. AOC had a disappointing career at Duke for sure. He has left the program. There's been quite a few players that came to Duke where things didn't work out. Some stayed and finished out their career , some transferred. The thing is we welcomed all of them into the Duke family and now they are gone. Why do we insist on still critisizing them? They have moved to other programs , playing overseas snd some have made it to the NBA. Still we find the need to discuss them in a negative way. Tyler Thornton, Josh Hairston are discussed every year and how long has it been since they left Duke? On on this years team will catch the ire of this board and be discussed in a negative way for years. Glad they came to Duke to play for the best basketball program and play for Coach K . All of them had high hopes for themselves. Some such as Josh Hairston came to play for a top program and get one great education knowing his role. Just hope they never did or never will read this board. That's my take and will not post again on this thread. No more replies. Anyone can have the last word. OFC

I agree for the most part. I don't believe in bashing any player who's played for Duke, but I admittedly don't feel too bad when they leave Duke, and then in some way or form, throw shots at the program, and in return, posters here critcize them. I know they're young and still probably immature, but that's my take.

AOC should've gone to a true mid major, not a place like Creighton.

Reactions: christophero
Most players leave Duke and I could care less how they do. I feel differently about AOC for some reason. Might be because his father played at Duke and he was born into a Duke family. In any event, I will root for him this year and next and hope things work out for him.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Most players leave Duke and I could care less how they do. I feel differently about AOC for some reason. Might be because his father played at Duke and he was born into a Duke family. In any event, I will root for him this year and next and hope things work out for him.
Might be because he gave us 3 years.. that’s 3 ‘one & done’ careers!

I watched Creighton yesterday and guess I'm happy for Alex even though it seems like he is their 8th or 9th man, no different than Duke. I'll never forget Alex's freshman year the Blue-White Scrimmage, he was nailing 3's with future pros such as Bagley, Carter, Grayson, Trent JR, and Duval all on the court. It seemed like Alex belonged out there, he shot 49% from 3 that year (though a small sample but still). He beat Jordan Tucker out for the backup guard spot.
Sucks it never worked out for him.

I watched Creighton yesterday and guess I'm happy for Alex even though it seems like he is their 8th or 9th man, no different than Duke. I'll never forget Alex's freshman year the Blue-White Scrimmage, he was nailing 3's with future pros such as Bagley, Carter, Grayson, Trent JR, and Duval all on the court. It seemed like Alex belonged out there, he shot 49% from 3 that year (though a small sample but still). He beat Jordan Tucker out for the backup guard spot.
Sucks it never worked out for him.

Jwill, I remember that game. Seems like he scored about 14. I knew his dad, former Duke 70s player Dave was proud! You are right, ashame it never worked out...OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT