ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to the ACCT?

ThemDukeBoys

Recruit
Jan 10, 2018
any of you guys going? If so, best route for tickets? Im not trying to pay $400 each from the school...thoughts?

You ever gotten into handholding your own ammo? I've been doing it for about 2 years. Pretty fun hobby and the groups you can create with the right recipe are awesome!
No, I’ve never considered it. It sounds fun. I do like breaking down each setup and clean/lubricate. In all honesty, I don’t shoot that often. I buy a large quantity on cheaper than dirt once every few years.

You ever gotten into handholding your own ammo? I've been doing it for about 2 years. Pretty fun hobby and the groups you can create with the right recipe are awesome!
You better be careful handholding your own ammo as you might blow your fingers off or shoot yourself.
I know you meant hand loading though and I did it for all the years I used to competitively shoot. I still have all the dies and press and related stuff though.
It brought me many hours of relaxation after work.

No, I’ve never considered it. It sounds fun. I do like breaking down each setup and clean/lubricate. In all honesty, I don’t shoot that often. I buy a large quantity on cheaper than dirt once every few years.

I don't really do it for the cost savings. I do it more for the accuracy you can achieve and for those times like we had a few years ago when you couldn't buy anything anywhere without being in line waiting for them to open.

Reactions: DukeDenver
You better be careful handholding your own ammo as you might blow your fingers off or shoot yourself.
I know you meant hand loading though and I did it for all the years I used to competitively shoot. I still have all the dies and press and related stuff though.
It brought me many hours of relaxation after work.

I have never shot competitively, but I think I would enjoy it. I used to shoot a lot of competitive archery, but never have tried it with guns. What caliber did you mostly shoot in competition?

been doing it for about 50 years or so. you can get a lot more out of you rifles or pistols than factory ammo. Have never loaded shot shells. When I say get more out of I mean accuracy mostly.

The ACC tourney is now mostly just for people with cash to burn and excess free time. It used to be for us common folk. I'd rather watch from home and spend that 2000 bucks on Duke gear, whiskey and ammo.
StOqcTb.jpg

FYI, ACCT prices crashed on Stubhub($200 per book 1st row upstairs) and GoDuke($400) is selling as well. Amazing how demand has fallen off for this despite league office claiming success in NYC.

Reactions: pisgah101
FYI, ACCT prices crashed on Stubhub($200 per book 1st row upstairs) and GoDuke($400) is selling as well. Amazing how demand has fallen off for this despite league office claiming success in NYC.

WOW wish I could get to NY

During Big East heyday you couldn't find tickets now they are half price and schools can't sell allotments. Great business decision Swoff!

We are either a 2 or 3 seed at this point, right? So you can buy tickets for the Thur night session. Tickets are not expensive right now. You just have to get to Barclays. That’s about 1.5hrs on trains/subways for me.

We are either a 2 or 3 seed at this point, right? So you can buy tickets for the Thur night session. Tickets are not expensive right now. You just have to get to Barclays. That’s about 1.5hrs on trains/subways for me.

Wish ACCT was at MSG. Better bar scene and no subway ride to Barclays just LIRR to Penn(45 mins off peak).

I am going. Will be my first time ever in NY so pretty excited. We got ours off of stub hub. Not bad I think like $300+ fees for like 3rd row uppers.

I am going. Will be my first time ever in NY so pretty excited. We got ours off of stub hub. Not bad I think like $300+ fees for like 3rd row uppers.

Welcome, hope you have a blast! If you have extra time try to hit Big East at MSG. Those ducats are easy to get.

Reactions: Dukie_4_life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT