ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on the thumb?

DukefanKY

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 4, 2011
Central Ky
I'm sure this is a topic that everyone is going to be interested in for awhile, so we may as well have a thread on it. Any initial news? As far away as practice is, I am not real comcerned right now, but just hope it doesn't become one of those things a lot of players have, where it keeps coming back.

If he doesn't need any type of recovery, his thumb must be made out of steel. That looked nasty the way his thumb bent.

That was definitely an ouch moment. The injury bug is hitting our guys already. Is there a pesticide for this?

Good to hear. Hope this isn’t a bad sign of things to come like we saw a couple of seasons ago

Most of our players wait till the season starts before they get hurt. Hope this is his only injury

Reactions: youngman42
Toes and thumbs have worried Duke fans more than any other injuries. Freaking toes and thumbs.

Uncanny how many top Duke recruits get injured! But, glad to here he is okay. Hopefully all the guys go through the season healthy and strong.

Eh, Dislocated Finger/ Thumb...not too big a deal as long as ligaments do not tear.. Pop it back in and use your other hand to tickle your pickle for a few days..no biggie

Reactions: BlueDaveil
Can't wait to see the next time he takes Little to the rim. :D

According to my unx “friends”, little and white are future top 50 nba all time. We are in trouble guys. Nassir Little is going to dominate us next year.

Reactions: skysdad and GillJET
From the video, it looked like an IP (not MP) dislocation with a probable ulnar collateral ligament tear of the IP joint and possible joint capsule tear. This might heal with conservative management (splinting and rest) but will probably be weak in the future and prone to dislocation and arthritic damage. Hope he is left handed.

From the video, it looked like an IP (not MP) dislocation with a probable ulnar collateral ligament tear of the IP joint and possible joint capsule tear. This might heal with conservative management (splinting and rest) but will probably be weak in the future and prone to dislocation and arthritic damage. Hope he is left handed.
He is left handed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT