ADVERTISEMENT

Amile Jefferson Out Indefinitely

Really really bad news, we have no replacement for him!

All of us gonna figure out how valuable he was!

Hate it for Amile more then anything as indefentiley isn't good sounding at all! And we will won't know much more then either

Laura Keeley is drawing parallels to Kelly and Irving. If that's the case, hard to quantify how big of a loss this is. Pretty much ends Duke's chances at competing for a conference title or being a serious player in the NCAAs. Other than Grayson, I'd say Amile has arguably been our most consistent and valuable player all season. We're really going to miss his defense and work on the boards.

It really is a massive massive blow, just as big as the two mentioned above

Tough break for Amile to be sure but that's one reason for "over recruiting." It's not the first time we've had to deal with it and other schools have to deal with it too. What it does is give another one of our players the opportunity to step up and become a star. Who will it be. Could it be more than one. I disagree that it ends our chances for a conference title or being a serious contender for a national championship. We'll get through it. OFC

It really is a massive massive blow, just as big as the two mentioned above

Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling. Can Jeter rise to the occasion, MP will need some help. Even though we were deep last year, losing Poythress may have cost us a chance to play Duke in the final.

Hope he recovers in time for the tourney.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Everyone was down in the dumps when Sheed was kicked off the team last year and said our depth was going to be our demise. If something was going to happen at least it is early and hopefully Jefferson can get back late in ACC play which should give us more depth come tournament time. Next man in and LETS GO DUKE

If Jefferson is unable to come back do you think it is possible for him to petition the NCAA for a 5th year of eligibility ?

Leadership, defense, and a double-double machine is a hard loss to make up for. The main thing is that Amile makes a complete recovery. Duke will play and win with what we've got. Time for others to step in and do their part. Jeter has shown some flashes, and now he has a huge opportunity. Obi, and/or Vrank also have a chance to prove their worth and provide some serviceable back-up minutes. Our season is not over. Go Duke!

OFC

Man I hate this for Amile, his leadership is invaluable along with his heart and hustle. Hope he has a quick recovery and bounces back to have a great senior season.

Reactions: skysdad
I sure hate it for Amile! His lose will surely be felt! I was hoping that Jeter would get more time, but not like this. If he is not ready, Brandon will be spending a lot of time at the 4! Get well soon Amile!

OFC

With Amile out, I really wish we had someone like BIG Luke Maye

LOL. With Meeks out BIG LUKE MAYE may become a better freshman than an Okafor freshman. HOF Coach Roy Williams knows what he's doing. OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze
Tough break for Amile to be sure but that's one reason for "over recruiting." It's not the first time we've had to deal with it and other schools have to deal with it too. What it does is give another one of our players the opportunity to step up and become a star. Who will it be. Could it be more than one. I disagree that it ends our chances for a conference title or being a serious contender for a national championship. We'll get through it. OFC

Couldnt agree with ya more, heck we won our title last year with Jah on the bench in foul trouble for most of the game. There's plenty of talent on that bench just gotta have someone step their game up. Definitely one hell of a left hook but Duke has a strong chin, hope it's just a glancing blow.

I hate it, Fing hate it!!!! For those who thought our D was bad before!!! Amile was the glue. Marshals help D isn't good at all. Hopefully we get away from the overly aggressive hedge at half court from our lone center! I fully trust in K don't get me wrong but this one scares me with the make up of this roster.

With Amile out, I really wish we had someone like BIG Luke Maye
long as BIG Luke Maye doesn't put that fine unc edjumacation to work and figger out that basketball he keeps asking to be "fed" is made from the same animal as his favorite cheeseburger and we should be ok. But if he realizes that balls made from a cow it could spell trouble. Fingers crossed.

Jeter has certainly shown flashes, it'll be interesting to see how K tweaks this one. I see post about Obi and Vrank, just don't see them getting much more burn.... K plays the best players. Luke and Chase will get the increase

Jeter has certainly shown flashes, it'll be interesting to see how K tweaks this one. I see post about Obi and Vrank, just don't see them getting much more burn.... K plays the best players. Luke and Chase will get the increase

I think it also ensures that the minutes for Plumlee and Ingram are going to be 30+ from hereon out -- rather than see their minutes fluctuate depending on the matchup. My guess is that our standard lineup is now going to be 3 guards (out of Grayson, Matt, Luke, Thornton) + Ingram + Plumlee. Jeter rotates in about 10-15 minutes to spell both Ingram and Plumlee. Wouldn't be surprised to see a little of Matt at the 4.

Really feel bad for Amile, what a great young man. Sure puts things in perspective, as soon as I heard indefinite, Kyrie came to mind. I never thought of Ryan.
Well it's like this, next man up! I really hope that Amile recovers fully, and I also am really willing to bet that Chase will step up.
This is a major loss, and as someone above said, we will all find out how important Amile is to this team very soon. I have all the faith in the world in "K" and his Staff to adjust, it will just take a little time.
For now, let's let "K" work his magic and just "pray for a speedy recovery for Amile"! God Bless you Amile.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

As long as he is healthy by March and we aren't trying to implement him like we did Kyrie or lingers and is "rushed" like Kelly we will be fine

Dang...get well Captain!!!!....I would put Chase straight to the fire and start him at the 4

Not to be Mr. Obvious but this is so much more then just a body. Like throw Sean in there. Amile was the anchor on the back end of an avg D ( at this point). Marshall isn't replacing that communication and nitch for the ball let alone Sean. Jeter actually has the best chance as his athleticism can cover some of his inexperience

Dammit.

Let's make it happen Mr. Jeter.

Other than Ingram probably the worst guy to lose. If my calculations are correct he hasn't played > 30% of our regular season games so he's eligible for a medical redshirt if he can't come back this year.

What's with Duke and foot injuries? Didn't we start swimming a couple years back because of foot injury paranoia, only to discover that didn't get us into game shape like running down the court? Is it the floor? The shoes? Seems weird to have 3 guys in 5 years and I can't think of another team that's had this even 1x over that period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT