ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one extremely concerned about Marvin?

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
He dislocated his shoulder. His arms are extremely long and he's thin.I pray he's not going to have a lasting affect from it. He's our rock man. He's saying he popped it back in himself? That thing has GOT to be killing him today.

No you're not alone, Show. Dislocations can be a problem. I just hope there isn't a lingering chronic effect.

OFC

No, no you are not. Hopefully no news is very good news here.

Pisses me off. Other teams have been going after him lately and very little is being called. Seems like that will be the strategy going forward. Love the way Jack looked ready to go after somebody during the Wake game. Had Marvins back big time.

Last edited:
But, I wouldn't mind him getting some rest since we play Pitt and Wake next. We should be able to get by both without him.

He dislocated his shoulder. His arms are extremely long and he's thin.I pray he's not going to have a lasting affect from it. He's our rock man. He's saying he popped it back in himself? That thing has GOT to be killing him today.

I wasn't....but now you're making me concerned!! Man I hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue.

It is amazing how much contact this guy takes and really doesn't get the calls like others. Denver he said he literally had to pop it back into joint himself. I dunno, I dislocated mine playing Racquetball and it killed me for quite a while.

K needs to strt pissing and moaning like Gary W used to. Does the NCAA need the marques players to have more reason to leave early/earlier?

It's a little concerning for sure but thankfully he's in the hands of THE top medical professionals he could ask for.

I played college football with a guy that would have his shoulder pop out about once every two to three weeks his senior year. He probably would have made it to the NFL if it hadn't been for that. I sure hope Marvin doesn't have chronic problems with this. If he actually popped it back in place, then I don't think it was his first occurrence. Prayers out to the big guy.

I was concerned but feel better now because I’m thinking we would have heard something by now.

He didn’t show no lingering or ginger during the game from it. Hope he rest to be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
I’m not concerned and here’s why. If you watch the play his arm was twisted and bent in a very freakish accidental contact. I don’t see it happening again. Everything will be fine!

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
To me, the concern would be if there was any muscle tear or ligament tear/stretching associated with it popping out. If so, that would take some time to heal and or make a reinjury much more likely. The idea is, for it to pop out, it is likely that something literally had to give. Sure as hell hope not.

I’m not concerned and here’s why. If you watch the play his arm was twisted and bent in a very freakish accidental contact. I don’t see it happening again. Everything will be fine!

Once your shoulder pops out the odds of it happening again go up by a large percentage.
I saw it immediately from the baseline camera and knew exactly what it was, I even posted on here at the time it happened and another poster thought I was crazy. You could see the Miami player elbow Marvin and the grab and turn, it was dirty. The only good news is it was his non shooting shoulder.

Once your shoulder pops out the odds of it happening again go up by a large percentage.
I saw it immediately from the baseline camera and knew exactly what it was, I even posted on here at the time it happened and another poster thought I was crazy. You could see the Miami player elbow Marvin and the grab and turn, it was dirty. The only good news is it was his non shooting shoulder.
He shoots with both hands in the paint a good bit. Really hope its fine.

Zero concern. If he were playing football or hockey wgere he was hit on every play, then I'd be worried. I say this as a person who's had it happen (and manually corrected on my own or assistance of a teammate or coach mid-game, at least 15 times).

Reactions: Dad2ze
My daughter suffered from her elbow popping out constantly when she was between 1 and 2. I watched the doc fix it once and did it myself from then on. It’s never happened again. She does gymnastics, cheers and plays basketball. @SoCal_Dukie3 is right, If he played a contact sport then I’d be concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Well, his scoring has dipped since the shoulder incident fellas.

No concern here, team is loaded.... Marvin will do big things when big things as needed!!!

Carter seems to have upped his game in the last 2 weeks, could it be at Bags expense. Plus other teams are trying to stop him from scoring also.

Could be, Show, I don't know. But I think some of it is that's he receiving a lot of attention from other teams after all these eye popping stats he's been putting up.

OFC
This is more likely, that and he’s also human. I mean yes his scoring “since the injury” has gone down but that’s a very small sample size. And by drop he went 13 in the game he got hurt, 20 in the next and 16 tonight, the latter two he played 29&30 min respectively. He’s fine.

I dislocated my kneecap multiple times in both of my knees. The same reason I played golf in college opposed to basketball. But it never effected the way I play. And the fact that it was Marvin’s right shoulder makes me comfortable he has no limitations. Shoulder dislocations are the easiest to recover from aside from fingers. He is fine as long as he keeps it strong.

*It is a family(genetic) problem for me. Hopefully not for Marvin.

I didn't think he had any issues taking the ball to the rim strong when the opportunity was there. I think its just a lot of what has already been said.
Teams are focusing in on him.
Our perimeter shooting has gotten better.
Wendell is putting up big numbers.

I "think" he is fine.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I dislocated my kneecap multiple times in both of my knees.

I did that to both as well. It sucks. I can barely run because the pressure on one of my knees will cause it to buckle.

He may be hitting a little bit of a freshman wall which happens to coincide with both Wendell and Trent getting more comfortable in their roles. I haven’t seen anything that appears to be discomfort

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT