ADVERTISEMENT

ACC predictions

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016
I don't know about anyone else, but these past couple weeks have been long. I'm ready for the game tomorrow, but I'm even more excited for the ACC season.
We seem to get screwed every single year, but not this year, our schedule is as easy as I've ever seen it, not to mention the ACC is down in general this year.
Teams we play twice are BC, VT, Wake, NC State, Miami, and a BAD UNC team.
IMO the 2 other biggest threats are Louisville and FSU, both those teams only go to Cameron.
At Virginia is tough but K owns Bennett and I think they stink this year.

I got us 17-3 and winning the ACC outright this year, and we are in contention for the overall #1 NCAA seed.
With this schedule 18-2 or 19-1 could be in play, but I think we hit a couple bumps in the road and drop a couple games that we shouldn't.
1. Duke
2. Louisville
3. FSU
4. UVA

What does everyone else got us doing?

Reactions: skysdad
I don't know about anyone else, but these past couple weeks have been long. I'm ready for the game tomorrow, but I'm even more excited for the ACC season.
We seem to get screwed every single year, but not this year, our schedule is as easy as I've ever seen it, not to mention the ACC is down in general this year.
Teams we play twice are BC, VT, Wake, NC State, Miami, and a BAD UNC team.
IMO the 2 other biggest threats are Louisville and FSU, both those teams only go to Cameron.
At Virginia is tough but K owns Bennett and I think they stink this year.

I got us 17-3 and winning the ACC outright this year, and we are in contention for the overall #1 NCAA seed.
With this schedule 18-2 or 19-1 could be in play, but I think we hit a couple bumps in the road and drop a couple games that we shouldn't.
1. Duke
2. Louisville
3. FSU
4. UVA

What does everyone else got us doing?
17-3 seems about right, even if it is a down year, the ACC is always tough especially on the road. 17-3 and then taking home the tourney title should be enough to nab us the overall #1, though I dunno if I want it. #1 seeds as a whole tend to do well, except for the overall.

As for the standing I’ll go
1. Duke
2. Louisville
3-15 don’t really matter as none of these are seriously gonna challenge the top 2. I just hope UNC manages that coveted 15 spot.

We have to win the regular season one of these years, right?

On paper, our schedule two years ago was very similar, but the ACC was also better as a whole. Last year I thought we were best team, but we also had the toughest schedule. This year? Well, the ACC is down and it would seem we're playing the 'better' teams at home more than on the road....but we're also a 'different' team than in years past.

I'm going to say 16-4. That seems aggressive numbers-wise, but I do believe the ACC is 'worse' than I had imagined. I think Louisville will have a similar record and who wins the regular season probably comes down to who wins our game with them in Cameron on January 18th.

1 - Duke
2 - Louisville
3 - Virginia
4 - Florida State

I still think Roy will coach up UNC somehow. They're not the most talented group, but they're more talented than the bottom half of the league. If Anthony comes back I can see the Heels going 12-8, maybe better. If he chooses not to return, then probably around .500 in conference play.

Even in a relatively down year, winning on the road in the ACC is tough. It is nice that Duke has one in their pocket before Christmas at a venue that has given them some real trouble lately.

I would personally characterize 16-4 as pretty optimistic, but certainly doable. I think UVA is way overrated and UNC (ugh) is a little underrated.

Predicted top five:
1. Duke
2. Louisville
3. FSU
4. UNC
5. UVA

Reactions: jwill133
I think we either win or split the ACC Regular Season and WIN the ACC TOURNAMENT!

What I find crazy is we got possibly our toughest road game out of the way. I know at UNC and at UVA will be tough, but we all know that Blacksburg has given Duke fits for years.
I think UNC and UVA will probably finish ahead of VT in the ACC standings, but in a 1 game scenario, I think VT is scarier than both. All they do is shoot 3's and that arena is insane.

I think we end up with 3-4 losses. About the same as what everyone else has said. Where I will differ is ranking the top 4. I will go with

Duke
Louisville
Fla State
NC State

One thing I've noticed since I have been attending Duke road games for years now (much cheaper than getting in Cameron). It is insane how popular Duke is now. I remember going to Louisville the first time we played there, 2015 (changed our season ironically) and that place was 99% Louisville fans.
Guess what?? Duke is the coolest program in the country now. That place was probably 70/30 Louisville last year. Same with Blacksburg this year, around 70/30 and 99% years prior.
Heck, I think our game at ND last year had more Duke fans than ND fans.

I still think we will stumble some on the road, but I don't think the crowds are nearly as vicious as they used to be.
Vice versa with Cameron, don't think we get the same home court advantage as years back.

Off topic, but has it been announced if Tre is playing tomorrow or not?

1. Duke
2. UL
3. UVA
4. FSU
5. NCSU
6. VT
7. UNCheat
8. Pitt

One thing I've noticed since I have been attending Duke road games for years now (much cheaper than getting in Cameron). It is insane how popular Duke is now. I remember going to Louisville the first time we played there, 2015 (changed our season ironically) and that place was 99% Louisville fans.
Guess what?? Duke is the coolest program in the country now. That place was probably 70/30 Louisville last year. Same with Blacksburg this year, around 70/30 and 99% years prior.
Heck, I think our game at ND last year had more Duke fans than ND fans.

I still think we will stumble some on the road, but I don't think the crowds are nearly as vicious as they used to be.
Vice versa with Cameron, don't think we get the same home court advantage as years back.
We have to get you to Cameron brother!

Jwill would love CIS Timo! My first Duke game attended was 4th row in CIS with the Cameron Crazies against Georgetown in 2009 (Scheyer, Thomas, and Z’s Junior years along with Smith and Singler’s Sophmore years).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT