ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Update: Day-to-Day

Zion is officially out for tomorrow. Not a bad idea to disclose now. Control even the most unrealistic expectations.

I think this team is better mentally if we can tell everyone he is out.

But what a game mentally it will be for both squads tomorrow...

And remember, here is the good thing. The committee takes injuries into consideration (2013 was a head-scratcher in terms of Duke. Let us give credit to Miami because a great player was out against FGCU but let us not give credit to Duke for their four losses without Ryan Kelley, but I digress). So. If Duke keeps the ship treading water until Zion comes back, we should be good if he comes back and shows he is a force.

And also remember, in terms of ACC seeding, we have those two very big wins against Virginia (and the Heels losing to them). So, as long as we beat the Cheats in the Nose Dome, we hold very big tiebreakers...

Reactions: DukefanKY
I think this team is better mentally if we can tell everyone he is out.

But what a game mentally it will be for both squads tomorrow...

And remember, here is the good thing. The committee takes injuries into consideration (2013 was a head-scratcher in terms of Duke. Let us give credit to Miami because a great player was out against FGCU but let us not give credit to Duke for their four losses without Ryan Kelley, but I digress). So. If Duke keeps the ship treading water until Zion comes back, we should be good if he comes back and shows he is a force.

And also remember, in terms of ACC seeding, we have those two very big wins against Virginia (and the Heels losing to them). So, as long as we beat the Cheats in the Nose Dome, we hold very big tiebreakers...
I was thinking about this last night. If we win out and Virginia wins out then we have the tiebreaker over them because of sweeping them. So we would be the 1 seed and Virginia would be the 2 seed and if UNC wins every game except game 2 against us then they’ll be 3 seed and we wouldn’t see them until the ACC Championship game IF they get past Virginia I’m the semifinals. Going with my gut I believe it will be is and Virginia in the ACC Championship game and I believe we’ll beat Virginia a third time.

Reactions: Skeelow22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT