ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Update: Day-to-Day

I decided to not start a new thread, but here is something to think about.

Nike has lost over $1B in market valuation since yesterday. I am sure that Zion and his family are the most happy followed by Phil Knight and Nike followed by Duke.

I would hate to be the brand manager of the PG 2.5. I think they will need to look at what kind of force a 285 lb guy that is that quick with lateral speed puts on a shoe.

I have not been a fan of Nike for the past couple of months. This does not help. "tremendously concerned" is a vast understatement.
I have a pair of Duke Nike shoes. It will be the last pair of Nike I ever buy lol

I had a pair when I was about 10 years old in 1975. The inside part of the sole tore away about the second week I wore them. I remember thinking this is a piece of crap shoe. Mom took me to get a pair of Ponys.

Reactions: pisgah101
I had a pair when I was about 10 years old in 1975. The inside part of the sole tore away about the second week I wore them. I remember thinking this is a piece of crap shoe. Mom took me to get a pair of Ponys.

Haha my mom used to talk about pony’s

Reactions: dukesince91
It looks like there’s already a fake photo going around on Facebook that looks like an update from ESPN saying that Zion is dome for the season. Before I could comment on that post that a friend shared Facebook refreshed and then I couldn’t find it again.

If Duke is going to be wearing Nike in future games I want to see Martha Stewart on the sideline and Allison Williams reporting on how Phil Knight hired her to personally hand sow all of the players shoes with string made out of lightweight Teflon.

My son has two pairs of PG 2.5, one is Duke color that Cam wore the other night. They are sweet shoes but my son is only 5'8" 115lbs.

I think blue Kyrie 4's are best shoe out there. Z wore those few times.

Feel like I’m waking up after the worst hangover ever yesterday. The sky looks gross but yet it’s as blue as ever, there’s snow all over and yet the grass is green and the sun is buried but shining as bright as ever. Don’t care what game Zion returns just smiling knowing that it’s going to happen. Let’s go baby! Go Duke!

Feel like I’m waking up after the worst hangover ever yesterday. The sky looks gross but yet it’s as blue as ever, there’s snow all over and yet the grass is green and the sun is buried but shining as bright as ever. Don’t care what game Zion returns just smiling knowing that it’s going to happen. Let’s go baby! Go Duke!

Very similar here.

It has rained for seven straight days here and tomorrow will be eight, but as far as I’m concerned the sun is shining and I’m as happy as could be. Let’s get #6 boys!!!!!

Reactions: pisgah101
Man alot of talking heads and former stars begging and pleading for Zion to sit.... will his support network cave??

Im not sure its close to a given Zion will be back- but im also not sure Duke and K would have came out with the Day to Day stuff if they werent certain Zion would come back when healthy ??

Man alot of talking heads and former stars begging and pleading for Zion to sit.... will his support network cave??

Im not sure its close to a given Zion will be back- but im also not sure Duke and K would have came out with the Day to Day stuff if they werent certain Zion would come back when healthy ??
He is not shutting it down. Don't be surprised if he's not back by Tues. The reports on his injury are very good. Dude is going to suit up again real soon. Not only that, you know you got clout when Nike travels down to meet with Duke in refernce to the shoe Zion was wearing. Everybody need to stop worrying about if he will play for Duke again. Wouldn't surprise me if he was ready to go By Sat, but held out. Just standby, he's coming back lol.

Wow what a week. Potentially losing Zion, now getting him back soon hopefully. I agree that he will play again this year. Might be prudent to sit him Sat even if we go down if we're playing for keeps in the tourney. So glad Zion is okay. Think we can take Cuse Sat. without Zion but we'll need our A game. I think we can do it.

Wow what a week. Potentially losing Zion, now getting him back soon hopefully. I agree that he will play again this year. Might be prudent to sit him Sat even if we go down if we're playing for keeps in the tourney. So glad Zion is okay. Think we can take Cuse Sat. without Zion but we'll need our A game. I think we can do it.
I agree, even if he is ready, he will probably sit. Anytime the GOAT say things is very, very good with him, I'm not worried. He will be back and at 100%. Duke and his family will not have it any other way. I can't wait to see us in the Cheater dome with a full squad. Do we realize Duke has lost only one game this year when at full strength!

Reactions: christophero
Coach K did an interview yesterday wherein he mentioned that there’s no need to rush him back, they just want to be fully healthy come the one and done, ncaa tournament.

My guess is he’ll be back by next weekend, with a fair chance at Tuesday. It wouldn’t shock me to see him tomorrow night, but I would highly doubt it. We are prioritizing a title run over a conference championship. Given all the facts, I’m completely fine with that.

I think the "is Zion the best player to ever play at Duke?" question may have been answered lol. He makes us 20 points better.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
I think the "is Zion the best player to ever play at Duke?" question may have been answered lol. He makes us 20 points better.
I agree when you look at the fact from a freshman standpoint. If he stayed for 3-4 years, it wouldn't even be a debate unless you been living in a cave all your life. Dude is straight unreal and a highlight reel waiting to happen. As one commentator said last week doing a game out west. He said " Zion is a problem, and not in a bad way, dude is a walking headacke for other teams lol."

100$ to 1$ then pretty good lol...won’t be buying any Nikes from now on! Ya got that cheap factor, the Colon crap, Zion’s blowout, I’m done. :)

Well, it is a dollar PER SHOE, so they've got 2.00 in per pair. Obviously there are additional costs vis a vis marketing/advertising, packaging, transportation, and various overhead (accounting, legal, etc).
Problem is, it isn't just Nike. UA and Adidas makes their shoes in the same factories and under the same conditions as Nike. And don't bring up New Balance. They make SOME of their RUNNING shoes in the USA, but much of their more technical shoes are now made "abroad."
The Apparel industry is dirty and ugly and there are no good options. Nike is the least awful option.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS

Your kidding right

20 is a bit heavy but 10ish sounds right. No one and I mean no one can replace his efficiency. Guy is shooting close to 70% on the year, it’s insane. So for every 10 shots he’s making 7 of them. Give anyone else on our team those 10 shots, maybe we get 4? And that’s just offensively, it’s tough to account for all the rebounding, blocks and energy plays that we get from Zion on a consistent basis.

I know Zion wouldn’t be as effective without RJ and RJ may still get his without Zion, but I’m still saying Zion is our most valuable player. There’s just too much he brings that we currently can’t get from an alternative source.

I'm going to say for the amount of shoes Nike produce, the amount of players that use them throughout and not just the united states, but worldwide, I see it more as a freak accident and it didn't help to have a freak of nature wearing the shoe. I seriously doubt this would of been as big as it has if it was somebody other than a player like Zion. He has hyped everything to A different level like no other in a long time, especially coming through Duke.

I've been wearing Nike shoes as long as I can remember including my 20 years of service and doing physical training in nothing but Nike shoes. Never had one issue. To each their own when I've seen people saying they will never buy another Nike shoe again.

20 is a bit heavy but 10ish sounds right. No one and I mean no one can replace his efficiency. Guy is shooting close to 70% on the year, it’s insane. So for every 10 shots he’s making 7 of them. Give anyone else on our team those 10 shots, maybe we get 4? And that’s just offensively, it’s tough to account for all the rebounding, blocks and energy plays that we get from Zion on a consistent basis.

I know Zion wouldn’t be as effective without RJ and RJ may still get his without Zion, but I’m still saying Zion is our most valuable player. There’s just too much he brings that we currently can’t get from an alternative source.
I hear you but I might go 15. Maybe Javin and Jack get 6 points between them. The defense suffers, and guys are forced out of their roles a bit and asked to do more. Maybe that number shrinks to 12 after a few games. But Zion impacts the game in all sorts of ways. Teams gameplan around him.

I think we all remember when Tre got hurt and had to miss a couple of games. I remember him saying sitting on the bench made him realize how much he loved the game, and missed the game. Now can you imagine Zion, with the fun he was having playing not only for Duke, but with his brothers, not doing that again? They guys are just wired different and don't listen to the outside noise coming from anybody. These guys are unselfish and will finsih this year out together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT