ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Update: Day-to-Day

Grade 1 knee sprain - a couple of days to a week and a half to heal... with him getting non stop treatment I can see less then a week healing

Reactions: Quavarius
Great news...I pray he plays at VT next Tuesday but understand if they hold him out

These jokies fans were making jokes all days about the injury but the same ones bitch and gripe about Robinson being out for them...pathetic

Needless to say with or without Zion I hope we beat these chumps by 50pts next Tuesday

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
He’ll play when healthy. We’ll see him in a Duke jersey again.

A lot of people keep saying “Can’t wait to see Zion in the NBA”....I can. I don’t understand these NBA fans. It sucks.

Reactions: pisgah101
3f3ZIHS.jpg

I decided to not start a new thread, but here is something to think about.

Nike has lost over $1B in market valuation since yesterday. I am sure that Zion and his family are the most happy followed by Phil Knight and Nike followed by Duke.

I would hate to be the brand manager of the PG 2.5. I think they will need to look at what kind of force a 285 lb guy that is that quick with lateral speed puts on a shoe.

I have not been a fan of Nike for the past couple of months. This does not help. "tremendously concerned" is a vast understatement.

Nike has lost over $1B in market valuation since yesterday. I am sure that Zion and his family are the most happy followed by Phil Knight and Nike followed by Duke.

I would hate to be the brand manager of the PG 2.5. I think they will need to look at what kind of force a 285 lb guy that is that quick with lateral speed puts on a shoe.

I have not been a fan of Nike for the past couple of months. This does not help. "tremendously concerned" is a vast understatement.

It was just a fluke thing that happened with the shoe...nothing more than that...how many times has anyone heard of this happening before? ZERO

Just a fluke thing

It was just a fluke thing that happened with the shoe...nothing more than that...how many times has anyone heard of this happening before? ZERO

Just a fluke thing
Happened to an NBA guy I forgot his name but I heard it on TV this morning. Same kinda shoe Nike. I know it was a normal 200lb guy....?

Just a fluke thing

Zion is the fluke....I will bet $$ that Nike will say, "Zion is a different beast...he puts more stress on the shoe and he is so strong and fast that we will need to create a special shoe to accomodate his uniqueness."

Otherwise, Nike will look foolish and defensive.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

It's hurt them for sure, LT.

oiEqWmm.jpg

OFC

Saw that earlier in the day Nike stock had dropped nearly 2 percent. Not sure how it ended up.

Zion is the fluke....I will bet $$ that Nike will say, "Zion is a different beast...he puts more stress on the shoe and he is so strong and fast that we will need to create a special shoe to accomodate his uniqueness."

That's exactly what they'll do, LT. NIKE: "We've got our engineers on the job right now to develop a shoe that can withstand the force of nature that is Zion. Of course the shoe may cost a little more, but our customers will be willing to pay the price for peace of mind".

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: LTDukeFan
Not the first time it’s happened. Cheaply made so I head. 1$ cheap lol

I don't think it's possible to make them that cheaply, Ipsy, even with slave labor. And you've got all the overhead involved with the Nike ads, and endorsements which are incredibly expensive. But I'm sure they make a hefty return on each pair.

OFC

I posted this on another thread but its an interesting read from ESPN based on Paul George calling Nike to see what the hell happened. Nike people are basically like "Hey, he is so big it was a fluke!" And more info on big players and players with past leg injuries like Embid have special shoes made for them. They speculate someone like Zion (big, heavy, explosive) may have a custom shoe in the NBA for his size. Happy for Mt. Zion!
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-went-wrong-pg-25-shoe-zion-williamson-injury

I agree with this

I don't think it's possible to make them that cheaply, Ipsy, even with slave labor. And you've got all the overhead involved with the Nike ads, and endorsements which are incredibly expensive. But I'm sure they make a hefty return on each pair.

OFC
I guess they were talking about the material I don’t know.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I have a question. If Zion and his family decided to shut it down for the rest of the year would Duke require him to pay back the $200,000.00 they paid him to come to Duke or would it be pro-rated. OFC

I think they would probably pro-rate, Sky...so I guess about a 100 grand would do it.

OFC

I saw that Paul George called Nike to find out what was going on...I'm sure he didnt want his name associated to such a debacle. Nice touch from him.

....and arent we all day to day? ;-)

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT