ADVERTISEMENT

Zion *obviously* not sitting out season

My souvenir!!

25NB0aL.png

h0Majal.png
It's pretty insane to realize CDu is in his mid-30s and the 2001 title was half his life ago.

It's pretty insane to realize CDu is in his mid-30s and the 2001 title was half his life ago.

It really doesn't seem that long ago does it? I watched the replay last night of Duke - Syracuse in the 1989 ACC-Big East challenge and started remembering how old I was then and what all was different for me now....it's crazy

It really doesn't seem that long ago does it? I watched the replay last night of Duke - Syracuse in the 1989 ACC-Big East challenge and started remembering how old I was then and what all was different for me now....it's crazy
What hits me even harder is that Shane is FORTY!
And hitting harder still, the 2-day old I held in one arm while pumping my other arm in the air as the clock wound down in the 2001 championship game is heading to college next year!

Reactions: springsportster
And hitting harder still, the 2-day old I held in one arm while pumping my other arm in the air as the clock wound down in the 2001 championship game is heading to college next year!

Hahaha!

You're old dude!! Accept the inevitable!!!

Going to Duke on a basketball scholarship????

I will say this -- the projected shoe contract for Zion was $90-$100m before the blowout. Now that this happened, I am thinking $125-$145m range. Nike will want him bad to save face and others will want him bad to rub it in Nike's face. Zion is in the cat-bird seat.

Bingo!

Can’t beat the comfort of FJ. Ain’t ever been some flashy dresser but I like the sleek appearance of TW’s.

Speaking of golf, you ever played at the Washington Duke course? My old man played there a few years ago and brought me a scoreboard. Said it’s one of the best courses he’s played... Which is a pretty high remark coming from a golf nut like him.
The Duke course is lot of fun to play. It's been a few years since I played it but the starter said Battier and some other players spent time there

The irony here is that all the arch support, shock absorbency, stability control, etc built into the soles is total BS. It is what is ruining our feet and leads to most foot injuries. The one thing a basketball shoe should not do is blow out laterally like his did.

Listen, Nike has been really good to us at Duke. We have some of the nicest facilities in the world. Come on... the Michael Krzyzewski Fitness Center at Nike World? Not sure I’d be so fast to trash them.

Agreed. The fact that Nike reps were on campus for a meeting right after Zion's fall shows a commitment that is hard to criticize. A boycott would accomplish nothing and a switch to another brand would be pointless.

When I played ball, it was in Nikes. I run now, it is in Nikes. Same with strength training.

I'm not sure why there always seems to be such an intense-dislike on message boards for the company.

Agreed. The fact that Nike reps were on campus for a meeting right after Zion's fall shows a commitment that is hard to criticize. A boycott would accomplish nothing and a switch to another brand would be pointless.

When I played ball, it was in Nikes. I run now, it is in Nikes. Same with strength training.

I'm not sure why there always seems to be such an intense-dislike on message boards for the company.
I cannot run in nikes. My preference is saucony. Best running shoe I’ve ever owned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT