ADVERTISEMENT

Zion *obviously* not sitting out season

3 games. I'm not an expert by any means but shouldn't they be made to withstand 3 games. Just saying. OFC
You would think. A couple weeks ago, I actually researched how often NBA players switch out shoes, and 3 games is about the norm for most of the players. But I doubt the NBA players switch their shoes every 3 games because they will blow up by the 4th game.

I wonder if Zion practiced in these shoes too? If he did, I would say with his size and style of play, 3 games plus practices is probably a lot for one pair of shoes.. regardless, they should have maybe started to tear a little, instead of completely exploding.

I’ve worn the same pair of Nike basketball shoes for 5 years. What gives?? (Ok maybe playing 6 pickup games a year doesn’t quite wear them out the way Zion’s do when he flexes his big toe)

Reactions: Dattier
Zion%20Zike.jpg

OFC

Listen, Nike has been really good to us at Duke. We have some of the nicest facilities in the world. Come on... the Michael Krzyzewski Fitness Center at Nike World? Not sure I’d be so fast to trash them.

Stupid to mention that he used the shoes for 3 games. They should last significantly longer if needed. But the bottom line is that it’s a FLUKE - it just so happened to the biggest name in sports right now. I’m not going to stop buying Nike shoes or apparel because of something that virtually never happens.

Of course Nike owes Zion an apology (which clearly was done) but the bandwagon boycott is stupid.

Listen, Nike has been really good to us at Duke. We have some of the nicest facilities in the world. Come on... the Michael Krzyzewski Fitness Center at Nike World? Not sure I’d be so fast to trash them.
Nike has been great to Duke. It was a freak accident caused by a freak of nature. Nike shouldn’t get all this flak they’re getting.

Anytime a player gets injured, people automatically blame the shoe company. Question: What shoe company was Derrick Rose signed under when he went through one of the most well documented string of injuries ever? Not Nike, but it was Adidas. In a game that revolves around jumping, cutting, changing directions, etc. of course there’s going to be a lot of lower extremity injuries. Unfortunately, it seems like we’ve suffered our fair share in recent years. Simply blaming a shoe company is weak though.

Reactions: Quavarius
They may be good to Duke but they’re trash to the rest of the world.

Reactions: Dattier
Anytime a player gets injured, people automatically blame the shoe company. Question: What shoe company was Derrick Rose signed under when he went through one of the most well documented string of injuries ever? Not Nike, but it was Adidas. In a game that revolves around jumping, cutting, changing directions, etc. of course there’s going to be a lot of lower extremity injuries. Unfortunately, it seems like we’ve suffered our fair share in recent years. Simply blaming a shoe company is weak though.
What shoe did rose blow out of ?

I wore Keds as a kid. They were buff. Other kids wore P. F. Flyers but I never saw one of those kids fly. I had a black pair until I wore them out. Then I got a white pair until I wore them out. It was whitecKeds from there on out because I did feel I was faster and could jump higher. I wore them until they smelled so bad my mom through them out. Then I wore Chucks. I've worn Adidas , Riddell, Pumas and Reebok but never Nike. OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Nike always fell apart for me regardless of the sport. I haven't bought anything but New Balance since the summer of 2000 for jogging. Never had a problem with NB, but I don't think they make basketball shoes.

I will say this -- the projected shoe contract for Zion was $90-$100m before the blowout. Now that this happened, I am thinking $125-$145m range. Nike will want him bad to save face and others will want him bad to rub it in Nike's face. Zion is in the cat-bird seat.

There’s no chance Zion signs with anyone but Nike. The money they can offer him is arms above what Adidas and others. They will offer him something only a financial idiot could refuse. Nike is a clever company and upon Zion signing, they will build an insane sneaker marketed on durability and injury prevention. It’ll be one of the most profitable lines of shoes in history. Book it.

There’s no chance Zion signs with anyone but Nike. The money they can offer him is arms above what Adidas and others. They will offer him something only a financial idiot could refuse. Nike is a clever company and upon Zion signing, they will build an insane sneaker marketed on durability and injury prevention. It’ll be one of the most profitable lines of shoes in history. Book it.

I agree with this and I have never owned a players line of shoe, but I'm gonna have me some Zion's!

I agree with this and I have never owned a players line of shoe, but I'm gonna have me some Zion's!

Same... Own a couple pairs of Tiger’s tour and zoom golf shoes, but that’s it. Which is funny coming from a Mickelson fan.

Won a pair of Jordans a few years ago. Couldn’t tell ya how they worked on the court but I’ve reeled in a few bass and yellow pike in those bad boys.

Reactions: Kobe #1
Same... Own a couple pairs of Tiger’s tour and zoom golf shoes, but that’s it. Which is funny coming from a Mickelson fan.

Won a pair of Jordans a few years ago. Couldn’t tell ya how they worked on the court but I’ve reeled in a few bass and yellow pike in those bad boys.

I typically wear Puma sneakers and for golf, Puma or my Footjoy tours .....if I'm on the boat fishing, typically there's no shoes!

Reactions: germantondevil
I typically wear Puma sneakers and for golf, Puma or my Footjoy tours .....if I'm on the boat fishing, typically there's no shoes!
thats right flops are the only shoe allowed in my boat and that’s just for the emergency run into the woods and you know what I’m talking about if you fish

Reactions: DukefanKY

Can’t beat the comfort of FJ. Ain’t ever been some flashy dresser but I like the sleek appearance of TW’s.

Speaking of golf, you ever played at the Washington Duke course? My old man played there a few years ago and brought me a scoreboard. Said it’s one of the best courses he’s played... Which is a pretty high remark coming from a golf nut like him.

Can’t beat the comfort of FJ. Ain’t ever been some flashy dresser but I like the sleek appearance of TW’s.

Speaking of golf, you ever played at the Washington Duke course? My old man played there a few years ago and brought me a scoreboard. Said it’s one of the best courses he’s played... Which is a pretty high remark coming from a golf nut like him.

I've seen the course, but never played it. I parked there when I went to CTC in October. Looked great.

I got to play with Chris Duhon at his home course before he left West Va last year. That was a nice course.
And Chris was SUPER cool. If you didn't know who he was, you wouldn't know he wasn't just some average Joe.

And you could tell everyone there loved him. Every old man that rode past us had to stop and give him crap!

I believe he, the guy that got me in on that, myself, and a few others are going to Pinehurst this spring.

I've seen the course, but never played it. I parked there when I went to CTC in October. Looked great.

I got to play with Chris Duhon at his home course before he left West Va last year. That was a nice course.
And Chris was SUPER cool. If you didn't know who he was, you wouldn't know he wasn't just some average Joe.

And you could tell everyone there loved him. Every old man that rode past us had to stop and give him crap!

I believe he, the guy that got me in on that, myself, and a few others are going to Pinehurst this spring.

Jealous. Wasn’t even aware that Duhon played. That’s awesome though. I’ve played some courses that host PGA events but never a big name like Pinehurst. Playing #2? Have fun!

Jealous. Wasn’t even aware that Duhon played. That’s awesome though. I’ve played some courses that host PGA events but never a big name like Pinehurst. Playing #2? Have fun!

I have no idea which one we are playing.

Yeah, he plays a ton. Loves it

I used RJ fish them.....not as big as Those, just local clubs. I was running an Allison.....don't do it anymore. Now I'm Ina pontoon fishing for cats!!
I here ya nothing wrong with that. Both of my boys chose the golf thing so I spend most of my time with them cussing that little ball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT