ADVERTISEMENT

Zion is officially out for UNC game

If contact in practice is needed before he plays again it will have to come on Monday or Tuesday as I assume Wednesday is a travel day. If he does not have contact during those times I assume he doesn’t play.

Reactions: sheyduke
Bring on UNC and the rest. Let’s see some fight and pride and confidence. Zion is superhuman, but in case you didn’t notice we still have done pretty good players and they still have D U K E across their chests.

Let’s go Duke!!!

Another duke star to never really play in a duke unc game. Super disappointed, without Zion unc will sweep. There’s no reason that he can’t play limited minutes. This may be the only ever time he gets to experience a game of this magnitude and just like that it’s gone. Oh well. I’m going to root for this team as hard as I can but we don’t have a chance the way this team has been playing.

K said he’s playing next week idk why you don’t believe that
He did not..he said on the progression he’s on he would be surprised if he’s doubtful for the tournament..

I think he will play..but I can see a scenario where it comes out that he had a “set back” and is out for the ACC tourney and ncaa’s..it’s not far fetched idea for some to have..I do think there is more going on here than just the injury..

Reactions: sheyduke
This was really announced yesterday if you listen to the press conference. Not sure why the waiting another day to say the same thing that could of been sated then.

Reactions: pisgah101
Another duke star to never really play in a duke unc game. Super disappointed, without Zion unc will sweep. There’s no reason that he can’t play limited minutes. This may be the only ever time he gets to experience a game of this magnitude and just like that it’s gone. Oh well. I’m going to root for this team as hard as I can but we don’t have a chance the way this team has been playing.
There's reason not to play limited minutes if he's not 100%. I get it, I want him to play too. I'm pissed that cheater u doesn't have to play against him.......but I think he will be back. There is a bigger picture

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
You should have seen college game day a minute ago. They announced Zion won’t play the crowd went crazy!! Hahaaha

Reactions: PixelDevil
He did not..he said on the progression he’s on he would be surprised if he’s doubtful for the tournament..

I think he will play..but I can see a scenario where it comes out that he had a “set back” and is out for the ACC tourney and ncaa’s..it’s not far fetched idea for some to have..I do think there is more going on here than just the injury..

How do you have a set back from the “injury” you don’t. He’ll play stop the negative Nancy

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3

He is done at Duke. This is nothing more than politicians playing poker...I have a nice big plate for crow if I am wrong. No sources but this entire ordeal was weird from day one, which is fishy to me...

That sucks, I really thought he would come back against Wake in limited in minutes and play the whole UNx game. I sound like a broken record player at this point, and I know it's easier said than done, but other people need to step up. This is gonna be a tough one

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Cam Reddish is going full BALLER mode tonight, just wait.
Cam went for 27 last game on 10-23 and 4-12 from 3. I'm hoping Duke somehow pulls this game out, but I'll be happy if Cam can give us another 27. Somebody else is going to have to step up big time tonight. I just feel somewhow, they will get it done tonight.

The big prize is still out there. Win or lose tonight, we should meet the cheaters in the ACCT in the #2 vs #3 matchup. I want Zion back for THAT game and the NCAA tournament.

We are not losing after tonight (if we lose).
Exactly! If they loose tonight, it won't bother me one bit. You have to be really slow to know it wouldn't happen if Duke was healthy. I just want to see a better fight than the first game. The cheats will see Duke at full strength in due time.

Reactions: layneja
I hope he isn’t being held out just because he hasn’t had contact in practice.. if that’s the case, I wish they would let him play 10-12 min today, even if it’s just to go out there and get rebounds and defend in the paint.

Go back and watch the last 10 mins against Louisville. THAT’S the Cam we are gonna see for 40 minutes. Bring it Cam!!
Funny, you mentioned this. I just watched the last 11 min of that game after watching the Army game again.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I got 0 confidence in this game. I said the same thing against UVA without Tre though so .....:)

Agree, he never said he was for sure back in the acc tournmanet. A setback would not shock me at all.

Reactions: christophero
Why play a guy who hasn't played a minute for 2 weeks, in a high intensity game, when you have 5 more days of practice to be sure he's 100% for the important games? I fully support the decision to sit Zion.

Also, for Duke's seeding, if Zion comes back and leads Duke to an ACC title, as I expect he will, then the losses without him will be largely discounted by the NCAA. So there's that.

I also want Cam locking down bitch ass Lurch Maye. Our problem last game other than the Zion shockwave, was the lack of ANY interior resistance and this group has now played together for 5 games without Zion and has faced the Uncheat Tarholes...there will be a different outcome this time around, book it.

Says the guy with 13 post
What does that matter? Does my opinion carry more weight if I post more? Don’t be so arrogant. I have a write up I am doing to recap an amazing trip I had to Cameron for the UNC game. Unfortunately, I had some really personal issues come up with my family that has had me MIA. I had intended to post more often so guys like you would respect me. Smh.

Reactions: christophero
I also want Cam locking down bitch ass Lurch Maye. Our problem last game other than the Zion shockwave, was the lack of ANY interior resistance and this group has now played together for 5 games without Zion and has faced the Uncheat Tarholes...there will be a different outcome this time around, book it.
Agree. The air was out of the building and we didn’t respond well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT