ADVERTISEMENT

Zion in the fold- w/Jav's jersey?

Me and Z being from the same city makes it all that more sweeter for me. I was at my friend's house in Atlanta watching his commitment presser and I told my friend that he won't pick us but I am happy for him wherever he goes because he is a home town boy and when he slipped on the Duke hat I lost my shit. After screaming hell yeah for about 30 seconds I let out a "F... Kentucky! F...UNC!" . It was pure bliss.

Last edited:
Me and Z being from the same city makes it all that more sweeter for me. I was at my friend's house in Atlanta watching his commitment presser and I told my friend that he won't pick us but I am happy for him wherever he goes because he is a home town boy and when he slipped on the Duke hast I lost my shit. After screaming hell yeah for about 30 seconds I let out a "F... Kentucky! F...UNC!" . It was pure bliss.
I was all over him going somewhere else.Best tasting crow I have ever had and was glad to have it

No, no, no. RR said this wouldn’t happen. They always get it right. Must be a mistake.

Reactions: GillJET
But but but the Conspiratory Company of R.R. told me he wasn't signing with Duke? They are the most knowledgeable fanbase and are never wrong.

Even after Zion goes for 20 against UK in November, they are still gonna think he will be playing in Lexington for the second semester.

Reactions: Quavarius
A little weird him sporting the same jersey worn by Javin.
That does seem a bit strange. Maybe he talked to Javin about wearing #12 and Javin agreed to let him wear it and will be wearing a different number or maybe they could’ve chose that just to show that he’s officially a part of Duke. I guess we’ll find out when they announce the numbers that our incoming freshmen will be wearing.

Reactions: hart2chesson
That does seem a bit strange. Maybe he talked to Javin about wearing #12 and Javin agreed to let him wear it and will be wearing a different number or maybe they could’ve chose that just to show that he’s officially a part of Duke. I guess we’ll find out when they announce the numbers that our incoming freshmen will be wearing.

Javin wearing a different number. I’m sure the staff made him give it up for Zion. Or maybe he volunteered because he knew the staff really wanted Zion

Good points Diehard. I am just an old purist on these things, and prefer the status quo and tradition in sports per jersey numbers.

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Have a hard time seeing the staff forcing Javin to give up the number.

I could see Zion asking and Javin agreeing with it but to say the staff forced a junior to give up his number for six months to a freshman is harsh.

The only number I care about is #6.
We didn't get it when 35 came down from the rafters? I read somewhere where he would outplay Ayton, and we beat Arizona in the title game. Maybe that was inaccurate.

We didn't get it when 35 came down from the rafters? I read somewhere where he would outplay Ayton, and we beat Arizona in the title game. Maybe that was inaccurate.
fde.jpg

Honestly grasshopper, you act EXACTLY, I mean EXACTLY, like tar heel fans. The only difference in you and the thousand heel fans I've encountered here in North Carolina is the shade of blue you pull for.

Good points Diehard. I am just an old purist on these things, and prefer the status quo and tradition in sports per jersey numbers.

OFC
I agree. It’s weird to me seeing players changing jersey numbers in the middle of their time playing at Duke because you get used to seeing them wearing a certain number.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Or that could just be the number he chose for his photo shoot.....switch to #42 jav

Jav's a good guy and team mate. I'd like to see him wear one of the numbers in the 50's . OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
I may be wrong but it seems to me when he came to Duke he was wanting #21 but since Amile.got his extra year he took #12. Maybe he is wanting to change to #21.
Bob Riedy changed from #22 to #15 for his Junior year and Phil Henderson from #44 to # 3. Andre Dawkins changed to #34. Maybe it is like a new start for guys that change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT