ADVERTISEMENT

Your All Under-appreciated Duke Team

One of my top 5 all time favorite movies!! I bet I have seen it at least 25 times and can quote about every line in it!!!!.........sinner!!!

David McClure
Tyler Thornton
Lee Melchionne
Brian Zoubek
Sean Dochery

Reactions: skysdad
I absolutely loved Kyle. Tough as nails. I'm surprised you listed him as I felt like he was just about everyone's favorite player all 4 years he was here. It may just be personal bias though, haha.

Meant to get back to this yesterday, but forgot.

I think it depends on people's perceptions of what 'under-appreciated' means. It could mean two different things to you and I. I just remember Kyle as a freshman playing a lot of minutes at center out of necessity. Really, until his junior season he never got a chance to play his natural position. He laid it on the line every night and did what was asked of him. It paid off, long term.

Grant Hill was another of my picks that probably made people shake their heads. That 1994 team was by far the least talented of the 12 K has taken to the Final Four. It was also, at the time, the seventh trip to the Final Four in nine years. In that respect, I think it was Duke fans taking the season, and even Grant, a little for granted, no pun intended. We probably weren't a tournament team without him, yet we came 'oh so close' to winning the whole damn thing.

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT