ADVERTISEMENT

Who you guys cheering for? Anyone? Both teams are garbage cheaters...

It does make the weeks after we lose brutal, as one by one guys declare. And there is always the one guy who waits til the end and then declares anyway. Maybe we get lucky and get 2 back.
100% Banchero and Griffin are gone. 99% Williams is gone. 90% Keels is gone. 85% Moore is gone. Roach will have to lead a very inexperienced group.

Reactions: christophero
Gonzaga was pretty loaded and still got the Iowa State kid to transfer there.. It can be done. I'm pretty sure Jon does not want to start his first season with 4 freshman in the line up.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I am beginning to think that Banchero will be the only decent pro on our team. Maybe AJ but he's so up and down. AJ could use another year but that won't happen. Guys that leave after one year have such a big learning curve for the most part. A lot never make that ground up. Obviously Banchero is ready.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
UNC short bench did them in.
Duke as good as any team, just didn’t break their way. Hopefully Cheats players all leave too but doubtful. .

The only better possible result for last night would have been if both teams lost. The two dirtiest programs in the country.

Moore is back, mark it down. The rest are gone. Moore and Roach team captains.....and the new march towards #6 starts in November. In other news Joey Baker will have an epic season at Davidson, average 24 a game, shoot 53% from 3, and lead them to an NCAA berth. :)

I’ve had to cheer against UNC in the title game three times since Duke was last there…Hoping Scheyer changes that….

I’ve had to cheer against UNC in the title game three times since Duke was last there…Hoping Scheyer changes that….
The bright side of that is they lost 2/3 of those. Their win on Saturday doesn't mean shit now. They had to win last night for it to matter. I woke up feeling a bit more chipper today. Doesn't take the pain away, but it eases it to know they have nothing but what we have, a FF.

Last edited:
The bright side of that is they lost 2/3 of those. Their win on Saturday doesn't mean shit now. They had to win last night for it to matter. I woke up feeling a bit more chipper today. Doesn't take the pain away, but it eases it to know they have nothing but what we have, a FF.

I agree

Reading the ESPN article ( maybe a UNC alum journalist)..sounds like the cheats suffered some unfortunate breaks...Love's ankle, Bacot's ankle at the end, Manek stumbling on the final shot and some other player getting sick....just shows that Karma truly does exist.

Reading the ESPN article ( maybe a UNC alum journalist)..sounds like the cheats suffered some unfortunate breaks...Love's ankle, Bacot's ankle at the end, Manek stumbling on the final shot and some other player getting sick....just shows that Karma truly does exist.
Awww poor babies

Reactions: KDSTONE
So, just Roach and Blakes, (possibly Baker), will be back for next season with the recruits we have coming in. Does Jon go after some high profile transfers? I've seen that he's been active over the last few weeks knowing what is coming with the mass exodus on the horizon.

AJ is gonna have to get more dog in him at some point if he is to succeed in the league. Unfortunately usually you either have it or you don’t.
See, I think he, Moore, and Keels should all come back. We would be loaded and a favorite to cut them down if we picked up a big in the transfer portal. I just know it's not happening. Roach is the only starter who will be back. Blakes, (who Jon is very high on), will have a role off the bench. Joey is who he is. He either stays and plays spot minutes, or goes to a small D1 school to actually start. Is what it is. AJ would be a freaking superstar next season if he returned. But it's not happening. Only the holes some how get their 5 star players to return every single ****ing year.

So, just Roach and Blakes, (possibly Baker), will be back for next season with the recruits we have coming in. Does Jon go after some high profile transfers? I've seen that he's been active over the last few weeks knowing what is coming with the mass exodus on the horizon.
2 players retuning. 2 effing players returning. Guys it’s got to change. Duke needs to figure out how to get older and and create a stable roster year in and year out

Thank God Jeremy didn’t have a great FF or he’s also be testing the waters

Reactions: KDSTONE
We better hit the portal or else Keenan Worthington will be the 7th man

Reactions: christophero
I'm half joking here, but maybe we should check the mock drafts for the next few years and recruit 3 or 4 guys from the best remaining players.. That seems to be what UNC and Villanova do. Although we kind of did that last year, but then recruited over those guys. Still get one or two one and dones. Just have more balance. I would like to cheer for more than one or two returning players. If we score 3 good guys in the transfer market that will help, but we will still have massive turnover once again the following year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT