ADVERTISEMENT

Trimble vs Grandison

I don't know much about your guy. I did just read an article in the News and Observer about Grandison. He is healthy now and has been playing for a few weeks. He was recovering from a shoulder injury he had late last year. I'm pretty high on him. With Whitehead out I had him penciled in as a starter. But Mitchell has looked very good and people are raving about Proctor, so i'm not sure. If I had to guess Proctor and Grandison will start until Whitehead is back. Grandison should be able to average between 8-12 points, depending on his minutes.

Last edited:
Trimble is not my guy. I am from Syracuse! As a freshman guard, he could start on a bunch of ACC teams. Not sure where he gets his pt behind Love and Davis. And no way UNC goes to a three guard lineup. Word on the street is that he is having an excellent summer.
Not sure what to make of Grandison or Proctor. I listened to the 5 point play podcast this morning and they think Proctor is the guy.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Trimble is not my guy. I am from Syracuse! As a freshman guard, he could start on a bunch of ACC teams. Not sure where he gets his pt behind Love and Davis. And no way UNC goes to a three guard lineup. Word on the street is that he is having an excellent summer.
Not sure what to make of Grandison or Proctor. I listened to the 5 point play podcast this morning and they think Proctor is the guy.

Just for the record, I’m a Tar Heel & I’m higher on Dunn than Trimble. I’m in the minority with my own fan base I know. I think both Trimble & Dunn will get their opportunities in 6-12 (total game minutes) min spans, but my thought is Trimble will have to wait until next year to show out.

I really don't know much about UNC, other than the returning guys. My understanding is they are bringing several 4 stars to a loaded team. We are young but loaded, but bring Grandison and Young for experience. Young has looked very good in scrimmages. Grandison is finally healthy. Mitchell and Proctor are living up to their billing; so I think we will be very good. We also have Roach, and Lively and Flip and Whitehead when he returns.

Last edited:
UNC needs speed. I was banned again from IC for saying that. Trimble is really quick and well above average speed from end to end. Sophomore Dontrez Styles is the only other elite athlete on the team. UNC has only four guards. Davis and Love return and will play most of the minutes. Trimble's speed gives him an advantage over Dunn. Trimble will be a tremendous player. Just don't know if it will be this year.

Grandison is a certain contributor if he is healthy. Probably between 15 and 25 minutes per game. Trimble's variance is much greater. Anywhere between 5 and 25 minutes per game

Reactions: Hammertime57
UNC needs speed. I was banned again from IC for saying that. Trimble is really quick and well above average speed from end to end. Sophomore Dontrez Styles is the only other elite athlete on the team. UNC has only four guards. Davis and Love return and will play most of the minutes. Trimble's speed gives him an advantage over Dunn. Trimble will be a tremendous player. Just don't know if it will be this year.

Grandison is a certain contributor if he is healthy. Probably between 15 and 25 minutes per game. Trimble's variance is much greater. Anywhere between 5 and 25 minutes per game
That makes a lot of sense to me. He will certainly get more than 5 mpg. I would to see him average 20 mpg.

I'm excited to see what Grandison brings to this team. Carolina is stacked, and they should be ashamed of themselves if they don't make the FF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT