ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Iowa over UNC

Sorry we must of been posting at the same time....that was funny!

Watching Unc play there Isnt much difference from them last year. There is so much game tap out on how to slow down Unc they may give teams advantage when scouting. No real threat right now with out Paige

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Getting Paige back will help them a lot.

But still, this had to be a little alarming for Heels fans. I've said all along that I think they're one of the favorites this season, but they don't look a whole lot different from the team that lost a dozen games last year. Berry is their wildcard....and he still looks very ordinary.

Just saw this like ten minutes ago. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! Old gary-7 is probably sitting at his keyboard right now just a going ape shit. Face beet red, smoke rolling out of his ears......lollllll. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

10959824_10155174204210790_3119832862205381537_n_zps9059d842.jpg

Getting Paige back will help them a lot.

But still, this had to be a little alarming for Heels fans. I've said all along that I think they're one of the favorites this season, but they don't look a whole lot different from the team that lost a dozen games last year. Berry is their wildcard....and he still looks very ordinary.

You folks have seen Paige much more than our fans........How much difference will he make?
If he's so great, why is he still waiting to be drafted? Just asking.

Paige is a very good college player. He's just undersized for the NBA. Kind of like Quinn for us last year or Nolan four years ago.

Growing up in the state of NC, the media loves the tarheels here.
Frankly it's quite sickening. Same with Paige. He's a good college guard, but certainly not what the media makes him out to be IMO.

OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze
Growing up in the state of NC, the media loves the tarheels here.
Frankly it's quite sickening. Same with Paige. He's a good college guard, but certainly not what the media makes him out to be IMO.

OFC

I live in the Raleigh area and one of the local news stations always sings UNC praises and quick to throw a ref blame when they lose.

I was pretty bummed out about the UNX football team beating VT in OT until I turned to the game thread on UNHole forum. I am so delighted because the Tar Turds have done nothing except talk smack since the UK game. They have made fun of Ingram's defense, Allen and his head flopping, and our lack of great guards like they have, right Gary wink, wink. Note to Gary 7, Steat, Imagerico, Keysersoup, Chapellheeled and a few other special ones. You reap what you sew when your players are the same players you had last year. Could this be the year Clemson gets a victory in the Nose Dome.

Last edited:
Like I've been saying, this is the same 12 loss team from last year. Same players, same coach, same result

My thoughts also, couldn't understand the # 1 rating..
Really don't see anyone yet that stands out...........need more quality opponents before rating become meaningful.
UK will be the new #1 with 1 quality win.. That will last at least until our next quality opponent.
Hopefully we can hold service.....UCLA away........UL @ home.......KU away..
LSU.......VANDY..........TAM.. ..will be big conference challenges.

I cannot even access THR to check out the meltdown. Nothing more comical than hole fans after a terrible loss. I have lived in this rivalry my whole life and I never get Enuff of a hole loss

I cannot even access THR to check out the meltdown. Nothing more comical than hole fans after a terrible loss. I have lived in this rivalry my whole life and I never get Enuff of a hole loss[/QUOTE

If banned.........just log off.......you can still read......at least, I can.

The unx comments are unreal. Look , it's early but this a bad loss. That's ALL it is...a loss. But a "bad" one nonetheless. Some of the comments are hyping this game AND NIU. "Roy's gutsy scheduling." "True road game!" "K won't schedule these kinds of games" "Marcus was hurt!" yada yada yada. Just sack up and take it. They took an L to a bad team. The fact Paige was hurt or it was a road game are immaterial. UNI is bad and unx is the number 1 team in the country. No excuses. Also...it speaks volumes about how the mighty have fallen when unx'ers hype a ranking as if it were a title. Geez Louise , act like ya been there before. Schools such as unx ( and Duke and UK etc ) are SUPPOSED to have high rankings. It's business as usual. Hole fans treatin' it like they actually WON something. Like I said....oh how the mighty have fallen. lulz

Last edited:
Not feeling so well, but this helps cheer me up a little. I've said it (and others have too), but I'm not sold on UNC being one of the elite teams.

They are very dangerous (just like last year), and are capable of beating anyone...but they're not mentally tough at closing games. Just because you're a year older doesn't translate into mental toughness. It's what separates the men from the boys.

Now they may still correct it, but losing this game much like many of the games they lost last year has to be a concern to the Heels, and their fans. 'Course I'm loving it, as all of us Duke fans.

OFC

Not feeling so well, but this helps cheer me up a little. I've said it (and others have too), but I'm not sold on UNC being one of the elite teams.

They are very dangerous (just like last year), and are capable of beating anyone...but they're not mentally tough at closing games. Just because you're a year older doesn't translate into mental toughness. It's what separates the men from the boys.

Now they may still correct it, but losing this game much like many of the games they lost last year has to be a concern to the Heels, and their fans. 'Course I'm loving it, as all of us Duke fans.

OFC
I agree. IMO nothing has changed. Roy is still coaching the same way and hasn't changed. As long that stays the same they'll still be a subpar team with the elite status that is pumped up by the media. I hope they never win another game and the NCAA rips every banner of that joke of a state university.

GTHC!!! Let's Go Duke!!!

I swear I just read somewhere that UNC would be No.1 from start to finish. Kinda like the kid from American Pie with the hot exchange student. Maybe next time. Or maybe they could just use the Nanner Pudin if they can't find any pie.

I think we're going to see UNC have another double digit loss season for their 4th straight double digit loss season and I'm going to love it if that happens.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT