ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Iowa over UNC

It may be early and they don't have page but I'll be honest if you are a national championship contender you don't drop these games no matter the circumstances. I really don't think we will have any real good teams this year In college basketball

No shame in losing to NI, Gary-7 had them as one of his FF picks alongside UNC, and every other team that UNC eventually loses to, with the exception of Duke.

HOF Coach Roy Williams schedules no cup cakes and Northern Iowa is no cup cake and he took his Tar Heels there into one of the toughest places to play in the country. Expect Northern Iowa to make a strong run at the dance. I think in the Gary-7 poll when it comes out on Monday you will see Northern Iowa ranked #2 behind UK. But to be real it's hard to beat anyone that has 8 players on the court at one time. Once again the officiating was horrible. If John Swoffard had a hand in it the crew would have been suspended. OFC

12243446_10208434902853142_4384099725308204203_n_zpsxrapvtos.jpg

Getting Paige back will help them a lot.

But still, this had to be a little alarming for Heels fans. I've said all along that I think they're one of the favorites this season, but they don't look a whole lot different from the team that lost a dozen games last year. Berry is their wildcard....and he still looks very ordinary.
Are they really that dependent on one player? I did not watch the game .

Growing up in the state of NC, the media loves the tarheels here.
Frankly it's quite sickening. Same with Paige. He's a good college guard, but certainly not what the media makes him out to be IMO.

OFC
Yes , the media does love them. When I went to work for an NC newspaper in the late '60's, they had the only J school in the state. The editor and most of the reporters were UNC grads. How would you like to work in that atmosphere? We finally began to get some reporters from USC and UGA J schools, but , the biggest majority were still from Tarhole tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT