ADVERTISEMENT

Next year predictions

that guy the just landed is that low?? The one that they're like ingram who over?! HAHAHA!!! I didn't realize that

yup ranked even lower by rivals (89) and luke maye isnt even in top 150 there lol
unc got a lot worse losing tokoto and gaining two benchwarmers

I really hadn't looked into him but reading there board you'd think it was the second coming of MJ

I'm guessing top 10 for preseason polls. Maybe at #5. I think the 15/16 team will need time to gel. I see next years team with 4-7 losses heading into NCAA Tourney. We make it to at least the semis of ACC Tourney and could even win the ACC Tourney. I don't see an early exit (1st 2 rounds) with this team. I think we make Elite 8 run and if they gel really well.. a Final Four/Championship run.

I'm guessing top 10 for preseason polls. Maybe at #5. I think the 15/16 team will need time to gel. I see next years team with 4-7 losses heading into NCAA Tourney. We make it to at least the semis of ACC Tourney and could even win the ACC Tourney. I don't see an early exit (1st 2 rounds) with this team. I think we make Elite 8 run and if they gel really well.. a Final Four/Championship run.

x2

Who is transferring? Thats the first question
The only possible transfer that I can see would be Grayson if Luke gets more playing time through Christmas. I don't think that will happen and I believe Grayson will possibly start, but if he sees less than 20 minutes a game...it could be a possibility.

yup ranked even lower by rivals (89) and luke maye isnt even in top 150 there lol
unc got a lot worse losing tokoto and gaining two benchwarmers

UNC didn't get worse. They'll be better. If you really think that then you can't think Duke will be worth a darn next season. I expect Justin Jackson and Joel Berry to take significant leaps. Losing Tokoto really only hurts them with depth. One could actually argue his departure may even make them better if it's true he was a cancer in the lockerroom.

As for Grayson.....are we seriously talking about him transferring? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. He's not going anywhere. The only reason he's not here for four years is if he blows up and goes to the NBA.

I know it has already been addressed. But Grayson Allen transferring? I know the term is , I want some of what he's smoking, but I really don't want anything he is smoking.

The Kid was born to play for Duke.

UNC didn't get worse. They'll be better. If you really think that then you can't think Duke will be worth a darn next season. I expect Justin Jackson and Joel Berry to take significant leaps. Losing Tokoto really only hurts them with depth. One could actually argue his departure may even make them better if it's true he was a cancer in the lockerroom.

As for Grayson.....are we seriously talking about him transferring? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. He's not going anywhere. The only reason he's not here for four years is if he blows up and goes to the NBA.

Shortly after we got Thornton and Ingram I had a post being sarcastic on how soon we would have a post talking about playing time and transfers. Didn't take long did it. OFC

I think we'll be #5-7 pre-season (should be #5).

I think we will start slower than last year but will come on - but still have about 4 losses in the ACC.

I think we have a shot at the ACC title (post season) but hard to know.

We will likely be a 2 seed and I think we will make it to the elite 8. But, it's so hard to know how freshmen will adjust to the game at the college level. Last year we had three who had zero adjustment issues, one who finally came on late in the season. Don't think it will be that strong this year. But, who knows.

What's with these rumors all over the internet of Allen transferring??!!?!?! Any truth to this?!?!?!?!?

In reality, he has as good a chance as anyone to lead Duke in scoring next year. That honor will likely go to him or Ingram, but I definitely think Allen is a double-figure scorer next year. All he needs are the minutes.

What's with these rumors all over the internet of Allen transferring??!!?!?! Any truth to this?!?!?!?!?

In reality, he has as good a chance as anyone to lead Duke in scoring next year. That honor will likely go to him or Ingram, but I definitely think Allen is a double-figure scorer next year. All he needs are the minutes.
The internet can be a crazy place. I'm assuming they're the same rumors that said Roy turned down the Lakers job before K got interviewed. But who knows.

Getting back on topic, for next year- i'd expect to be a top 10 pre-season team. Where, i'm not exactly sure. Thornton, to me is the key. I think, personally, as much as I'd love to get back to the fnial four, everything builds to 2016-17. I think we'll have a solid season next year like we did Jabari & Rodney's season *but a better finish in the tourney. So much has to go right. But in 2016-17, i expect us to be back in the final 4 with who we're going to bring back and just as importantly- add.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT