ADVERTISEMENT

New or Old News - GG Jackson Flipping to South Carolina?

bmbritt

Cameron Crazy
Feb 5, 2003
Just hearing that he is flipping UNC to USCe and reclassifying to 2022. Didn’t see it posted on here. Have y’all heard this was happening?

Reactions: IOWABLUDEVIL
This all surfaced a week or so ago, so pretty new but not brand new. Is it official now?

Reactions: sheyduke
This all surfaced a week or so ago, so pretty new but not brand new. Is it official now?
Bunch of crystal balls have dropped on TOS and ON3 has it at 90% that he’s going to USCe. I’ve got friends that are pretty big boosters there and they said it’s basically done. His family is really pushing for him to go to USCe, but if UNC magically has a scholarship open up then who knows.

There was always chatter during his recruitment that he wanted to reclass. A lot of kids are going to take the quickest route to get to the league . He’s a modern era NBA pf. Sucks for Hubert but this is college basketball now a days.

Would he have to enroll in the difficult AFAM courses?
Hubert Davis went ballistic a couple of weeks ago saying that he would never take another early enrollee. He said that he was thrilled to have will Shaver on the team, but wished that he had not enrolled early

I was shocked by Davis' vehement comments. I figured that it was related to Jackson.

Jackson was rated #34 a year ago. He's now rated #1. Hubert Davis visited Jackson during the NCAA tournament. Jackson said that Duke was in his top 3, but was disappointed that Duke had not called during the tournament. Perhaps Duke thought something was fishy . I have no idea

Apparently Jackson completely dominated his recent events against high school stars. In the clips I've seen, he gets pushed andmoved pretty easily like he's hollow. The same thing used to happen to Blake Griffin. He was pretty terrific . Probably why they jump so high. They don't weigh much.

Anyway, a tremendous prospect for South Carolina. I'm sure that Hubert Davis is disappointed, but he was only "committed " for a couple of months. There's plenty of time to land replacements

Reactions: Devilinside
It’s not a blow to the unc program…

It takes a really good player off of the team for one season but there will be another 4 or 5 star to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
They just made the championship game and are preseason number one with 4 starters back. I hate them but right now they seem to be doing okay.
GG wasn't coming until 23 class and those four starters will more than likely be gone, with maybe the exception of their smaller guard. Make no mistake- losing the #1 overall kid is a big blow. I know he will reclass, but UNC has no more scholarships for this year.

As I said, the hole program needs NBA stars to be at its most formidable. MJ is old history to the young guys. If Zion remains healthy, he will become a superstar, helping Duke for many years to come. GG might become an NBA star, that is how his decision hurts them the most. I understand that they will be good this year regardless of GG going elsewhere. It's the big picture that I am talking about.

Reactions: geddoughton23
It was reported that Jackson was leaning toward South Carolina until Coach Frank Martin was fired. Frank Martin scares me and I worry about any person who has a close relationship with him ( i hear that he's actually a nice guy, but he looks scary and a bit crazy)

I also don't understand why South Carolina fired the coach who was in position to sign the #1 recruit. South Carolina was decent last year, a 17-12 record

I also find it difficult to believe that Jackson has all of the necessary requirements for University acceptance: SAT score, 4 high school English classes, 2 foreign language, 4 math, etc. He's only 17. He is in the proper grade. He spends every summer and weekend at tournaments.

Reactions: Fourteen44
I also find it difficult to believe that Jackson has all of the necessary requirements for University acceptance: SAT score, 4 high school English classes, 2 foreign language, 4 math, etc. He's only 17. He is in the proper grade. He spends every summer and weekend at tournaments.
I think that "SUPER STRICT" UNC admissions board would have found a way to slide Jackson under the door.... OFC

I think that "SUPER STRICT" UNC admissions board would have found a way to slide Jackson under the door.... OFC
I'm sure as well. I never understood why he committed so early. Why commit to UNC and play a senior high school season in SC. His high school wins the state title every other year even before he was on the team.

I think that he made a good final decision. He can play 10 minutes from home this year. He should get plenty of money from boosters. He will get plenty of playing time. Should not have committed so early but he probably learned something in the process

Reactions: 9dukejames
GG wasn't coming until 23 class and those four starters will more than likely be gone, with maybe the exception of their smaller guard. Make no mistake- losing the #1 overall kid is a big blow. I know he will reclass, but UNC has no more scholarships for this year.
It’s a really big hit from a perception basis. Shows that UNC still hasn’t figured out how to recruit top 5 recruits who are one and done. The only guy that they’ve landed in over 10 years is Cole Anthony. The last top two recruit that they actually had have an effect on their team was Harrison Barnes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT