ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III

Denver on your premise should we expect him to commit to Duke on his upcoming visit?? I mean I expect K would PUSH HARD for it DURING THE VISIT if he thinks its in best interest of his team.Duke and K have a pretty decent success rate of nailing down commits on visits....OFC
I'm a guy with no info, drinking beer after church. That said, I'm expecting a commitment a few days after his Duke visit.

Denver on your premise should we expect him to commit to Duke on his upcoming visit?? I mean I expect K would PUSH HARD for it DURING THE VISIT if he thinks its in best interest of his team.Duke and K have a pretty decent success rate of nailing down commits on visits....OFC

I'm with you Hart....Sounds to me like Denver GUARANTEEING a commit...I say if he's wrong, he buys a round for the room!!!

I tried to stay out of this debate about whether we should take him or not, but I gotta throw this in...Why would we NOT take him? If for no other reason than so our competition doesn't have him

Reactions: Quavarius
Actually.....I hope he is right and doesn't have to buy!!
I'm gonna call in to the local sports talk show here today and let the nation know that Marv is on his way to DUKE!!

Reactions: DukeDenver
I'm gonna call in to the local sports talk show here today and let the nation know that Marv is on his way to DUKE!!

Its going to get even more interesting w/his actual visit I am sure! OFC

Are u planning to bother the goons at KSR? If so I like your thinking!!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Bagley has been 18 since March. He is the average age of a college matriculant. He's older than Wendell Carter. Most importantly, this is the NCAA's only chance to have him playing college ball. Bagley can declare for the draft next year if he wants to. Add all this up, and I'm 100% sure the NCAA will get this approved. Bagley likes Duval and knows he can grab our 5th starting spot. I like where all this is heading.
Are you sure about that? I thought you had to be a year removed from high school and the 19-thing was more for international players.

Are you sure about that? I thought you had to be a year removed from high school and the 19-thing was more for international players.
You are correct. I overlooked that part. There's still no guarantee he would play in college if he did one more year of high school. He could play in the D League or overseas. Seems like the NCAA would like to cash in on him now if that's his preference and he can graduate now.

Reactions: christophero
To me only if they have the scissors in their hands in April. Until then the best one class imo was the 14-15 team.

Kind of getting tired of these one and done's using Duke to show case themselves for the NBA . Need some nattys. Really looking forward to the day when they can go straight to the league right after high school or stay with us for 2 or 3 years. Let's bring back college basketball. OFC

Kind of getting tired of these one and done's using Duke to show case themselves for the NBA . Need some nattys. Really looking forward to the day when they can go straight to the league right after high school or stay with us for 2 or 3 years. Let's bring back college basketball. OFC
Totally agree but we're already in this boat and super young and this guy is really, really good. :)

100% agree....How much fun would it have been to watch Winslow or Kyree for 3 years!!

Even just 2 years would give these a years worth of maturity, adjust to being away from home, building a social life and getting better. There has to be a better way than what's happening now and don't tell me hof coach roy williams has found the answer. He's recruiting these guys and wants them, they just don't to play there. OFC

Even just 2 years would give these a years worth of maturity, adjust to being away from home, building a social life and getting better. There has to be a better way than what's happening now and don't tell me hof coach roy williams has found the answer. He's recruiting these guys and wants them, they just don't to play there. OFC
Hard to tell a kid he can't make money, that he has to go to school. The nba's farm system is college basketball. Win win for them. Very hard on the coaches, work your butt off to have a kid for 8-10 months, and frustrating for the fans, but who cares what we think. I miss not having these kids longer too.
I say the top 40 high school seniors could be invited to a mini combine before their senior year and then ones that will be drafted high can go straight from high school. All others stay at least 2 years. It won't put as much strain on college coaches to fill their roster this way.

Yeah Ol Roy tries to get these kids, and the scandal may be hindering them, but I think the Carolina (Dean Smith) system may hurt him in bringing the "studs" to Chapel Hill. Like the joke was back in the day, he was the only man able to hold Jordan to 20 a game, and these kids may feel they can't "shine" in that style.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Hard to tell a kid he can't make money, that he has to go to school. The nba's farm system is college basketball. Win win for them. Very hard on the coaches, work your butt off to have a kid for 8-10 months, and frustrating for the fans, but who cares what we think. I miss not having these kids longer too.
I say the top 40 high school seniors could be invited to a mini combine before their senior year and then ones that will be drafted high can go straight from high school. All others stay at least 2 years. It won't put as much strain on college coaches to fill their roster this way.

Yeah Ol Roy tries to get these kids, and the scandal may be hindering them, but I think the Carolina (Dean Smith) system may hurt him in bringing the "studs" to Chapel Hill. Like the joke was back in the day, he was the only man able to hold Jordan to 20 a game, and these kids may feel they can't "shine" in that style.

That's why they should be allowed to go right after high school. I don't care if it's a hundred of them but if they decide to got to school it's at least 2 years. Itr would sooner or later all work out. They could have a basketball farms system with class A and class B. or just go to Europe. Just quit screwing up the college game. Even if there were less talent we would still play unc twice a year, have an ACC tourney and a natty and the best coaches would still get the best players and win the most nattys. We would still enjoy that wonderful game of college basketball. OFC

That's why they should be allowed to go right after high school. I don't care if it's a hundred of them but if they decide to got to school it's at least 2 years. Itr would sooner or later all work out. They could have a basketball farms system with class A and class B. or just go to Europe. Just quit screwing up the college game. Even if there were less talent we would still play unc twice a year, have an ACC tourney and a natty and the best coaches would still get the best players and win the most nattys. We would still enjoy that wonderful game of college basketball. OFC

I'm with you Sky...but can we wait until after this year? I wanna go ahead and watch Duvall and Carter.....I mean since we already signed them and all!!!

And we know Mama's love K now he has to work his magic on Grandma.

C'mon K!

And we know Mama's love K now he has to work his magic on Grandma.

C'mon K!

Coach K needs to ask Grandma if she makes "nanner puddin" and if so tell her he sure would like to have some. Everyone inn North Carolina has someone in their family that makes "nanner puddin. " We need to equalize Wanda's. OFC

Coach K needs to ask Grandma if she makes "nanner puddin" and if so tell her he sure would like to have some. Everyone inn North Carolina has someone in their family that makes "nanner puddin. " We need to equalize Wanda's. OFC
Offer her some potted meat. No one in their right mind would take nanner pudding over chopped peckers and lips.

:D

Reactions: hart2chesson
Our offensive spacing would be horrible but how scary would a defensive lineup be of:
Duval/Allen
Allen/Trent (Grayson average at best, hopefully Gary becomes a defensive stopper)
Bagley
Carter/Javin
Bolden/Carter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT